Milk dunk using 2% milk is wrong Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Dunking. Milk dunk using 2% milk is wrong Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

j b (Widesporepanic)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 08:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i used 2% milk. I tried to look around for any info on not to use and couldn't find anything so i just did it and now i am having second thoughts. should i take them out? I only did it a few minutes ago..../

thnx,
jb

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 09:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out Dunking in Soy Milk? which includes discussion on different
types of milk dunks and how to do it.
Also, check out Bleach Dipping which is done as a follow-on to the milk dunk.
It seems to help prevent contams which were previously the problem
with the milk dunk.
You can use a Keyword Search on milk in the Archives for other
discussions that might help.
Hope this helps :)

j b (Widesporepanic)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 09:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i am familiar with both of the pages you have linked and have read them several times. but if you notice they mention nothing of using 2% milk.
i was just wondering if milk fat would definatly cause problems.

jb

devious (Devious1)
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 09:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well im only on my first try and I dunked my Pf cakes in milk, 4 for 12 hours and 3 for 24 hours and Im seeing some results with my PR's, so if that's any help to you, Im sure you you didn't cause any harm. Oh yeah, and I used whole milk.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

animal fat can cause mutations in shrooms,
that's why non-fat dry milk is best, then skim.
i find 24 hours in milk to be too stressful on older cakes, so i'd keep my milk-dunks to 6-12 hours for best results.

Maliki (Maliki)
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And I must conced to this one as ive never tried the milk dunk tek . Ive allways gotten more then desirable results from just the standard spring water dunk . Now the bleach dunk has let me take 8 Cakes to a 5th flush........:) Wich is amazing to me as I live in Contamination Junction...
But alas never been down this road.....

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, mal, we're neighbors, i'm just down the road in Greenton.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: