How many lbs of rye into an autoclavi... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters How many lbs of rye into an autoclavicable bag? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Joe Millionaire (Rotterdam_y2k)
Username: Rotterdam_y2k

Post Number: 711
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 01:28 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some chick i know has some large mycobags sitting around. she wants to put alot of rye berries into the bag. Mushmush puts 500g into a bag, a little more than a pound. Surely you can put more in there?

How many lbs do you recommend this betty put into the bag? thanks

-joe
"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 04:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont do it by the lb. I do it by the quart. You can add up to 6 level quart jars full into the large size autoclaveable bags.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Expert Contam Grower (Exprtcntamgrowr)
Intermediate Member
Username: Exprtcntamgrowr

Post Number: 76
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 06:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is she going to grow from the bag or is it going to be used as a spawn bag?? For spawn production a standard spawn bag (18x8x5) you put in 3300 grams of rye, 1400 ml of water, and 12 grams of gypsum (optional). Make sure it's pc'd for at least 2 hours at 15lbs. If you are going to crop directly from the bag you can put up to 6lbs of presoaked (proper moisture content) substrate into the bag.
I grow everything very well, Green mold exceptionaly well.

Joe Millionaire (Rotterdam_y2k)
Username: Rotterdam_y2k

Post Number: 713
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 01:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks
"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 12334
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 03:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: