A Bufo Toad Tease from Mj (Pic.) Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » Botanicals » Toads are friends too » A Bufo Toad Tease from Mj (Pic.) « Previous Next »

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Has anyone ever tripped on toads?steveoi812who whomever37 2 08-22-02  07:19 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 02:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a glimpse of one of the 4 Bufo alvarius Sonoran Desert Toad Pictures.

bufotoadimage3

and a map of their habitats

bufotoadmap10

Much later I willpost some of the images for milking the glands without doing harm to the toad.

mj

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 02:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool, this will be archive material then, mj.

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 03:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I previously mentioned I was flamed royal by more than 100 people at several sites by the RPT (Royal Protectors of Toads). Here is are the posts after the thread was close at Spiritplants.

XXXXXXXXXXX

may 20, 2002
Theo: I would advise being a lot more precise in measurements than "a match head size of powder". What brand of match do you mean, mj? What size of powder grain in microns?
The dose/response curve on 5MeODMT is very steep, so it is advisable to start with a low dose. People's individual tolerance varies hugely, too. Though small doses are reported to be very pleasant, large doses are apparently terrifying and the blood pressure changes are probably life-threatening in people who might be prone to strokes.

Use very accurate scales and start at about 20 milligrammes of the venom if you are impatient. The venom has been recorded at 15% by dry weight of 5MeODMT. I would advise being very careful. Read up on this stuff before you try it.

I also don't like the publishing of location maps for endangered species.

As a vegan I find the promotion of the harassment of wild species of animals totally disgusting. Squeezing the venom glands can rupture the gland. Not good for the future happiness of the toad. Handling the animal at all can cause damage to the animal's skin, which may fester and kill the animal. The toad produces its venom for a reason, to discourage predators. Take away the venom and it is more likely to be eaten.

But then what would one expect from someone who thinks that stroking a drug-straitjacketed tiger is a positive experience?

There are plenty of plant sources (and synthetic ones) of 5MeODMT.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

okay here is another mapbufotoadmap10abc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 03:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
you just can't please everyone,
so you got to please yourself.
there will be no flaming allowed here.
i thought this line-

Quote:

Take away the venom and it is more likely to be eaten.

was pretty funny, as if a predator could tell that a toad had recently been milked and was therefore safe to eat.

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 03:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Page one of the missing images from Spiritplants.
I believe this whole thread deserves to be archived here and so I will post all five pages. (I hope that noone willbe offended rearding this mater my posting this material for all to read. IT is good reading
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Spirit Plants Page one:

Xenopill: Say, what happened to all those pictures? I hope they were not forcibly removed! It would really suck if some kind of juvenille censorship was going on behind my back! Didn't John Stuart Mill proove that censorship benifits no-one? And it doesn't take a famous philosopher to figure out that some pictures of a toad doesn't hurt anyone!!

No offense though, and if this is a misunderstanding on my part, thats cool, its just that, I've heard rumors...
Xenonpill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kempton caffiene junkie: Mar. 06 2001,17:05: It's no misunderstanding. The pics are still there but I renamed them so they son't show up anymore.
Call it "some kind of juvenille censorship" if you wish but I don't want to be a part of 'toad harrassment'.
I got some complaints from members asking for them to be removed and I didn't like them being here in the first place.
I hate censorship myself but I'm just trying to keep some manner of peace with all these difficult topics and sometimes heated discussions.
As administrator, I do my best to keep everyone happy and safe here. Maybe I'm not cut out to be an admin anymore....
-juvenille(Kemp)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xenonpill, The Baddest Cat Around: Hey now, don't take it personally, I was not calling YOU juvenile, I was calling censorship juvenille. I don't support any sort of toad harassment myself, its just that mjshroomer was voicing some concern about this elswhere, it seems he felt wronged somehow, and I guess he was even hinting that he might leave, and remove all of his pictures from this board... pictures that I (and many others) enjoy quite a bit.
One of the reasons that Mill argued for the obsolecence of censorship was that if an idea is really all that bad, then it should be suceptible to a suitable attack in public discourse that would render it ineffective, permanently, rather than driving it underground, out of view of public scrutiny, where it could gain a following without being shot down by the common collection of minds. So in simply getting rid of the pictures, rather than giving a sound argument as to why I, and any other observers, casual or otherwise, should not be allowed to see them, you are in fact making it look like you don't have the ability to rationally argue for their nonutility, and are substituting power for brains. It sounds like there was some private discussion that led to the removal, and if that convinced you, why not provide the rest of us with some reasoning, as the first thing I thought when looking over that post was "unresolved."
I really do appreciate that you are making your best effort to please as many people as possible, that is a sure sign that your ARE still fit to be a good moderator, but inquiring minds want to hear some real justification for this concealment of information.
BTW, I am not feeling hostile or angry, just curious!
ABTW, of course, this is a subject specific board and all, but I really think that the toad issue deserves public discussion, since it is obviously controversy.

mjshroomer: Yes Kempton, censorship Sucks and that is what you did to me in my own post.

