Security Tips & Programs / Legal Info... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. » Security Tips & Programs / Legal Information « Previous Next »

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

NegativeZer0 (Negativezer0)
Username: Negativezer0

Post Number: 230
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. Mobile phones and cordless house phones in ARE NOT secure they can be monitored with modified ham radios easily. (i have done it myself) DSS (digital spread spectrum) phones are a little more secure since they operate digitally instead of regular radio waves like many phones. (even cord phones can be monitored by all the FBI’s programs)

2. Pay with cash or money orders ONLY. i told my friend's friend to keep a list of his receipts as well.

3. Ebay is not secure; with a simple fax or phone call all your information can be given to authorities.

4. Talk with people in person if and only if you need to. make it just who you absolutely trust (with your life) or better yet; just with the people who need to know; usually just you and them.

5. Protect your internet security by using an ANONYMOUS proxy (do not use transparent proxies); preferably one outside of the us or us friendly/controlled countries (like iraq or afghanistan) unlike france, north korea, or china ;) I also recommend norton internet security as well; it shows you what programs are accessing the internet. (norton utilities has "wipe info" which also wipes files and will do the DoD standard.)

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/

6. Protect your files; BestCrypt is a useful utility for making a virtual drive; you create a partition; select the size of the partition; selection the encryption strength and password.

say you are taking pictures and you need to add them to your virtual drive:

A. mount drive
B. COPY/add files (or add them directly to your mounted drive)
C. dismount drive
D. wipe files from your source directory using BCWipe (same company as BestCrypt)

7. Erase ALL your sensitive files by wiping/shredding them (deleting them will NOT work); using BCWipe. I like BCWipe because it
clears the windows swap file as well. Id either use the 7 Pass DoD standard or the peter gutmann wipe with 35 passes.

this program would also be helpful for making a secure cd (so would safeIT security office) just make sure you also include the program so you can get to your data!

(BCWipe / BestCrypt can be found at http://www.jetico.com/)

(see the bottom of my post for cracking programs)

8. If the shit hits the fan, or you are nervous, another useful file wiping tool would be a wiping boot disk; you can just pop it in and boot up your computer and then wipe all your hard disks. Darik’s boot and nuke seems like it works well and ive tested it out before reinstalling my windows OS; (I like windows 2003 standard)

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

9. If you need to talk securely; The Aol Instant Messenger network has a protocol called SecureIM; I use Trillian Pro which has SecureIM built in. "SecureIM uses 2048 bit RSA key enchange and 256 bit BlowFish encryption" more information at:
http://www.vonnieda.org/SecureIM/

10. For encrypting files to send over email or to keep on disk; i like SafeIT Security Office; it can encrypt files to send to others; shread/wipe files (BCWipe is better) and also you can send secure emails with any POP3 email with this program (i dont have POP3 so i use ziplip) it also can make encrypted files self extracting; so that you dont need to install SafeIT Security Office to view your data (although if you extract the files to a hard drive the file you have wont include SafeIT Security Office and it cant wipe the files once your done with them) so make sure there is a file wiping program on the machine your using.SafeIT Security Office can be found at http://www.safeit.com

11. Most people get busted with drugs because they dont know their rights; cops are TAUGHT to manipulate you and read you like a book; they will closely pay attention to your breathing and even eye movements; if i was ever encountered; i would probably try to meditate with my eyes open for a little bit and remain calm and think of the things ive been taught... here is a good site: http://archive.aclu.org/issues/criminal/bustcardte xt.html

(i would save this as an HTML document and print it out or get their PDF document; you never know when these sites will change their URL's to their pages)

i also recommend looking through

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/4273.ht ml?1008494250 at EVERYTHING

12. Only have trust in your own computer; key loggers can be installed on a public machine or any machine your not in control of.and can intercept usernames; passwords and conversations; plus the sites you type in. and many of these programs are designed to not show in the system tray; their process name might also be something inconspicuous. So when on a public machine, USE CAUTION!

