Humidistat and Timers Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Where can I get Supplies? Humidistat and Timers Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

dat-jerk-from-triplehelix (Tyler_durden)
Username: Tyler_durden

Post Number: 271
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 10:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone seen a humidistat that would fit/accompany/work with a 10 gallon plastic storage container...like the ones you make grow chambers out of. I have seen these...
http://www.controlsupply.com/humidity.htm
These look to be really expensive and are for air conditioning units and the like. So, how could you regulate humidity in a chamber, affordably.

Timers - I am looking for a timer that runs at 15 minute or lower intervals. You can some from stores that are multi event but only have an onn/off time for one hour! Looking for 15 minutes or less. Anybody?

"You are not your website"

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 10:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Walmart sells digital timers that you can set to the minute. They are only $15. You should be able to regulate humidity very well with them.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Pskovinsky (Pskov)
Username: Pskov

Post Number: 610
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 10:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seem to remember someone having an issue with the Walmart ones, specificly if the power goes out they lost all the timer settings... someone else didn't have that problem. Check the box for a battery backup before buying one.
--Pskov(insky)
A multiclass lvl 1 psion, lvl 2 fighter, and lvl 6 auto mechanic.
Stats unknown.
(no, it's not my car, wish it was)

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 10:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Walmart sells a new model now that will not erase settings. The old model is no longer stocked.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 1865
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 11:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had one with a battery backup, but we had a two hour power outage, and that was enough to run the internal battery down. When power came back on, the light stayed off. grrrr.

I use this humidistat http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/controls 2.shtml#humidistat and I can say after a year of use, it's totally black inside and out from so many spore releases, but still maintains humidity perfectly. It goes to 85% which is perfect for casings/straw projects.
"I feel rowdy and I don't know why. . .Excuse me while I kiss the sky". . .jimi hendrix

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 11:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just noticed the description of the above humidistat says '80%', but the dial is calibrated to 85, and it actually goes a bit past this before it hits the stops. It's a good one.
"I feel rowdy and I don't know why. . .Excuse me while I kiss the sky". . .jimi hendrix

dat-jerk-from-triplehelix (Tyler_durden)
Username: Tyler_durden

Post Number: 272
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 05:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have never seen any of the timers mentioned in WAl-mart and I am there all the time. an someone provide a brand name or pic?

"You are not your website"