Long Live The Zong! Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Long Live The Zong! Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 10, 2004NegativeZer0Hippie325 1 03-10-04  01:55 pm
Archive through March 11, 2004NegativeZer0Hippie325 1 03-11-04  06:34 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Suckerfree (Suckerfree)
Username: Suckerfree

Post Number: 539
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

got this from my PSYCHE DELICACIES book by chris kilham. dunno if it's true or not.... just copying it here. it's about max'n potency of thc

"In 1970 the united states government cannabis program head, Dr. Norman Doorenbos of University of Mississippi, and his team made a potent discover. When cannabis is heated to 212 F for 90 minutes, the carboxyl radical is broken off tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, producing THC, and the pot becomes far more potent."
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand."
- Confucius

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 15466
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's some truth in it,
which is why eating raw pot has little effect.

Suckerfree (Suckerfree)

Post Number: 542
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

exactly. they are talking about baking cookies in the same chapter.
what i wanna know is, if ya bake some crap weed, can ya turn it into good weed? has it increased smoke wise as well, or just for consumption.

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand."
- Confucius

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15470
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 09:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

if ya bake some crap weed, can ya turn it into good weed?

no, not really.

Suckerfree (Suckerfree)

Post Number: 544
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bummer. be a lot cooler if you could...
- Confucius

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15514
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 07:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you can extract the thc from alot of crap weed,
concentrate it
and get a little good smoke.

p4rty_cl0wn (P4rty_cl0wn)
Username: P4rty_cl0wn

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 01:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a chillum, straight up.Upload

this is a fine example of a zongUpload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 16532
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 01:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thx for the pix.
i'm looking for larger, more traditional chillums...

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 336
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 03:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, I don't hear anyone call them chillums anymore - I picked up the term in New England - everywhere else I hear people call them "oneies" or "one-hitters," this I usually reserve that title for a smaller, bat-style straight-pipe than what I would call a chillum, which would have to be thicker.
As far as chillums being chillums, the word chillum originated (at least for me) with what was called "The Chillum Hit," which is damned near impossable to do with any bowl other than a chillum (because of the lack of carb/shotgun/clear hole). The idea is that one clasps one's hands together around the lips of the bowl near your pinkies, creating an inner air chamber between your palms, and interlocking your fingers, creating a makeshift "steamroller," if you will, sucking smoke out from between your thumbs.
Does that count as INFORMATION on how chillums are made & used traditionally, or is this common practice in other parts of the world, or what's the score?}
Hi-ya!

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 1448
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe a chillum is not like a one hitter, its rather a pipe which somehow cools down the smoke without water? Right?
Life can only be as good as you imagine.

Post Number: 340
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 05:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, as in it has to be double-blown, like, inside-out, to qualify?
Hi-ya!

Post Number: 341
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 05:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wish I spoke Spanish...
http://www.psicoattivo.it/varie/fumare/chiloomuso.htm

This is prettymuch what I was talking about with the "chillum hit"
Upload

And I'd say that's about as "classic" as one gets.
Upload

Then there are the kids who just overdo it...
http://www.christiania.org/~werner/bigjoint/chillum/ryge.html
Hi-ya!

dead diver (Dead_diver)
Username: Dead_diver

Post Number: 132
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 06:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes a wet cloth is wrapped around the base and mouthpiece of the chilluh to help cool the smoke and keep the chillum from getting too hot to handle. I have never seen anyone smoke straight off the chillum but always using cupped hands to make a mouthpiece with
Don't ask me. I don't care

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 1462
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 06:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahh okay I understand now. :-) I'll just stick to my nice glass bowl with a carb hehe.
Life can only be as good as you imagine.

sydlexic (Sydlexic)
Username: Sydlexic

Post Number: 104
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 09:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does any one here do 'toots'?
i recently meet someone who lives about 3-4 hours drive from essex, uk(where i live) who has never heard of toots, even though they have bongs.
just to explain what i mean by 'toot'
rather than using a gauze in the bowl, you unscrew the bowl and make a flat disc out of tobbaco (the 'plug')the same width as the 'down tube'. then place the plug over the opening of the down tube and put your smoke on top of it.
to smoke it you do as if its a bong, but rather than releasing the 'hit hole'/removing the bowl, you suck really hard, pulling the plug down the tube into the water at the bottom (you must use water with this method or you inhale burning hash/tobbaco). when the plug hits the bottom THEN you release the 'hit hole'
i personally dont like this method with weed, the tobbaco spoils it, but when smoking resin its ok, id still rather do a bong tho.
any way sorry that was a bit long winded, just wondered if any 1 else does this or of its an 'essex thing'
if any1 else does this what do you call it?

you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. Bart Simpson