13. I am not familiar with erasing your internet history; i know how to clear it but there are plenty of other temporary folders that windows creates for downloads; remember; your internet history isnt really going to get you busted; its not conclusive evidence; just suspicious. pictures of your grow operation next to identifiable items will. So what i recommend doing is keeping all your sensitive stuff in one PROTECTED location; one file; that is why i like bestcrypt. and secure aim for communication. (both have stronger encryption than PGP i belive)

14. Tell NO ONE you grow or use any kind of illegal substance; the only people you can trust are the people that can trust are probably people very close to you like your spouse or your grow partner (if you have one) and they could still be untrustworthy.

15. Hips advice is right on (i saved it to a text file it was so good):

never let anyone see fresh mushrooms,
only dry. it doesn't take a genius to know that anyone with freshies can't be far from the actual grower/s.

never share drugs with anyone who doesn't have drugs to share.

never do business with anyone you haven't known at least a year.

never do business in front of witnesses. there should only be 2 present, you & him.

never let people come to your home for drugs, deliver them.

always wait until the very last minute to let your associate know where to meet you. pick the site with security in mind, a place
where you can see if anyone is watching. i like parking lots. i tell a guy to call me from a certain pay phone, i park nearby
and watch him call, i tell him to come to my car i make him get in, we go for a ride and we never talk about the transaction, we
talk sports, etc. get rid of the cash ASAP as soon as you leave in case it's marked/numbered.

always lock away the dope, in the car it should be in the trunk. never carry multiple bags.

16. Try to have a password on your windows OS; although this wont protect you from having your drive ripped out and read in another computer or with a boot disk; it will discourage use of your computer and its files that show what you have been looking at on the internet; an external drive in a lock box would also be an excellent choice.

I like to first make a search on http://www.astalavista.com (or any other search engine) for the program and the version number (very important) (have it scaned for viruses if your unsure) and then download the program; youll have to filter out a lot of pop-ups but they take you to the right place..remember to say "no" to all those security certificates...one places says you have to say yes and you hit it about 5 times and it gives up ;) get the crack and the serial; follow the directions and crack the software (it will take some practice)

for good software i often use emule (http://www.emule-project.net/) for downloading (better than kazaa / fasttrack) for most applications; then, i go to http://www.sharereactor.com and get the links (hash numbers) to the files there for the emule program. but this site releases individual versions and it is always becoming outdated so look for new programs; often, youll have to go the manual route above.

[ please do not ask me how to crack software!, it is too hard; i have enough trouble helping people over the phone; let alone over text on a discussion board; although if your confused about something i have said i might be able to clear it up... ]

The programs I use and suggest are the ones I have because I like them; you may like other ones; but most often freeware programs will have a limitation on them (like only shredding files 200kb or under) im sure there are better programs; but I could crack these ones; if you find ones you think are better and you can crack them or pay for them go for it!

17. Feds can go through your trash without a search warrant; so flush everything you can flush; and the rest goes into someone else's trash (and dont be seen doing it); make sure you also dont have other items that will lead to your identification; like adressed envelopes, receipts, letters or handwritten notes.

18. If your runnning a stealth operation (or any operation for that matter)
turn on your equipment (fans, flow hoods, pressure cookers, refrigerators, and heaters etc.) and then walk outside of your grow room and take a mental note of how loud things are (noise can be an issue for most operations)

that’s it for now; but im sure other people will post with other tips to help keep us all safe; regardless of what unjust laws we might break.

(Message edited by NegativeZer0 on March 08, 2004)

Dorian Gray (Megalomando)
Username: Megalomando

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 05:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

A lot of good information you listed.

Under #5 you suggested going to

quote:

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/

to keep your IP anonymous.

I used to use JAP http://tinyurl.com/33b6r which was free & anonymous until last summer when they were forced to leave a backdoor open by German courts. Which sites that are being revealed is not commonly known and they aren't telling.
http://www.zone-h.org/en/news/read/id=3266/

Or read

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/6779

I'd looked at the link you suggested above at publicproxyservers.com but it's one of "Anonymizer's" many sales sites to sell their version of JAP. Here's another website where they have the same pitch to sell Anonymizer. http://www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl
They scare you, give you some data but don't tell you how to use it & then offer Anonymizer as the only solution. (Kind of like the way Evidence Eliminator scares people into thinking the sky is falling & then offer themselves as the only solution: http://tinyurl.com/2zm7y)

Thing is with Anonymizer, they have accepted federal dollars to have Anonymizer allow Iranians to have an anonymous access to much of the internet.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/32567.html

My concern is if Anonymizer is working with the US government then how much does the US government have access to Anonymizer's data?

I've tried to research having an anonymous IP and haven't come up with anything that isn't geared towards remailers & I'm not interested in making spam.

Have you got any more suggestions on cloaking our IP's when surfing & going to a particular web site to discuss in their forums?

Tnx

Post Number: 241
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 01:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

19. Order your supplies to a friend's house or a friend's friend's house; this will have the paper trail (if there is one) end a lot sooner. Keep in mind that spore prints are safer and less noticable in the mail than syringes in an x-ray. (i think if spores are ever illegal they will be transfered over prints only)

Post Number: 242
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 01:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All those sites suggest the anoymizer thing. I just use the listed proxies on that site. You can configure your broswer to use those, and to the best of my knowledge they are good. What is funny, is when your using one (say from japan) and you visit google it comes up with google japan, that always gives me a good laugh (and its a good sign). Im sure any place can spoof their location / IP. "tracert" can be used to see the locations and hubs your packets are going; you can access this by going to ms DOS. ie: "tracert 205.162.34.26" but for some reason i couldnt see it going through my proxy to access a particular site; proxy's use ports to connect to and maybe dos accessses the internet directly??? i need to bone up my secuirty skills a lot more; i havent taken networking classes in a while

(Message edited by NegativeZer0 on March 09, 2004)

Natura (Natura)
Username: Natura

Post Number: 334
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 08:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very interesting. I like these mind games.

BTW, You have anything to hide in public ?
N+

Post Number: 249
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have nothing to hide; just giving some information learned and some common sense mixed in with a little bit of abstract thinking...

(Message edited by NegativeZer0 on March 09, 2004)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 15197
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15198
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did anyone mention paper shredders for all discarded mail ?

Post Number: 261
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 08:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

20. Paper shreaders are ok; but id prefer burning all documents / notes having to do with your "projects"; not to mention a lot of people dont have the cross cut kind; all they have is kind that makes strips...not to mention the stip kind gets more secure the more paper you shread; most people dont shread a lot of documents in each trash dump each week; so its easy to pick out all the shreads and put them together...if you burn them you dont have much to worry about in that area.

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 08:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

21. When sending drugs in the mail / transporting them; look for a common disguise; and keep in mind that some packages are x-rayed; so a while a hollowed out candle might help you in your car, it will not help you when boarding a plane. Often I have also heard to take a jar of peanut butter and carve out the center; put in the contraband / valuables and then smear the top back on (id also carry some bread & jam ) this would also be useful say if your traveling to a country where when you get pulled over your expected to give up watches and other jewelry.

Post Number: 265
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 09:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tips for buying supplies more securely:

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/31659.h tml?1061944301

ive said it 10000 times... read the archives!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15225
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 01:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

on the issue of getting drugs/contraband by mail-
it's good to wait 24 hours
before opening the package
just in case
the cops are coming to visit.
sometimes the piggies will allow
a 'controlled delivery' of the goods
in an attempt to bust you
with the goodies.
by waiting a day,
you can tell the piggies
if they come
that it wasn't your pkg
so you never opened it
so they can't bust you for it.
if they don't come within 24 hours,
they aren't coming
and you can enjoy your pkg. in peace.

(Message edited by admin on March 11, 2004)

Post Number: 297
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 09:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

also get it sent to your house with a different name (if you rent or just bought a house; use the name of the last person who lived there before you... or just use a ficticious name) (you probably have some mail in your mailbox that is adressed to them soon after you moved/move in)

usps seems the way to go...

(Message edited by NegativeZer0 on March 11, 2004)
<< NegativeZer0 >>

The AOC (Angryorangecat)
Username: Angryorangecat

Post Number: 123
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thx a ton negative zero. You're awesome.
My name is peace, this is my hour,
Can I get just a little bit of power?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: