Pics of My Single Cake Terrarium Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. Pics of My Single Cake Terrarium Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

noshadows (Noshadows)
Advanced Member
Username: Noshadows

Post Number: 84
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 05:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is an inexpensive way to isolate a single cake for any number of reasons. You can get them at bed bath and beyond for about $3.00-4.00; it is a lettuce container I think. When I take the top off of it, I just mist a little inside the lid. It has worked great for me in the past. All I do is remove the top once a day to allow for fresh air.

Upload

Upload

Upload

peace

violets shift in the radiant night,
they dance as they shift from purple to light.

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Username: Sweetness

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 06:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice. And any water droplets that accumulate on the lid just drip down the sides. Once it pins I would fan as much as possible tho.
*And without a thought of the consequence
I gave in to my decadence* Pink Floyd

Pskovinsky (Pskov)
Username: Pskov

Post Number: 763
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 06:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whoa thats cool!

--Pskov(insky)
"There are two types of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those that dig, you dig"

(no, it's not my car, wish it was)

NegativeZer0 (Negativezer0)
Username: Negativezer0

Post Number: 231
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great idea; although the base looks a little small; make sure you dont tip it over or youll have an early harvest session ;)

Marvin Martian (Marvinm92)
Username: Marvinm92

Post Number: 425
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool... Looks like a mini hydra pod...
HAPPY EASTER! :-)

noshadows (Noshadows)
Advanced Member
Username: Noshadows

Post Number: 85
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 04:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i agree the pics make it look a little unstable. yet, surprisingly, it would be very difficult to topple it over.

it's kinda like a mushroom hospital.

violets shift in the radiant night,
they dance as they shift from purple to light.

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 193
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 05:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ever since I started growing, going to random stores I never gave a shit about before (e.g. BB&B, PetSmart, Home Depot) have led to amazing discoveries.

Very clever. With those grooves, you could probably even put some perlite in there, but that thing looks sealed, you probably don't need it. Good work.

In Tyler we trust.

Soliver (Soliver)
Username: Soliver

Post Number: 694
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great idea! I'm going to go to BBB and grab some
of those for cake isolations & single-strain cake grows!

thx,

:-)

sol

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Username: Imok

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 12:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quart jar would work as good, ala Chronic
Hope this helps :-)

cedargrove (Cedargrove)
Advanced Member
Username: Cedargrove

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like a problem i had, hope everything works out for ya. Keep a close eye for contam
esp. around the top of the cake.
cedargrove