Stealth grow chamber (pics 900x600, f... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. Stealth grow chamber (pics 900x600, four of them) Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Pskovinsky (Pskov)
Username: Pskov

Post Number: 467
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 06:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was browsing through the archives and noticed a section on stealth grows, so i thought i'd post what my friend came up with for his.

Its a standard set of steel desk drawers, with a hole punched in the back for the power line to come through (that was HARD he tells me, steel doesnt like holes being made in it). The stuff taped to the walls/floor/ceiling of it are foam chunks from shipping computer parts, used as insulation. It's a 25watt fish tank heater, in a quart jar. With the insulation it keeps things at 72-75(on full, a 50 watt would be better for this setup).

Interior picture, note the wire coming in from the back
Upload

Drawer out, heater wires taped down.
Upload

Drawer loaded with various projects
Upload

What normal people get to see
Upload

It wouldn't stand up to an actual search of the house, but it keeps it safe from guests and/or authority figures who come through the area.

Final note, I apolize if these pictures are to big and force you to scroll, please let me know if they are so i can resize in the future
--Pskov(insky)
A multiclass lvl 1 psion, lvl 2 fighter, and lvl 6 auto mechanic.
Stats unknown.
(no, it's not my car, wish it was)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 13351
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 12:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

chnop35 (Chnop35)
Username: Chnop35

Post Number: 126
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 02:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the jar in the middle with wire? Heat, I suppose. Nice set-up.
I see file cabinets thrown away all the time everywhere. They're easy to pick up for free.
Great idea.
~Keep your feet on the ground~

grasshopper wilkins (Triked)
Intermediate Member
Username: Triked

Post Number: 63
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 05:13 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very impressive.
"I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends...they're in my head." -Kurt Donald Cobain

Pskovinsky (Pskov)
Username: Pskov

Post Number: 477
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 07:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The wire goes to a 25watt($19) fully submersible fishtank heater, inside the quart jar you can see, it has a plastic bag taped over it to control evaporation, without it it gets REALLY damp in there and has to be filled pretty much every day.
--Pskov(insky)
A multiclass lvl 1 psion, lvl 2 fighter, and lvl 6 auto mechanic.
Stats unknown.
(no, it's not my car, wish it was)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: