Jerry Bears Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Drug Dosage & Dosing: Recipies & Extracts. MANY MORE RECIPES Jerry Bears Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 01:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mule's Jerry bears
Shrooms at least 10grams ( more the better)
One lb. (.5kg) sugar
Two oz (56gram) gelatin
Flavoring (any flavor extract, watermelon is a favorite)
Coloring ( any and many )
Powdered sugar
1/2 (125ml)cup of shroom tea (see below)
Candy molds

First make the tea by grinding the Shrooms into a fine power, as fine as flour.
You will need very dry mushrooms.
Then take one cup of water and bring it to a full boil.
Remove from the heat and slowly add the shroom powder while stirring.
Put the mixture back on low (very low) heat, and allow it to simmer until it has been reduced to a 1/2 cup.
Next is optional, allow to cool to room temp, then line a funnel with a coffee filter and filter off the solid.
The solid you can toss, all the magic has been extracted into the filtrate.

Next take the tea you made above and place into a one quart jar.
Place the jar into a pan of hot water warm it to just above room temp, and stir in the powered gelatin.
After all the tea has been absorbed by the gelatin, slowly increase the tempure and add the sugar while stirring.
Bring the mixture to a thick syrup (about 85c) and allow it to remain in this state for 5 min,stirring all the while.
Then slowly stir in the flavors and colors.

Take your candy molds and lightly dust them in powdered sugar.
Then while the gelatin mixture is still in a fluid state pour into the molds.
Allow to sit for 12 hours at room temp to set.

Note:

Small ice cube trays will work for a candy mold.
Start with only one candy, there is no way to measure the active content.
In theory if you make ten candies, using 10 grams of Shrooms then each will have the power of of one gram.
But in experience it has been found that is not always the case, there has been case where one candy had the power of a +3 trip.
So be careful.

plinkerdink420 (Plinkerdink420)
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 02:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hell yeah hip!!!! way to go on diggin' up those recipes... i'm definitely gonna hafta give this one a try one of these days...

BoxedHearts (Boxedhearts)
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 02:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too Cool Hippie!

I'll have to keep them hidden as my mother and my best friends 5 year old daughter have a major sweet tooth.

I will definately make them. Very portable. Good stealth!!

Yummy <rubbing tummy>

MOUSE MOUSIE (Mousie6598)
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 05:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im sure you know what your talking about and i would like to try. but i thought that heat killed (broke down) the active chemicals in the shrooms?

Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 05:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

heat will break down the psilocybin at a certain temp, but i don't think it would completely obliterate the magic... ever heard of shroom tea?

Dr. Cubesis III (Newbieshroomer)
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 05:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cook fresh shrooms up all the time in spahgetti...
Cooks for quite awhile to...

I am ALWAYS surprised at the potency...
* shrug * I believe heat breaks it down...

But slow cook some spag for a day with mushies
thrown into the sauce in the beginning....

And then test potency that night....
Let us know if you experience a FULL trip...
Or a shadow of what your cubies were before the heat...

Based on my experience... Expect a slammin trip...

Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 08:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there are so many web sites that say one thing and so many that say another im glad there is a place where you can talk to people who have some expirence firt hand. that spag sounds good im really going to try it do you have any tips to give?

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

second that!

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 02:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

now if the heat doesnt destroy the magic in low amounts, i still cant see why using a dehydrator on a low heat (lowest i've seen) 85? deg f
would be very destructive compared to making tea or jello type treats.

i never seem to get a straight answer about heat vs. shrooms.
Confused

Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 03:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eh!? screw it... if i had a dehydrator i prolly wouldn't disconnect the heat

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 03:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the question of heat and magic:
A quote from the Mycotopia Recipies in the archives,
"In the Merc index it shows a breakdown of Psilocybin is 195 F. Boiling water is 212 F So boiling is going to cause a loss of potency.<snip>This time I Boiled the water, and upon boiling I removed it from the heat, dropped in the shrooms and allowed to steep until it reached room temp.<snip>"
Hip's recipe says to simmer, not boil, after putting the powder in.
I think that is why there is little to no magic loss.
But this is over a short period of time, 10min, not the length of time it would
take to dry shrooms, so that is probably why it works.
And Mal, no one said you couldn't use a dehydrator, they just recomended
against it since there are better ways to dry the mushies without
so much magic loss.
Hope this helps :)

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 04:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yea i just read the psilocybin/195 F. thing too. but what temp does psilocyn begin to break down?

but if neither break down around 85 - 90 F. then a dehydrator should work fine with little or no breakdown.

so for me a dehydrator might be the ticket.
but... what about dehydration times.

with my home made dryer. it drys them in about 2 - 3 days. and the temps in my apartment are 80 - 90 anyway so i figure a food dehydrator @ 85 - 90 couldnt do much more damage.

any idea on how long a 'real' dehydrator would take for some shroomies? could possibly put some drierite in the dehydrator on one of the shelves... that could speed it up quite a bit i would imagine.

Tyk (Tyk)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 05:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think drierite in the dehydrator would help much, since the dehydrator relies on moving air to dry, which would pretty much negate the effectiveness of any dessicant. Now, maybe if you put the dehydrator in a closed system with dessicant it might help? A dehydrator with heat would probably only take 6-8 hours to dry shrooms. I use one now with the heat discoed, and it takes 24+ hours to get them almost dry, then 2-3 days in dessicant to get them cracker dry.

Don't know if the heat would eliminate the dessicant stage or not. Would like to hear anyone else's experiences with this.

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 07:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ya, ive been messing with a closed version of a dehydrator with drierite.
just keep recirculating the air .

say you have a 3 tray dehydrator..
stick the dehydrator in a box or small, dry closed room. just make sure the temps dont go over like 85 - 90
pop the shrooms in the middle. put a layer of drierite above and below it about half way through the drying process.
and i bet it would realy dry them fast.

i duno. ive been doing alot of thinking about fans, and making a drierite 'container' to suck the air in the 'mushroom dryer' through, like an air filter. just keep recirulating the air through the drierite filter. (sounds good to me)

el-dub (Laughingwillow)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dehydrator runs at 110*F. I've been putting them in for six hours or so and then straight into a ziplock stored in a plastic container. (They appear to regain some moisture if only plastic container or ziplock is used.

While I'm still curious as to the potentcy issue, a dehydrator is sure convenient.

We're getting a new fridge later this month with adjustable humidity bins. Anyone know the effectiveness of air drying on a screen in a low humidity bin?

lw

Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 01:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

has anyone tried to use damprid? i think that would be a fast way and you dont have to worry about heat. but im not sure i never tried

Dr. Cubesis III (Newbieshroomer)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 05:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL!

Don't want to ruin the thread...
But One time, we took a mature half pint cake,
cleaned it of shrooms, tossed them whole in the spag...

An hour and a half after we ate, we were on the floor and my girl started tickling me....

Laughed so hard.... Ate so much..
Projectile vomited before I made it to the sink..
Laughing the whole time...
Trying to clean up my vomit was funny...
Laughed while cleaning the sink, the wall, and vomited some more....

In the shower, cleaning puke out of my hair, still laughing! And My girl was still laughing to...
What a night that was... * grin! *

Fresh cubies are the stuff of dreams...

Vitti (Vitticeps)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 07:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe the issue of heat drying the shrooms has to do with the fact that oxidation of the alkaloids (psilocin and psilocybin) is accelerated at higher temps. Any drying method will cause some loss of potency over fresh due to oxidation of the goodies. The higher the heat however, the faster this happens and therefore heated drying is not recommended.

Some of the chemistry nuts out there may correct me on this but that is my understanding.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 12:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

slimjim99
from forestfloor.org

Posted:
June 19 2002,10:27

Report this post to a moderator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i know i have been askin alot of questions but now i found my place. im a beast at cooking so here are some good dishes.

CHILI CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS
INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound boned & skinned chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
1 cup chopped onion
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 pounds mushrooms, quartered (about 10 cups)
1 can (about 28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 can (about 15 1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan heat oil until hot. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion; cook stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin and garlic; cook , stirring frequently, until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, about 10 minutes. Uncover, simmer until flavors are blended and sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Serve with grated Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce and sour cream, if desired.
YIELD: 6 Portions

MUSHROOM & BRIE QUESADILLAS W/MANGO PAPAYA CHUTNEY
INGREDIENTS

8 oz. Brie Cheese, cold
2 tbs. Olive Oil
1 lb. Mixed Fresh Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 can (4.5 oz.) Mild Green Chilies, chopped
1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Salt
0.13 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
8 6 inch Flour tortillas
2 tbs. Fresh Cilantro leaves, chopped
1 EACH FRESH MANGO & PAPAYA CHUTNEY
1 cup Fresh Mango, diced
1 cup Fresh Papaya, diced
2 tbs. Fresh Lime Juice
2 tbs. Fresh Cilantro leaves, chopped
1 tbs. Fresh Jalapeno, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. Salt

DIRECTIONS
Cut Brie in 1/4 inch thick slices; set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes; remove 1 cup for garnish; set aside. To remaining mushrooms add green chilies, onion, garlic, salt and black pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, 3 to 4 minutes longer. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat place 1 tortilla; spread a quarter of the mushroom mixture over the tortilla. In a single layer arrange a quarter of the Brie over mushrooms. Heat until cheese starts to melt, about 30 seconds. Cover with another tortilla, pressing down lightly. Using a large spatula turn quesadilla; heat until cheese is melted about 30 seconds longer. Remove from skillet to a serving plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients except chutney. Top quesadillas with reserved mushrooms. Cut in wedges and serve with Fresh Mango and Papaya Chutney. FRESH MANGO & PAPAYA CHUTNEY: In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Serve over Mushroom and Brie Quesadillas.
YIELD: 4 Portions

6 oz. mushrooms
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs. shallots, minced

DIRECTIONS
Rinse mushrooms lightly and trim any rough parts if necessary. Divide into smaller clusters and set aside. In medium size skillet, heat oil and saute mushrooms about 15 seconds. Add salt and pepper and saute another 15 seconds. Stir in parsley, shallots and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
YIELD: 4 Portions

Mushroom Sesame Balls
Lady Di's Discreet Mushroom Sesame Balls

Ingredients
Dried, finely ground mushrooms of your choice
Double that volume (not weight! of the best whole sesame seeds
Fine honey
Dash of salt
Toast the sesame seeds lightly in a dry cast iron frying pan on medium high setting, stirring heartily. When they start popping and smelling great, that's enough. Pour them into a bowl and let them cool. Set a small handful aside, then whiz the rest in a blender until there's only about 30% whole seeds visible. Add mushrooms, whiz again. (For additional Ch'i, you can do all this whizzing in a suribachi.) Pour into bowl, add small amount of salt and enough honey to attain clay-like consistency. Roll into one-inch balls, licking hands frequently. Roll balls in whole sesame seeds, store in tightly sealed container in cool place. Take anywhere. Guard against unsuspecting refrigirator raiders.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honey Mushrooms

Coarsely chop dried (or fresh, I imagine) mushrooms and loosely pack into some beautiful little jar which is shallow enough that you can reach its bottom with your finger. Add honey to fill all spaces. Hide in a dark, cool place and try to forget about it for a month or two. Eat by fingerful for brightened colors, elevated humor, musical enhancement, new friends and so on. When you finish a bag, add the crumbs to your mushroom honey jar. Occasionally replenish it with mushrooms and top off with honey.

Mushroom Pizza

I was wondering whether mushrooms could be baked on a pizza and still provide effects.

So, I went out west and picked some (there is some abundance in South Florida). Then, when I went to work that evening (I was amanager at the local Pizza Hut), I baked an extra cheese, double mushroom (1/2 and 1/2), and onion pizza (pan crust).

Not only did it taste great, but I found the buttons on the cash register changing places. So, I did the only thing any person would---close up shop early.

It definitely beats the bitten routine of making tea and eating sludge.

Mushroom Tabouli

This sort of reminds me of my first Dead show. A friend of mine from Toronto put 1/2 oz of 'shrooms into a taboule (sp?) salad a day before crossing the border to Buffalo. By the time we got to the border, the 'shrooms had swelled up and just looked like... well, mushrooms.

So we all pigged out on the floor in Rich stadium before the show. They worked just fine!

I think the only factor to consider is the full stomach/empty stomach thing that's a factor in any drug eating. If you eat six pieces of pizza, with a certain ammount of mushrooms, you'll take longer to get off than with only 1 piece of pizza.

Mushrooms with Peanut Butter

I don't like the taste of psilocybin mushrooms, but I've found that if I mix them with peanut butter or make a chunky peanut butter sandwich with them, I find the flavors mix well and it tastes good. Serious Thumbs-Up on the peanut butter route with plenty of liquids to wash em down. Some people get queasy with mushrooms and the peanut butter can make them longer to come on than tea, but it can be a great way to go.

Chocolate Dipped Mushrooms

Using dried mushrooms, melt chocolate chips carefully in a double boiler or over very low heat. Its very easy to burn chocolate when heating on a stovetop, which makes it taste off and dries it out so its hard to dip. Once the chocolate is liquid, simply dip the mushrooms into the chocolate using tongs and place on wax paper until cool. Enjoy.

Be aware that not all chocolate resolidifies well after heating, but most chocolate chips have additives which help them resolidify nicely. Chocolate stores better over long periods of time in the freezer inside air tight containers. When transporting, frozen chocolates will melt less quickly, so keep them cool. Well made chocolates are also an excellent disguise.

Simple Mushroom Tea

Chop or crush mushrooms.

Use 1 cup of water per person and/or 1 cup of water per 5 grams.

Heat water to boiling, pour hot water over mushrooms.

Wait 5-10 minutes, strain water into drinking cup.

Pour a second amount of water over strained mushrooms.

Drink first infusion.

Strain second infusion into drinking cup and drink.

Zam's Mushroom Elixir Recipe

I would say that mushroom tea is by far the least 'gross' way to go with mushrooms. (though to each their own for sure). I've played with various tea-admixtures and have recently been using:

Yogi Tea brand Licorice Tea
Much MUCH better than it sounds if you havent tried it. Extremely interesting / magical flavor. Highly recommended. Other brands of 'licorice spice' are ok.

Small amount of Fresh Ginger - (as a stomach helper).

A little squeeze of a fresh orange
Not too much. Adds a little acidity and a nice round flavor.

Sometimes Damiana
A very mildly stimulating herb that I find interesting by itself. Set your own admixture herbs according to your tastes and preferences.

I boil the water, pour it over the tea and let it sit until not mouth-burny, and then strain. You don't have to swallow the mushroom parts if they upset your stomach, a majority of the active ingredients of the mushrooms will be extracted into the water. The resulting tea has a very -magical- or -weird- flavor but is not at all like chewing mushrooms into paste in your mouth.

I personally find the idea of 'hiding' the mushrooms inside other edibles to be less than appealing because I often don't want much (or anything) in my stomach at the time.

Zam's Mushroom Elixir Ritual

A ritual that I've been developing goes something like this:

Start a pot of at least 3 cups of water boiling per person.
chop mushrooms while waiting for water to heat up
place mushrooms in small tea pot or ceramic bowl with spout
pick your favorite herbs, you might consider stomach helpers like ginger, mint, etc or some mildly stimulating herb if you find mushrooms 'sleepy' (damiana, a tiny bit of green tea, etc). I would recommend against trying a new tea or herb for the first time as part of your mushroom Elixir, so work with the herbs beforehand- everyone has very different tastes. I have personally found that Yogi brand Licorice tea (with black pepper) combines very well with Teonanctl - think about taste combinations- mushrooms taste 'earthy' to me with a mysterious bite.
pour ~1 cup hot/almost boiling water over them and go about your pre-mushroom rituals, change clothing, clear a space, get your blanket, find your jacket, prepare an altar, or whatever would make the experience more focused or magical, make you comfortable, try to have everything you are planning on needing prepared before you drink, etc.
Music / Sound: I choose a mellow, meditative music for the drinking period to help me focus and relax.
After 10+ mins, pour the 1 cup Mushroom Elixir into your ritual drinking vessel, straining with a tea strainer (available everywhere) or get a little teapot that has a built in strainer.
Pour another cup of water over the wet mushrooms
Hold the Mushroom Elixir and reflect on where you are, why you are choosing the Mushroom today. Drink slowly and relax into the taste. Imagine that you enjoy it
wait at least 5-10 mins before straining off the second cup, then pour another 1/2 - 1 cup of water over mushrooms for a third extraction.
drink 2nd extraction and save the third for later.
relax and lie back and await the peak. I find that if I remain still during the peak, I experience very little stomach unpleasantness.

I don't notice any loss of potency from swallowed dry to the Elixir.
I do experience far less stomach distress with tea.
I find that it is quite pleasant to drink the mushroom tea slowly, the effects come on quickly in the tea form and by the time I've finished my first cup, I can feel the Mushroom approaching. By the time I've finished the second cup, there are distinct alerts. I save the third extraction for an hour or more after the first two and find that when I go back to drinking it while bemushroomed to be an interesting and positive experience and the effects also are increased by the third cup at T+60-120. I wouldn't recommend drinking the 3rd cup much after 2 hours as I've found trying to extend the mushroom experience after that to be somewhat unrewarding.