Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Contams. Cobweb or not this time Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
cobweb mold pixQuetzalcoatlQuetzalcoatl1 1 03-26-04  06:56 pm
peroxide on cobweb pixQuetzalcoatlQuetzalcoatl1 1 03-26-04  07:55 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Wirenut Themans (Wirenut)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 02:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, if this is not cobweb, then this guy is getting ready to do the wild thing. I birthed him or her 5 days ago and did a 12 hour dunk in a 1 to 100 clorox to water mix. Throw her away, or wait another day?????????? I got a few others that I need to put into the same box and don't want to ruin them. I can't find a picture of cobweb on a cake and this thing looks like too much "WHITE FUZZ" to me. Help PLEASEcobweb2

Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 02:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for the double post. I had a problem with the picture.

wirenut

any ideas????

Bill Reefland (Bill_Reefland)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 03:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That has to be a contam! It look just like the pictures of cobweb to me.

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 03:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cobweb, that ain't no White Fuzz

BTW, that is the first cobweb contammed cake I have seen, around here the Trich eats em before the cobweb can really can going.

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 03:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S. Archive that pic guys

Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 03:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you think guys? Throw her away? This is my first cake, but I got others soon to follow. PF, by the way.

Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 03:38 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And another thing while I'm at it. What the heck is the cause of cobweb anyway????????????

Panogeek (Pano)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 03:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have read that bleach dunking can cure cobweb. I would dunk the old man and segragate him in his own little container till you are sure it is a total loss.

good luck with that bearded wonder cake!

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 04:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cobweb Mold Fight Back : Covers ID and the H2O2 control tek (which always worked fine on casings for me, H2O2 is effective on emerging cobweb)

As far as bleach... OK you budding archivists... why is Bleach Tek so scattered and disorganized??? Too many threads spread in too many places (with no topic headers in many cases) and split into different folders...??? What's up with that?

It should archived as a single tek, the idea being to be able to link the user right into critical information when they open the link: Bleach Dipping... But then there is...Dipping in Bleach & Sanitizing Solutions

I have to open more than a dozen threads in two different folder locations to get the git-go on this tek addition... Many of those threads are basically unlabled

JRK (Godfetish)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 12:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is the nastiest cobweb mold infection I have ever seen and the first I have ever seen on a cake. Casing yes, cakes no...

/boggled

Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 01:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know why I was sooo unlucky. And on my first cake too. I was hoping to add something to the forum other than a nasty picture for the archive. Burried that sucker in a pile of horse manure on the farm this morning. Sprayed clorox all over the room that it was in. Hope I can figure out what went wrong.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my guess is that the verm. layer was too wet [from the dunk], and it can't get any air down under [i routinely move my cakes every couple days just so the bottoms get aired out] so cobweb had a great little environment to grow in.
i recommend removing most verm. before any dunk and replacing it with fresh afterwards.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 12:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more cobweb pics.
cobweb
cobweb3