AZURES INDOORS Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » Non Cubie Shrooms » AZURES INDOORS « Previous Next »

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 13867
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

by mobyd, of austria

Materils needed:

Mycelium of azurescens
Wood chips ( i don´t know which wood i got it from the saw mill)
Rye
Water
Pressure cooker
trays (I took some made of polystyrene)
jars (with filter lids --> tyvek works great!)
maybe a syringe (for mycelium syringes)
wet Cardboard (put the cardboard in COLD water for 15 min.)
A Bush?!? :-))
a terrarium
a glas or a plastic lid for the terrarium

I got this strain in Mai from "Lisa" (a friend of mine) and made some mycelium syringes.

First i took about 2 kilograms of rye and boiled it in water (1-1.5 hours) till they have enough water content. I put the grains into 8 jars and inoculated them with the liquid mycelia. About two weeks later the jars were fully colonized.

I took the colonised jars and mixed them !!unsterile!! with wood chips (the wood chips were soaked in water for 1 day) in a polystyrene (we call this "styropor" i dunno if there´s the same word in english) tray. The trays are ´bout 60x40cm (-> 23,6x 15,7 inches)

I put the trays outdoor with a lid (no light to the mycelium) and added water every 2 weeks. In the end of juni the wood chips were fully colonized. I was wondering how fast the mycelium grew!!!

I took some wood chips and put them on a wet cardboard to have some mycelia in automn:

This is the outdoor Tek:

I placed the trays (without lid of course!) under a bush and watered them if needed.
In the end of september/begin of Oktober the first shrooms grew.

I made a few pics:

Then there was nothing till halloween......
On 31th Oktober the second flush began to fruit:

These little babies are still growing!!!
It is not as difficult as i thought.....

Now the INDOOR TEK:

I placed one tray into my terrarium added some water (for the humidity I think some water also becomes vapor by this temperatur).

Here´s a pic of my Indoor setup:

The terrarium is placed in my cellar where the temperatur is as cold as outside ´cause of the broken window .
On the 2nd of Nvember the indoor tray also began to fruit (only a few Mushrooms but better a few than no mushhroms):

I´ll take some photos the next days, so you can watch them grow......

I have to say sorry for this low quality pics.......

I hope my english wasn´t too bad so you understand everything ....

mobyd

from shroomery.org
archive material

(Message edited by admin on February 21, 2004)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 13868
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I left the tray outside till the wood was totally colonised (not till they pinned!!!) and then Anno told me to try fruiting indoors. So the fruited and pinned INDOOR!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 794
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lovely! Thanks for posting the info!
Green is the colour of her kind.

-Pink Floyd

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 1795
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow!
Sure wish the wild ones looked that good.
"I feel rowdy and I don't know why. . .Excuse me while I kiss the sky". . .jimi hendrix

Albert Einstein (Furthur)
Intermediate Member
Username: Furthur

Post Number: 68
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 05:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been looking far and wide for the complete indoor cultivation tek for the most potent known magic shroom aka the azurensis...according to the psilometric scale...this is one giant leap forward...any comments on the outdoor temp/humidity/climate during the incubation cycle?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."-- MLK Jr.

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Username: Mycophil

Post Number: 822
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"it's not as difficult as i thought"
My first attempt OUTSIDE with cyans was a piece of cake ,lol,(figurally speaking).I came to see it as my beginners luck later on as later attempts were much harder to succeed.
On a few occasions i've seen success stories with the tek described above by Mobyd ,there's been a discussion about the role of ascinomycetes at the shroomery ,where was stated that they probably played a vital role in the success indoors .Always when i've seen a succesfull indoors growth it was coming from outdoors first where the ascinomycetes could have come in contact with the culture. So it is not a breakthrough as it has been done before succesfully ,but it is a proof that it can be done,when it grew outside first.I think for the moment not enough research has been done to come to many conclusions on indoorcultivation.
If it was really easily ,we should have seen more success stories on the boards.
Still I'm glad other people are working on it 2. The role of the ascinomycetes isn't fully understood until today ,is the mycelium eating of it ,or are the asc. protecting the mycelium. No conclusive answers are given yet ,so like the coffeeproject this one could benefit from experiments of the mycocommunity
imo...:-)
In an Age of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell

Ferry (Spacecake)
Intermediate Member
Username: Spacecake

Post Number: 51
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 08:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice !

I'm growing these guys myself ,but just started,
so you see my Tek in a couple of months too!
These guys take a lot of time to grow !!!

Tehuti (Roo)
Username: Roo

Post Number: 699
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great info! Thanks! Beautiful pics!

"You have to go out of your mind to use your head"

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: