Dried poppy pod dosage Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Poppy Gardens Dried poppy pod dosage Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Erebus (Debremus)
Username: Debremus

Post Number: 643
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 08:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have read several different conflicting statements regarding dosages of dried poppy pods. Some have said 10 pods were enough for a blissful experience, others say only 2 or 3 for a maximum experience.

Are doses over 10 or 20 considered lethal? Would a case of poppy pods be far too many for someone to handle?

Also, how many milligrams of morphine is generally in one pod?

Erebus (Debremus)

Post Number: 644
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 08:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, does anyone know of a good source? There was a post a few weeks ago with one but I have since lost it.

Fitch F. Fitch (Fitch)
Username: Fitch

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 08:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You could take the poppy pods and easily turn it into raw opium, then treat it with lime I believe to get smokable morphine base. That should make dosing easier.
He was born pauper to a pawn
On a Christmas Day
When the New York Times said God is dead
And the Wars Begun

Erebus (Debremus)

Post Number: 645
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 08:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I found the source someone gave before at poppypod network. Are they typically treated with preservatives, and are these preservatives deadly?

Moose (Thidwick)
Advanced Member
Username: Thidwick

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 05:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Long post coming...

Pods' O content varies wildly, from nil to pharmaceutical pods imported from prime grow areas. Quality within a case is generally pretty uniform. Every new batch must be treated with respect, and tested for content with small doses first.

Upload
Papaver Somniferum

Dosing - Dosing by pod count is unsafe, you should dose by volume of pod powder or gram weight. Take your case/bunch of pods, and RANDOMLY grab several pods. Occasionally you'll find some stuck with gobs of dried gum O from insect damage or bruising (Yum!) Discard seeds (or save for planting). Grind them to powder in a coffee grinder.

In a pot, bring to a boil 20 oz h20 and 2 tablespoons reallemon juice, makes it acidic = better goodie extraction.

How much pod powder? It is obviously better to try this and feel like you took 3 or 4 Vics, than be puking and nodding in a scary way. First, remove the pot from the heat. I'd try adding 6 tablespoons of powder to the pot. Stir and steep for 1/2 hour.

It'll look like shit and smell like hay. After 1/2 hour, filter the Tea through a piece of old T-shirt draped over a huge plastic Big Gulp cup. Don't use a coffee filter, it'll take forever. Twist the shirt and squeeze the mass of grounds with your hand and collect the T which is trapped in there.

Now the important part - Poppy tea has a pretty slow ramp. It is also one of the vilest tasting substances I have ever encountered. Masking it with honey or fruit juice doesn't work, accept that it tastes like an ape's rectum as one of the prices to pay. If you have an apple, one trick is to take a big bite of apple, chew it to a pulp, pack your cheeks like a chipmunk, swallow a few gulps of T, and quickly resume chewing the apple.

Drink about 8 OZ of the T, and WAIT for an hour to 1.5 hours. If the pods are good, you'll feel it come on in about 40 minutes as a belly glow for want of a better description. If after 1.5 hours you have little or nothing, drink another 8 OZ. Etc. Slowly get to where you want to be. If you consume all the T and have nothing, your pods are bunk. If after the first 8 Oz and 1 hour wait you're basically saying "whoa", then you've got some prime pods. After you become familiar with the case, I recommend you grind and homogenize all the pods into mixed powder for consistent dosing.

Your bowels will absolutely freeze solid. DO NOT eat much that day except fruit and fibrous veggies. You won't care about food anyhow if they're good pods.

And you can welcome Bobo the monkey into your life if you are not exceptionally cautious. Bobo is a sneaky bastard, and will slowly grow into an unruly gorilla and make your life hell. Just handling those pods for the pic caused Bobo to chatter and gibber. Please be safe.

Oh yes, most pods advertised as "natural" are only dried in air, and have no unnatural chemicals added. I'd be in liver failure by now if they did. NEVER use pods with any coatings, paint, glazes, etc. The pod should be dull, not real shiny. Don't laugh, I and many others have scraped paint to feed bobo.

Smerd (Smerd)
Username: Smerd

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 02:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the one I've heard of - never used:
http://www.liyf.net/poppy/dp.html
I've read enough about this stuff to scare me off, though.
Initiative comes to those who wait.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: