Oven bags... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters Oven bags... Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
I <3 homemade Mycobags...Marvin MartianHippie39 1 05-11-04  08:22 am
CastleTopia!Marvin Martian Taoist Shredder 34 1 05-21-04  03:12 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Marvin Martian (Marvinm92)
Username: Marvinm92

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 04:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just went out and bought some oven bags, 1 in PVC pipe, polyfill and a few bags of popcorn...

These oven bags look kinda flimsy though, not very thick either... Are they really going to hold up? Going to try anyway but I am open to suggestions for better results...

Upload

Should I double bag it?
HAPPY EASTER! :-)

Jesse James (Spacecowboy)
Username: Spacecowboy

Post Number: 585
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 06:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Used the same kind of oven bags to PC 50/50 casing soil mix with oyster shell without any problems.

However, the oven bags are much more expensive than the polyp. bags, or filter patch bags.
If it's not broken, then the government will try to fix it until it is.

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 06:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont think that they will hold up well as spawn bags. Would be best to get the real thing.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 15141
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some work, some don't.
test them first
by filling with water
if it leaks
toss it aside.

Post Number: 431
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$2.50 for that pack of bags and it only comes with 5... Obviously spawn bags are the better option but I am very paranoid and prefer to do my shopping locally at wallmart than online...

Notice anything missing from the first picture in the thread? Yup, the polyfill... After hydrating a whole 64oz pack of popcorn I realized this...

I was going to make 3 smaller bags but instead dumped it all in one and used a bunch of medical tape instead of poly... Tomorrow will get poly and do a few small bags from another pack of corn...

Upload

The oven bags held up well, an hour and 45min in the PC... No water got in... This will be a biotch to colonize with honey water I am sure...

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15152
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Post Number: 436
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 09:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 cups of PF substrate... If I were a betting man I would bet this isn't a great idea... Same for the 10 cups (Guesstimate) of popcorn bag... Mainly cause I have to innoc with honey water... Who knows, I have dumb luck...

Upload

My pocpron quarts are going well... If I waited a week or 2 I could have done G2G...

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 15283
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 10:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eatyu sez the best way to do bags like that is with a crumbled cake or colonized grains to get that extra needed speed to beat out the competition.
but your liquid myc might help that too.

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 11:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cakes! AHA! I forgot I had them and 100% colonized too... I wonder if I could use cakes for pocorn bag spawn too? I'm thinking try liquid innoc with them...

Upload

Note to self: Max fruiting formula cakes are hard as rocks... This bag will be a deadly weapon if it colonizes...

EDIT: Before I forget... I STRONGLY suggest when you PC your bags with a towel around them to use a WET towel... They soak up a ton of water and almost caused me trouble today...

(Message edited by marvinm92 on March 10, 2004)