Dunk Weight Gain Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Dunking. Dunk Weight Gain Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
HEY PF: water weight gained by dunk ?RedmonkSearcher32 2 01-07-03  05:59 pm
cake and dunk weightsTaoist Shredder (TaoTaoist Shredder (Tao1 1 03-05-04  01:59 pm
Dunk weight gain, with picture proof!PskovinskyHippie39 1 03-13-04  07:17 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Admin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 14436
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 02:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 04:30 pm:

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
Finally, some pins - the sluts have been knotting up all week, it's about time. I've got 1 mazzie, 5 reality benders (yeah, yeah, they don't exist, fuck off, they're pinning), and I must say that double-end casing is CRUCIAL, as is dunking. I birthed one cake 2 weeks ago, hadn't done shit. I took it out yesterday, it was sitting at 35 grams, so I dunked it, it blew up to 55! I've had past dunks hit 70 before; I've not seen a cake suck down more than 15 grams, though I'm sure anything's possible. But, for real, everyone that told me to DEC is a smart cookie, thanks a heap - had my camera not been lifted I'd send you some pin shots. It's like a clump of about 5-10 of them. Sexy...
Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Admin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 14930
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 02:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 170
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 01:59 pm:

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
I've kept track of the last few cakes I've birthed and the subsequent weights. I figured people might find them useful. Using 1/2 pint jars acquired from Triple Helix (rice/birdseed I think), Mazatapecs and Reality Benders (acquired from Cosmic) were innoculated two months ago. Twenty-four jars in all. Seven have been birthed, five are 100% colonized on the outside [as I wait for the insides to colonize], and eleven are sitting with very little growth...moving...very...slowly...

I found that a "wet cake," or a cake that has been dunked (in the fridge, using distilled water for twenty-four hours) will weigh approxomately 70-80 grams. If one births a cake too early, one will notice that it weighs about this same amount or even more - I figure substrate weighs more than mycellium, ergo mushrooms float. A normal cake will weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 grams, give or take 10 grams. The biggest factor here is the grow chamber humidity. I figure, as my last harvest was 15 grams, that my cake that was 70 grams before the mushrooms and is now 50 grams after the mushrooms, most of the moisture retained in the cake was used; at the same time, I wonder how much water is lost after a dunk (I'd say at least 5-10 cc), so humidity within the grow chamber is an important factor. Double-end casing the cakes is very crucial as well; I had one cake that was not DECed, sat for two weeks with no real growth, I removed it and weighed it to find it was at 40 grams. Dunked it, DECed it, pinned within two days - it looks great now. I've had cakes that pin, stall, get dunked, and then grow. Wierd shit...

Thank you, that is all.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: