Making syringes Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Gloveboxes & Flowhoods. Making syringes Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

psybercillin (Psybercillin)
Username: Psybercillin

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 04:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey everybody, im tired of buying spore syringes every time i want to shoot up a few cakes so it would seem like the next step would be making my own prints. The thing is that I have a very small setup and dont have the time/money/space for a glovebox. Ive' scoured the archives trying to find a good tek for making syringes under not-so-sterile conditons but it seems like there isnt any. My question is how sterile of conditions do you need to make prints? I can make the equivilent of a cardbord glovebox but thats it, no fans or filters. Would it be sterile enough?
thanks

who me? (Suckerfree)
Username: Suckerfree

Post Number: 258
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 04:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To make a print: all ya need to do is be sterile while handling cap, put on foil, place glass over, with a little gap for air to escape/enter.

Syringe: build a cardboard glovebox ..... here's
a few pics.... mine worked great until i built a plastic one.

Upload
Positioning the plexi window.

Upload
cut a hole

Upload
rubber cement glue that sucker on, and duct tape.....

Upload
had an extra fish tank light, so i set it up on top... (taped)

Upload
gotta have arm holes, got them at home depot, like pcv something a rathers..... i also got the "caps or plugs" that fits in it....

line the inside with foil... wipe with alcohol,
the box is on it's side so the opening is now the back, i tape it shut after putting everything i need inside it.

there, a cheapo cardboard glove box...... hey it works....

search the archives, plenty of info on print making and glovebox making..... this is only an idea.
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand."
- Confucius

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Username: Imok

Post Number: 988
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hip, think this one should go in the archives under gloveboxes?
Hope this helps :-)

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1135
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think so. :-)
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

who me? (Suckerfree)
Username: Suckerfree

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 06:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload
the finished cardboard glovebox

Upload
a look through the plexi glass....
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand."
- Confucius

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 12835
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 11:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sure, examples help.
archive material

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: