Texas Strain Isolation/ Z strain Mult... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Substrate: Shroom Food Worm Castings Texas Strain Isolation/ Z strain Multispore Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Username: Eatyualive

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 07:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Texas strain: clone #1. pins well on casings and colonizes fast. the super quick invitro pinning is eliminated....
z strain...multispore! cased with coco/fiber. both subs are about 4" deep with 1/2" casing on top. no extra moisture, fanning, or misting added after original sub was cased!Upload
Upload

take note. these are 30 liter bins. very large. dry harvest total of both together was 9 oz dry first flush!

mamahuhu (Iamrobot)
Username: Iamrobot

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 08:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what substrate is being used here?}

no extra moisture, fanning, or misting added after original sub was cased}

closed environment? no contams? no way!
"Enough" is like a magic carpet; I experience "more" as a burden - Illich

faht (Fahtphish)
Username: Fahtphish

Post Number: 793
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 08:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very nice. almost doesn't look TEXAS. is that myc. in the bottom corner of that second pic? those Z's look super yummy. :-)

fahtster
says: hello :-)

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 09:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice flushes!
"I feel rowdy and I don't know why. . .Excuse me while I kiss the sky". . .jimi hendrix

Joe Millionaire (Rotterdam_y2k)
Username: Rotterdam_y2k

Post Number: 758
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 12:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is that myc. in the bottom corner of that second pic?

Nope. Polyfil for gas exchange.
"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

who me? (Suckerfree)
Username: Suckerfree

Post Number: 261
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 12:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fucking beautiful..... do you have any more pictures you'd like to share?
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand."
- Confucius

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 12856
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 02:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

proly something similar to this=
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/11766.h tml

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 1697
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 04:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"no extra moisture, fanning, or misting added after original sub was cased."

I just noticed that. No air exchange?
"I feel rowdy and I don't know why. . .Excuse me while I kiss the sky". . .jimi hendrix

Sharkie Jones (Rainbowfungus)
Username: Rainbowfungus

Post Number: 696
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 04:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Is all I can say.
God bless the Post Office, and tyvek.

grimble g grumble (Grimblegrumble)
Username: Grimblegrumble

Post Number: 119
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 06:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done Sir, well done! Someone I know says this looks like something to try out!
So it goes...

Roc (Rochester)
Username: Rochester

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 06:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice job!

Roc

fucgubarn fucgubarnov (Fucgubarn)
Username: Fucgubarn

Post Number: 156
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 07:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow,

Deadly Ripped (Deadly_ripped)
Advanced Member
Username: Deadly_ripped

Post Number: 83
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 10:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was the yield on the tex batch?
Four green houses... One red hotel.

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 545
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 10:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Eat, are those casings just in a bin like a rubbermaid and sealed and left to fruit? Nice flushes. :-)
Some say the hills too steep to climb...climb it!

- Pink Floyd

something random (Ska4eva)
Username: Ska4eva

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 10:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG what a flush!!!!! keep on cloning i say :D

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)

Post Number: 46
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 07:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that is polyfill, this is basically the double tub tek. there is no fanning. this casing is on 4th flush now and has never been fanned or misted. the air exchange occurs through the holes in the sides of the chamber that are filled with polyfill. you can see this in the bottom right corner of the z strain picture. now the z strain picture was multispore not a clone....oops! a second generation clone is now being taken. it is almost in the works soon and these tex have been printed. this clone is very risilliant. and if you look on the other post with more pictures you will see a very large tex that is popping up b4 any of the others. this was the baby that was cloned. by the way, i hear these are even more potent than the original tex strain that i found that most people seem to have now. i love this strain and i am glad that i could share it with so many people. looks like everyone is enjoying it as much as i have throughout the years!

i am, yes... it is basically a clear rubbermaid with holes poked in it with polyfil in the holes. there is a black plastic trash bag under the sub which blocks light from the sub and also serves as a barrier for water buildup. these bins produce their own moisture. no extra moisture has been added since casing. that is all. a little deep scratching after 1st flush but that is all! hope this explains it! i don't post much anymore so sorry if i got back to everyone a little late about these pictures!

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)

Post Number: 47
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 07:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hip, somewhat similar to that method but the depth of sub is only about 3 inches. also.... basically this is millets tek with my little twist. being... a little verm added to the pasteurized worm poo.

here is a simple explanation and i won't go into further detail bc i am a lazy bastard!

mix worm poo/verm to moisture content in turkey tins. pasteurize in oven at 175 for 2 hours.
pasteruzie straw in pc or in a cooler for 2 hours submerged. mix it all up after you strain the straw. then spawn the wbs into the mix.

that is all! plain and simple, yet effective. and to be quite honest. a whole load less work than other methods.

the only downfall to bulk preparation is timing. the bulk colonizes and really fruits much slower than say flatcakes. in the time that you get one flush from bulk you may get 15 from flatcakes. but you get quite a bit of bang for you buck. imagine this picture times ten and then you know your doing something right. and right now these are just experiments. you should see my foafs insanely crazy ideas! hehe!

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 07:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

might i add. the double tubs provide adequete air exchange! you can actually see the circulation of humidity on the sides of the chambers. rather interesting observation!

NegativeZer0 (Negativezer0)
Username: Negativezer0

Post Number: 192
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 12:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

15 flatcakes seems like a lot more work! Seems like the chronic tek but for casings. Thanks for the write-up; im sure this will be archive material for sure.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 14976
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 12:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

im sure this will be archive material for sure.

already is.
but plz refrain from using our tagline 'archive material', that's for staff here only.

Astro (Astrocreep)
Username: Astrocreep

Post Number: 267
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 04:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great work!!
Only time will tell...

harry m stevens (Rockawayrooms)
Username: Rockawayrooms

Post Number: 572
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 04:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

amazing job!!
her face is cracked from smilin
all the tears that she's been hidin
and she wonders pretty soon if
everybody's gonna mellow!!!l.zeppelin

bill and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member
Username: Billted

Post Number: 78
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 01:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, that strain z is a multispore?

Did you take the print yourself, or get it supplied? I am just really impressed by the amount you got out of a multispore. Did you notice it took a lot longer to colonize/fruit for the multispore compared to the clones?

Congrats though,
-bill
"well, you can't have everything...
Where would you put it?"

NegativeZer0 (Negativezer0)
Username: Negativezer0

Post Number: 199
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry about that hip! would "this shoud be in the archives" be better? i guess you might have a script that scans for "archive material" in the posts. sorry again...

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15067
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

i guess you might have a script that scans for "archive material" in the posts.

bingo!

(Message edited by admin on March 07, 2004)

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 06:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the print was from a generation grown from another print from fm! well the clones mycelia is very strong and aggressive. but the z strain colonizes very quiclkly! if you compare the two the tex has better yield but it is a clone so that may account for the yield bc the z flush looked much larger!

i am saying goodbye to everyone now.EATYU RETIRES!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15080
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

farewell, eatyu.