Mini basket Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Misc Teks & Questions Vision's Laundry Basket Tek Mini basket Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

bil and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member
Username: Billted

Post Number: 52
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 07:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey first mini basket pics...

B+, corn, straw, cow manure. Pinned in 2 weeks, harvesting in a day or so prolly.

Upload
Upload

This seemed to have worked well, going to pick prolly in a day. Still want to wait on a couple groups to fill out. Plus I want to see how big they can get with some heavy watering. Its an experiment.
what is this...

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 678
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 08:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lovely! Congrats....I love how baskets look.
Green is the colour of her kind.

-Pink Floyd

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 09:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a nice lookin basket.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

bil and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 09:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Hf, mean a lot coming from you. Also this is just a mini, I am still waiting on a couple full ones.

But I agree this tek is the shit. More or less damn easy if you know what your doing. I guess thats why its a "sorta advanced" tek. Easy enough, but you need to know what to do from experience, not really just knowledge.

I am going to have a few pics up this week of the different ones with different additives, size, layers etc. I played around a lot with it.
what is this...

I_am_me (I_am_me)

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah after I just found out you can get mini straw bales from Michaels I might have to look into a basket.

-Pink Floyd

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 13462
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Yogi (Yogi)
Username: Yogi

Post Number: 241
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 12:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay! you guys did it! Nice flush.
I wouldn't water too much while its fruiting though. If you do it right you can get a good second flush too so don't toss it.

bil and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 12:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh shit really.. sweet ;)

Well i am misting with a pint of water a day.. is that too much?
what is this...

Yogi (Yogi)

Post Number: 243
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 07:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

During fruiting I would put a loose clear plastic bag with a few small holes cut in it over the basket and stop misting. Then when its all picked take a clean fork and scratch or turn over the top layer a bit and then begin misting again. The water can hurt the developing fruit so its best to hold off on misting after you see pins.

bil and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 59
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 04:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*update.

Heres the harvest, 1.5 lb wet. Not bad for a mini.

Upload
Upload

only problem was there were only 5 aborts. I kinda like to eat them....

what is this...

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 1769
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 04:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Something I've found lately....You can mist both pins and fruitbodies on straw without them aborting. Do the same thing on a casing and nearly all abort. Anybody else notice this?

Nice grow by the way!
"I feel rowdy and I don't know why. . .Excuse me while I kiss the sky". . .jimi hendrix

bil and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 04:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ha, thats happened to me with straw logs. I misted the hell out of them and a ton grew out. Nearly no aborts.

I am not really sure about actually misting casings since I always used a humidifier...

Went i misted the baskets they seemed to get a little soft/weak on the bottoms of them. I just did it once, when the pins were all about an inch. It seemed to have worked out well anyways.
what is this...

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Username: Sweetness

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 03:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Btw, nice pants
*And without a thought of the consequence
I gave in to my decadence* Pink Floyd

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 06:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You can mist both pins and fruitbodies on straw without them aborting.

I can confirm this.

Nice lookin mushies Billted. Hope you enjoy. :-)
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Magenta (Magenta)
Intermediate Member
Username: Magenta

Post Number: 56
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 10:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you say how much spawn you used for that mini?
Magenta

bil and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 05:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the spawn was 5 quarts.

kinda a lot for a mini, but it colonizes super fast...
what is this...

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Username: Cleanjar

Post Number: 426
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 09:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shazam, nice fruits!

Yogi (Yogi)

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 10:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks good, nice yield, no criticism...but, you could have done just fine with 2 quarts. In other words ya could have done two with the spawn you used.

bil and ted (Billted)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 11:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But is it really as fast? I guess I just wanted to make sure since it was my first time that it colonized real good.

Yogi, do you notice a "big" difference in time to colonize, using more or less spawn? I mean does the time to colonize change dramitcally using 5 instead of 2, or is it pretty close no matter what...
what is this...

I_am_me (I_am_me)

Post Number: 737
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 11:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plus if you use G2G spawn is pretty much plentiful so if it kicks it up a notch to add a bit of extra spawn you really aren't wasting. :-)

-Pink Floyd

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 13885
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

does the time to colonize change dramitcally using 5 instead of 2, or is it pretty close no matter what

that depends on how much substrate is available.
there is a point of diminishing returns after which adding more spawn will only make a tiny difference.
looking at the size of your basket i'd guess 3 qts was about that point, the last 2 added more food but proly did little in terms of colonization speed, assuming you spread the spawn out good.

Yogi (Yogi)

Post Number: 255
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For a full size basket I would say that 4-5 quarts would be a max ideal. Since yours was about half full you could have used 2 quarts and the results would have been the same.
With 4 quarts and a full basket I would expect pins at 18-20 days and harvest at about 23-25 days from spawning