Wel, be it as it may, this is the last post I am contributing here to this board.

And the note below I also published at drool donkey and here I add a few more paragraphs:

Well I see that today there are many paranoid teenagers who enjoy huffing aerosol cans, airplane glue and taking DXM and robitussin cough syrups, not getting proper education’s and looking for free drugs all the time because they do not work and have no money to buy them with.

Kids ripping off cars for tape players, CD players and cassettes and CDs so they can buy a twenty-thiry dollar gram of bud.

That’s bullshit and then someone has a concern that a toad is being hurt.

Sometimes other peoples hypocrisy sucks.

Like ripping a mushroom from the mycelium doesn't hurt, well I believe it does, and if you eat meat then how about the cattle getting hot poked with a branding iron. Doesn't that hurt or killing the cow before you eat it, or pulling a rose off the stalk. Flowers hurt too and people pick them everyday, not thinking that they too are conscious beings.

How about the pain to a head of lettace when you rip it freom its roots int he ground. You think that doesn't hurt, Ouch or a tomato from the vine.

How about killing a worm to catch a fish, cutting the fishes head off to eat it. Of course there are billions of fish, but can they complain. Dropping a fresh live lobster or Crab into a pot of boiling water

I have met many responsible people who have raised Bufo alvarius for years and they do not harm or mistreat or let their toads die.
Although Thanatos says they arre hard to keep alive in the wild.

I knew one family in Hawaii who raised both Bufo toads (Bufo marinus, cane toad) and Jackson chameleons for over 8 years and not a single toad of his died, byut there are miullions of dead ones along the roads on all of the Hawaiian Islands from traffic running them over. Their dead skins are common as flies inthe islands.

Yet people come out and complain that it is cruel to have a toad for a pet. Well how about snakes and frogs and such. Every major pet shop sells them. Why do you not go forth to those pet shops and express your doubts about their animal captives.

Well having a pet in the city is cruel and if someone’s pet gets run over then that person should not be allowed to have a pet because that is owing a living being and that is a power trip and if you pet dies be3caue it ran outside then you are not fit to have and keep a pet. Sit you tell the dog but you do not tell another human to sit.

And the America Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (APSCA) puts hundreds of thousand animals to sleep, cuts the balls of the male cats and dogs and fixes female cats and dogs against their wishes, of course they cannot complain because they are dumb cats and dogs. Correct me if I am wrong but I think that is one of the things Hitler did to Jews before and during the 2nd World War. The animal cannot complain.

Most grandparents keep birds in cages and little children love looking at birds in cages. Pet stores sell all kinds of animals in cages including selling Bufo toads to thousands of young adults every year who think they are getting the right toad to get high off of.

What if Sasha was not allowed to publish Tihkal because someone somewhere might manufacture a compound he created.

The dissemination of free information is important to the community and to the world.

And even Abraham Lincoln said that prohibition is one of the worst forms of censorship in the world.

When I first smoked pot in the early 1960s I would have gotten ten to twenty years for a joint. Now days all of you are here because people like me in the sixties made all of this possible for the rest of the world to learn about these things which the Government sought to surpress.. From the Beatnik/bohemian experience to the hippie too the birth of the new man, rainbow gatherings, Monterey Pop and Woodstock to Altamont, the Chicago Demcratic Demonstrations and the Conspiracy Seven to the Burning man.

If it were not for any of that, none of us might be communicating about these happenings and events to anyone.

And a small toad shall change the world.

We were the ones who came out in the open and risked everything. We were the ones who had love-ins, smoke-ins, be-ins. And we did these things in the open. That’s how the world learned about the drugs about Pot and Acid and then Peyote and Mushrooms. Communication, word-of-mouth, friends sharing a joint with friends and If we did not experience it we might have never told others of the neat things we discovered, not only about ourselves but about how we relate and act with each other in partial harmony. I say partial harmony because everyone does not agree with everything and there is always someone who wants everything there way and no way else. Well that is the world and people getting pissed at me for sharing some information is their problem, not mine.

I do not think that I have been involved with pot and other drugs since the early 1960s for naught and I will tell all that there will be no legal drugs in the USA for at least another hundred years, regardless of decriminalization, the Government is serious about locking all of us up. Most are lucky and not affected by those laws or jail terms, but many do go to jail, most probably deserve it except the many pot heads who should never have gone to jail for pot or shrooms or acid. But the law enforcement is the rule of law and that is the law of the land.

During the past two years I have watch these threads and I am astounded at a lot of drugs young adults put into their bodies.

At least in the sixties everyone knew speed, uppers and heroin, codeine, opiates , downers, barbiturates and such were very bad drugs and what drugs did we do. We did acid, pot, hash, peyote, MDA (the love drug, in case anyone wonders what that is). Pretty natural substances in the body (except the MDA was man made) although they used a lot of energy and yes a few people freaked out and jumped out of windows but there was never an addiction problem. And we didn't ripped people off for pot or cid. People were very honest.

How I hear kids say things like, well my mom does prosac and now I am on prosac, can I do shrooms and X together while I am on prosac.

Well I went off on a rant and I think it is time to end this post.

I still see no harm in people who have these toads and I have known them for years and they do not abuse them. OF course they do have pet macaws which I believe belong in the South American Jungles, but then what is wrong with nice family people who keep birds in cages or plants in their house when a plant should be outdoors, outdoors as free as anyone who can go outside and the bird with the clipped wings can never fly again as a prisoner of a cage.
I mean how many of you grow marijuana and then kill the plant to smoke the herb. Plants have feelings too and they hurt when they are cut from their stalks.

Mjshroomer

laughingwillow: mj and xen make some excellent points in their arguments against censorship.

On the other hand, mj's posting of the last group of photos appeared to have been done out of spite toward theo and his "opinions" on the subject.
It seems the decision to yank the photos was made unilaterally, with no discussion of merit. From here, its kind of difficult to ascertain where and how the personal vendetta merges with the professional concern for the toadies.

I think more discussion is in order, starting with a definitive answer as to the status of the toads in question.

lw

jfurry: a little spacier than tha average guy. I stand up for mjs freedom of speach! Thats all the ranting you'll get from me

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Raver: Freedom of speech is an absolute necessity.
But doesn't the person with this right have the need to exercise some ethics when it comes to what they say?

laughingwillow: quote: But doesn't the person with this right have the need to exercise some ethics when it comes to what they say? Unquote.

Not necessarily, Raven. What I mean is, you can't force anyone to adhere to ethical conduct. Who's to decide what is or is not "ethical"?....the Central Scrutinizer?

What you can do is voice your opinion on the disputed topic. Shine a little light on the subject. If your arguements are sound, reasonable people are going to gravitate toward your way of thinking.

L Williamsii (sp?) is fast becoming an endangered species. Does that mean we should halt all discussions on the topic? I know my views on peyote have changed since learning more about the current conditions. This may not have occured if the topic were forbidden.

One thing you'll never change: Inquiring minds want to blow....

lw

Xenonpill: In this case, it is not even clear that anyone was suggesting anything unethical. mjshroomer claims that it is possible to have such a relationship with the toad in a way that does not hurt the toad! Others disagree, but at the moment, I am not convinced either way, and unless censorship is abandoned, I will not have a basis for which to exercise my own moral judgment on the ethicalness of this issue.
Xeno

Xenonpill: After a little bit of thinking, I am coming to understand how removing those pictures may have been helpfull for general amphibian welfare. I am really just alarmed at the lack of outward manifestations of justification (not for discouraging toad abuse, but for censorship) And I also get this feeling that even "dangerous" and "harmfull" information needs to be seen to be understood, and have it's weakness' exposed more effectivly to render it harmless, if it comes up again it will be easier to dismiss. Sorry if I am repeating myself, but I feel my last post may not have emphasised my sympathy for persons offended by the censored info, yet I don't want you to think that I am supporting the deletion.
Xenopill

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Page two:

Kempton: First of all, I never said anything about keeping a toad as a pet being unethical. My problem is with MJ posting maps and pictures for people to go and collect them in the wild, which I didn't think the members here would want SPF to support. The toads may not be on the endangered list for many reasons but I do believe that their habitat has be dwindled to almost nothing. This can't be good for a species that wishes to survive.
Maybe it is some sort of censorship but I could have removed the whole thread but I didn't. In fact I encourage this kind of discussion.

MJ- If you feel the need to post those maps, why don't you do it at your OWN website? Or another site that might appreciate it. Is it really censorship when you are free to post the same info/pics elsewhere? Nobody has taken away your freedoms and nobody is asking you to leave Spiritplants.

One other thing. Why, MJ, did you feel that you had to repost the maps and pictures when you had just done so a few months ago? And why must you brag about how many people you have "turned on to" 5meo?

I'm just trying to keep everyone happy. I suppose I'm not doing a very good job...

laughingwillow: Kemp, If you assume spf members wouldn't condone bothering the little toadies, why would it follow that posting of said toadies habitat on spf would lead to collection or even molestation?
I think mj posted the comments about 5-meo in defence against theo's comments. (No offense meant, theo. I appreciate hearing both sides.)

lw

mjshroomer: Yes Kempton, I had an attack on theo problem.
I wanted to mention the posting of anything which seems to irritate someone.

Sasha Shulgin is a very good friend of mine and has been for over twenty-five years.

If you have read his book Tihkal, Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved, then you can see what happened to him after he published Pihkal.

The Dea swooped down on his farm in lafayette, california and raided his house, under a supervised warrant and removed many drugs and compounds and relieved him of his DEA permit. This was all because he published a book on how to manufacture over a couple of hundred analogues and homologues of the mescaline molecule, a phenylethlyamine.

They spent hours ransacking his hoime for sharing some information witht he world.

All I have done here and at other sites is post information anvailable to anyone who sees it as such.

I also see a lot of posts of drugs I do not agree with but I do not go there and respnd to many of them and I always do not respond to every post or thread in any forum. And sometimes I post something and never return to that thread again.

But as for publishing a few pictures of toads and having them removed was not something I would have done to someone posting information which I myself, the pictures for instance came from the web and I had to wait three weeks for the person who took the photos to answer my email so that I could post them. With his permission but without his name. He too is paranoid.

Abraham Lincoln once said that prohibition is the most dangerous form of censorship in the world. And to prohinbit me from showing those photos is censoring me from this.

And as for posting here. I post at five or six websites and sometimes I post the same information at all of them and then other times I give certain tings as exclusive to the site, such as the Wasson chapter from my book Mushroom Pioneers, due out hopefully this year.

Anyway, I still cannot believe that we have a cane toad movement going on. I mean I protest alot in the sixties and seventies and while some good came from some of the protests I attended, overall some good was accomplished and some will never be.

And for the comment about killing a worm to catch a fish is a cruel act, my son told me that when I took him fishing. ANd I, by the way am allergic to seafood, something that is suppose to be healthy.

But I have seen the tumored fish from the great lakes and they are now common in the Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and other tributaries of the Misouri-Mississippi rivers and from the Gereat Lakes. I saw documetaries of the damge fromt he Industrielle side of Chicago and Gary Indiana.

In the late 1980s, I saw similar films of the same fishes fromt he pugot sound region of the Pacific Northwest. and five years ago the navy in Hawaii admitted to leaking some nuclear fuel into Pearl Harrbor.

ANyway, What i am gettting at is that i am allergic to seafood. It can kill me and it brought to mind that I remember when the French dropped some nuclear bombs in the Pacific and then told the world that it didn't hurt anyone. Of course the French did not drop the bombs in France. But I was thinking, like Coumbus who knew the secret of the wind, in the morning the water flows west and in the evening it flows east so the radiated fishes swim out of the area into new areas and spread their radiated sickness.

Anyway, I'll post as always.

mj

Kempton: and, I will not.
bye!

theo: killing people is no worse than cutting a lawn, mj?
You are such a glowing advert for 5MeO.

Guest: This topic has been re-opened to further discussion. Tread carefully...

Glider aka Walter Mitty: That's an interesting philosophical point, Theo.
Mowing a lawn involves injuring many, many lives. However killing a human involves faal injury to a single life.

Is it better to injure many lives which will recover and grow stronger, or is it better to totally destroy a single life?

I'm going to hazard that injuring many blades of grass is preferable to slaying a human.

Anyone have another view?

Of course one should check their local laws before attempting any sort of experiment along these lines.

-G-

laughingwillow: Glider: I don't think the grass cutting analogy is best for this situation, although applicable.
The point is, hypocrisy sucks.

As mj pointed out, life must consume life to survive. (Except for breatharians of course.) Those veggies you consume were once living, sentient beings. Ditto on the fungus among us. I saw this during one of my first psychedelic experiences.

Anyone claiming to go through life without harming another sentient being is delusional.

Please excuse me. I have to go to the bathroom. Don't worry, I'll say a prayer for the million or so micro-organisms I kill on the way. hehehe!

lw

Glider: In my efforts to assimilate a smuch evil as possible into my being, I believe I am going to switch to consuming only the flesh of breatharians.
In a pinch I suppose I could get by on the odd vegan or two. Maybe with a side of lawn clippings. (Grass is such a dangerous word to say.)

***Disclaimer: <insert disclaimer here>

Thanks for flying,
Glider

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xenonpill: hey, lets face it, some organisms have a "nervous system" which transmitts information from one part of the organism to another. These types of organism, can experience pain, fear, etc. Others might not... but it's not necessarily so. Some researchers suggest that plants (for example) may have rather sophisticated intercellular signaling systems, which could possibly communicate some equivilant of pain.
Breathareans must kill a grab-bag of microorganisms in order to survive, any living thing must kill such microorganisms, lest it be taken over and destroyed.

I personall don't think that the fact that I must eat plants, or kill bacteria gives me any particular excuse to torture animals, but lets clear this up:
Can the toads secretions be harvested without hurting the toad?

Can the toad be kept as a pet without harming the toad?

It seems like harvesting the toad from the wild cannot be done without harming the ecosystem, are there any other ways to get the toad?

Is there any way I can get my heavenly utopia off the ground? All these problems just keep popping up!

Xenonpill

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Page 3:

laughingwillow: I have yet to hear anyone on this forum advocate the torture of animals. And I have yet to hear anyone offer evidence that collecting secretions in the wild is actually detrimental to said toadies.
I'm not even sure that mowing the lawn is bad for the grass, although I have seen grass for the living, sentient organism it is.

Glider: I doubt one could thrive off the flesh of breatharians for long, but the effort could garner big time brownie points with the prince of darkness. Hell, Bill Gates might not be the the only you'd impress.....His daddy, the Debil himself might also sit up and take notice of that one!

lw

Raver: Plants may, by a stretch of the definition, be sentient (as in able to perceive), but they do not think, are not self aware, and do not feel pain in the classical animal sense... They have no brain, nervous system, ganglions, nothing...
Comparing plants and animals is as ridiculous as comparing rocks and plants...

This being said, wild collecting plants is still immoral and wrong, and has led to the decimation of many species in our country alone...

If you think "milking" wild toads won't hurt them, you must never have held a toad before... They have delicate little bones, and their skins are delicate as well...

Their skins are poor barriers for pollutants at best...

Now, squeeze a squirming toad deperate to get away from your big stinking hands because you want to get high...

That's torture, plain and simple...

If you don't think so, how would YOU like to be SQUEEZED by a 50 ton giant that stand 100 times your height...

Think he may hurt you?

Geeeezz...

--------------------------------------------

mjshroomer: Some of you may think that this statement is a bit off track but i wa wondering how many of you curled a finger tip or two fingers around some babes nipple and trweaked it a bit.
Now suppose that female babe is a childbearing babe and has a yongun' did treaking the milk as it oozed out of your carressing fingers destroyed that nipples liek or the skin around it or the soft flesh you are puishing softly down on,
or are you just on a crusade with out knowing why.

Or has your girld friend ever took a bite on the head of your you know what? Did it hurt and will you make it through the night?

Would you ever let her put that thing in her mouth agin fearing she might tweak it off.

mj

mjshroomer

Ringworm Hick Farmer: Mj, what the fuck does that have to do with the price of eggs in china?
You have serious dillusional problems... Always making sure to mention about how your best buddies with Sasha Shulgin and everyone else in the world.

You have threatened many times, that your fed up and this is your last post.
I think I've counted about 15-20 last posts...
Are you leaving or what?

wyrm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

laughingwillow: raver, I'm not sure where to start....Maybe to venture a guess that you are affiliated with PETA?
Animals are sentient. Plants are too. Animals have the ability to communicate with each other. Ditto with plants. Rocks, on the other hand are inanimate objects.

Now, lets get to the toadies.

While I don't advocate the collection or making pets out of wild animals, I did work in a large pet store for six years, starting when I was 10. I have handled creatures from electric eels, (they do shock), to kuatamundi's and darn near every amphibian in between. Toads do NOT have delicate skin or bones, nor do they really struggle when handled. (There defense mechanism usually lies in the taste of their skin, not in speedy escapes.) I'm even willing to bet that the Bufo toad feels a sort of confidence when milked of venom that it is the first step toward freedom.

Btw, I doubt if a predator needs to bite but one toad to know they all taste bad. This means that the most dangerous situation they will probably encounter in the wild is after a species of predator pups has been weaned and are out foraging on their own for the first time. I would have a hard time believing that even a toad freshly milked would taste good enough to be eaten by a predator.

That isn't to say that every moron who ventures out to the Colorado River to collect 5-maodmt will treat the animal ethically. I'm sure it would be fairly easy to injure the toadies, if not handled with respect.

That said, mj went to great lengths to educate the members of this forum as to the proper techniques to handle Bufo toads. While I have no plans to race off into the desert to milk toads, I would be confident in my ability to treat the animal with respect and to leave it with its little toad body and psyche intact.

mj: You lost me with that last post and I'm not sure even a clarification would help. Maybe if you plead tempory insanity, the board will let you off easy.

lw

mjshroomer: Ringworm asked me, "Mj, what the fuck does that have to do with the price of eggs in china?"

Well according to Einstein, everything is relevent.
And no I am not delusional. And yes Sasha is a good frined of mine and who wre you to tell me what I can post or not post. If some one is my frined and I am proud of the fact that they are my friends, I went through that same BS shit with Camel a few years back.

I'll post what I want and when i want and if you do not like it then do not open up a post I make or do not read it. If it bothers yo then that is your problem not mine.

Since I was young, I have never let someone else tell me what to do and/or to do something I do not feel like doing. And if yor not married to me then don't tell me what the f to do. Because you have no business to do that.

And of course Bobby Jones is also my good friend and cousin. And I have alway considered everyone I have ever known personally all of my life as my good friend.

And Noone but you and Camel have eer complained about me referring to someone as my good friend, and I always refer to my friends as my good friends because thats what they are; just good friends.

I have referred to many since I was about 15 and I doubt if I will change my ways because you are not please with that. And another thing, It is not my purpose in life to be liked by you or to even like or dislike you.

And to all others have a shroomy day.

mj

And Laughing Willow, thanks for the explanation of the toad handling. I figured someone from a pet shop (I was actually hoping for the Pet Shop Boys to reply) would come forward and explain about the proper handling of amphibias pets. As for pleading insantiy, That last post up there about the nipples was just a poor excuse at sarcastic humor in response tothe might army of Toad Protectorates who I was afraid wiould take their case to the Vatican in Rome to protect the poor helpless Bufo toad.

And agian I know that very few individuals will head to the Colorado River to hunt these toads.

Its also kinda like the JLFCatalogue. They have been selling items of questionable legality since the middle 1970s. And they advertise in High Times and every now and then the young adults at Shroomery and elsewhere published their addreess and website, etc and no they are still in business and millions of people who read the information never have enough money to order from them and I surely cannot see many of those irresponsible peoples on the web russing to the desert since many cannot even afford to by shroom guides at cheap prices so how are they going to get a car, gas, gas money and then travel to the desert in search of a toad.

Anyway this thread is getiing away fromthe problems I created by poisting the information. I thank Eddy or Kemmptonb or whoever for at least putting some of the images back on the sight.

I will say that I do have a lot of new information and such about many new species of shrooms not mentioned anywhere and other plants and intersting items and censorship as I experinece when I posted the gland information has made me now cautionary about posting any of the info stored in my files because of the scrutiny I received over the Bufo toads is not important but the fact that the items were extracted after I posted them and in a forum I am moderator of, makes me suspect in posting any new info if someone is going to be displeased or start to place their morals on me becaue they do not approve of my posting or disemminating information and valuable data.

You se there was a lot more info about the Bufo toad which I did not place on the sight. Including some places where you can order the toads from. And five other maps of actual collection spots. ANd then Again I really should not have to explain any of this to anyone.

So everyone who is cool have a shroomy day and anyone who has problems with me, well those are your problems, not mine.

mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited March 10, 2001).]

dissident Ugly American: this is none of my business, but it really shouldnt be too hard to find out where this toad lives, if youre even slightly determined to go squeeze one.....what the fuck I mean by this I dont know, so dont even reply to this message, its not like Im taking sides anyway.....
'talking just to hear myself'

mjshroomer: Sounds good to me.
mj

Guest: Hey people, Would anyone get mad if I suggest we drop the name-calling and four letter word polluting of this website? As much as you all care about yourselves, this place isn't ABOUT you.
Thanks,
Eddy

Raver: "raver: I'm not sure where to start....Maybe to venture a guess that you are affiliated with PETA?"
Is being associated with PETA a bad thing? Would it make any of my points invalid on its own basis?

--------------------------------------------
Animals are sentient. Plants are too. Animals have the ability to communicate with each other. Ditto with plants. Rocks, on the other hand are inanimate objects.
-------------------------------

Respectfully, you are wrong. Plants are not self aware, they do not have the same dgree of sentience as animals do, not by even the farthest fetched fling of imagination...

Their communication is not remotely like that of animals, and is at best passive, at worst, a simple byproduct of airborne chemicals that they happen to have sensitivity too...

I've studied these subjects for far to many years to believe otherwise...

I have a degree in biopsych (psych with biological and study of neuronal mechanisms) and no amount of magical thinking animism will change the facts that plants are incredibly simpler than almost any animal, and light years away from mammals...

BTW, yes, the rock statment was hyberbole, but its intrisic exaggeration was used to make a point:

Plants are not sentient nor aware in the same way as animals in any remote sense of the words...

-----------------------------------------
"I did work in a large pet store for six years, starting when I was 10. I have handled creatures from electric eels, (they do shock), to kuatamundi's and darn near every amphibian in between. Toads do NOT have delicate skin or bones, nor do they really struggle when handled"

I have a friend ho raises turtles, lizards, and toads for a hobby who was disgusted by the idea of these threads on a BB for the simple fact that toads are delicate, and I believe he is right... I myself have picked up toads that struggled to get away, so I'm not sure what your point is...

------------------------------------------

"I'm even willing to bet that the Bufo toad feels a sort of confidence when milked of venom that it is the first step toward freedom."

Freedom? From WHAT? Their natural venom?

How do I put this and not be rude..?

Hmmm... Did you actually mean to write this, or would you care to retract it before, as you say to MJ, "Maybe if you plead tempory insanity, the board will let you off easy."

BTW, If any of this sounds inflammatory, its because I'm a jackass...;)

[This message has been edited by Raver (edited March 11, 2001).]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Page 4:
I found something that might be of interest to you all. If you check out [URL=http://www.reedsiguana.com/prod7.htm,]www.reedsiguana.com/prod7.htm you will find baby bufos for &#36150;. Because they only have babies, I assume they are captively bred. And you wouldn't have to worry about there ability to defend themselves when they live in a terrarium. This seems like an ethical alternative, but why not just get some straight 5meo?
[This message has been edited by dannyshmanny (edited March 10, 2001).]

Ringworm: Damn dude... talk about a walking insecurity.
Like one hang up after another.
Man, I oughta slap you around with a dictionary next time you start telling me about how it was when "I was young".
There is really only one big difference between then and now...
Before you were 15. Now your old.

I've biten my tongue about all your shitty artwork and your burned out hippie mentality.

Get off this board for a bit... Get back on your meds...

wyrm

mjshroomer: (Posted: Mar. 10 2001,21:14): Sorry to disappoint you ringworm, another name of a disease speading round someones head.
I do not take medications, never have and never will.

And have a shroomy day

mj

dannyshmanny: Gentlemen, mind your manners.

Ringworm: I'm sorry... I didn't think you folks would think that was fighting...
I just like poking fun at the old man.
wyrm

mjshroomer: Actually Ringworm, 60 years is not that old.
And what goes around comes around and someday you will be sixty and some young adults may irritate you too.

And again I am still able to climb mountains, go hang gliding and white water rafting in the spring and summer, And this summer I will be doing a few jumps from a plane.

So as I said before, if you have a problem with me then that is yor problem, not mine,

And to evryone else have a shroomy day,

Mj

Guest: No you has-been, still stuck somewhere between 1966 and 73 dressin, long-haired, loud-mouth hippie, I think the trailer-trash, ditch-diggin, abrasive-mouthed, Johnny Cash listenin redneck said he was just pokin fun. But I'm not sure.

Dannyshmanny: HEY- leave the Man in Black out of this.

Raver: I just like being someone you can ALL aspire to be like...
Keep the faith people...

Andy the Great Something: I'm really hurt you guys. I've come to respect you all. And to see the teachers fighting in the presence of the students, what lesson is learned?
Peace, no fight.

Lets keap this the best forum on the net. Opinions and all.

Andy the Great Something

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Page 5:
[Unknown]: There's nothing sicker and more disturbing than when you're beating a dead horse, and it splits open and the guts come out.....

Glider aka Walter Mitty: Yeah Ringworm, you just wait another 15 years and see if it is so funny to poke fun at 60 year old men. How about that Raver though? I find it laughable how that self declared vegan tried to deny his PETA affiliations. He's just in it for the supermodels though, you know.
Glider, the perpetual 14 year old chic

>................................

mjshroomer: Well it seems that management here at spiritplants has ask me to clean up these Bufo threads.
Since I am opposed to censorship I have decided to leave the threads as they stand since I myself have been censored here I personally cannot censor anyone else because everyone here has a right to their opinions.

Thus I will now close this thread and leave it as it stands.

It the management decides to promote further action in this matter then they can either delete the thread or remove it or do as they please with it.

I think it is time to move on and all of us, me included need to tone down our anger at one another and refrain from personal attacks. Because that is not why we are all here.

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited March 12, 2001).]

Guest: No need Mj, seems we are "cookin with gas" now... thanks anyway, better late than never!
Eddy

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mj here again today August 21, 2002.

Well after that the thread was close however, there were many more threads at Spiritplants regarding this matter, most of them flaming me for posting this toad info on the web.

I am over there now at Spiritplants trying to find the lost images of the scans of milking the glnds.

I would also like to point out that the majority of smart shops and pet shops which sell toads to pet enthusiasts usually sell Buro marinus the normal everyday cane toad. But many unscrupulous pet dealers will sellthe cane toad as the dmt toad, especially in Amsterdam I saw several smart shops sellin Bufo marinus as the psychoactive Sonoran Desert toad.

Be leery of those advertising them. Only a few pet stores might actually have one in their stock.

More on this later after I find the missing images.

mj

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 03:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, If you made it this far than I am npow posting the URL for the page with the images of how to milk the toads.

http://forums.spiritplants.com/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d64fc116852ffff;act=ST;f=20;t=126;hl=bufo+toads

If Hippie2 decides to post them here separately formthe Spiritplants archives he is most welcome to do so.

Later I will clean up the above exchanges and edit out the Forum info and just put Q and A and nicknames and remove the UBB shit from the page to make it easier reading.

I should actually put together an article about this whole affair and every complain and post regarding it from allthe sites.

mj

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 04:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, what a load of crap.
i'm glad we don't have such messes here.
we censor only the kind of crap they let go on,
like flames and abuse,
and we tolerate the info that they censored,
like the toad info.
kinda of a bizzaro world thing i guess.
quite frankly, i think those maps are so large-scale as to be virtually useless in actually tracing down the toads, their habitat range is freely availble info at many good biology sites.
it boils down to one of my pet peeves,
folks trying to control others
by force of regulations.
you can't be trusted with the info, they say.
bah.
on a side point, i found it interesting during the lawn mowing analogy part that no one realized that hundreds of thousands of insects are killed each time the grass gets cut. seems a bit callous to kill so many living things just to get a pretty lawn.
i routinely refuse to cut my lawn until i'm forced to by the authorities, and then i just cut what i have to to avoid a fine, then i let it grow out again before winter sets in, to provide habitat for all the creatures that share my land with me.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 04:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

Posted below is the milking of the glands images.

Have a shroomy day,

Mj

Fresh venom can easily be collected without any harm to the toad. Use a flat glass plate or any smooth non-porous surface at least twelve inches square. Hold the toad in front of the plate, which is fixed in a vertical position.

Quote:

In this manner, the venom can be collected on the glass plate, free of dirt and liquid released when the toad is handled.

Quote:

Half a gram or more can be collected from a large adult toad. Half of that is water. But as much as 15% is 5-MEO-DMT. In other words, one adult toad is capable of producing one fresh gram equaling about 75 milligrams of 5-MEO-DMT capable of producing doses at three to five milligrams each.

When you are ready to begin, hold the toad firmly with one hand and, with thumb and forefinger of your other hand, squeeze near the base of the gland until the venom squirts out of the pores and onto the glass plate. Use this method to systematically collect the venom from each of the toad’s granular glands: those as seen in the four illustrations I have placed here: Those on the forearms, those on the tibia and femur of the hind leg and, of course the parotoids on the neck. Each gland can be squeezed a second time for an additional yield of venom if you allow the toad a one hour rest period. After this the glands are empty and require four to six weeks for regeneration.

The venom is viscous and milky-white in color when first squeezed from the glands. It begins drying within minutes and acquires the color and texture of rubber cement. Scrape the venom from the glass plate, dry it thoroughly, and store it in an airtight container until you are ready to use it.

The venom from B. alvarius is extremely hallucinogenic when vaporized by heat and taken into the lungs in the form of smoke. An adequate dose for a normal adult of average size is a piece of dried venom about the size of a paper match head. Shave it into thin slices with a razor blade and put the pieces in a clean one-toke pipe fitted with a brass screen. Designate this pipe strictly for smoking toad venom. Apply a suitable flame and smoke the contents of the bowl in one complete inhalation. Try to hold the smoke in your lungs as long as possible as the effectiveness will depend largely on the full dose being absorbed in one breath. It may taste like burning plastic.

Additional reading can be found in:

Weil, Andrew and Wade Davis. 1994. Bufo Alvarius: A Potent hallucinogen of animal origin. Journal of Ethnopharmacology vol. 41:1-8.

There is also an additional article by Gartz and Thomas Lyttle but I cannot find it at this moment.

Mjshroomer

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 04:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well this thread is definitely an exercise in free speech.

Mj

Took a while to do this. There is a lot moe pages at Spirtplants. This laming and complaining also occured at lycaeum and at the shroomry anda few other sites which disappeared.

Hope everyone enjoys this

mj

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 04:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found the missing photos to add to this tale the otehr three pages. Hippie3 already posted the illustrations for milking the glands.

I cleaned up the above posts and will do so with these three pages . Only becasue they do list what is endangered and what is not. This is a good archive thread.

Mj

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Post date for this was Feb 5th to March 12th 2000.

Page 1:

Kempton :
You neglect to mention that the toad in question is an endangered species. I believe it is also illegal to collect them from the wild (I may be wrong tho).
Anyhow, 5meoDmt is easily available from several sources that in no way put the toad in question at any risk.

I will leave this post up for informational purposes but I urge everyone to seek alternative sources for 5meo.
If you don't know where to find a source, just ask... someone will help you out... hopefully via private message.

Thanks,
Kemp

mjshroomer: The Map: The map of the Location has been removed by one of the operators of this site.
However it may be viewed at drooldonkey.org.

_---------------------------------
----------------------------------
(Current note fromMJ Aug 21, 2002) Hippie3 posted the map and gland milking illus. above)
\---------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

aka Walter Mitty

Group: Administrators
Posted: Feb. 06 2001,03:55

Also unmentioned is that this is truly venom, and 5-meo-dmt and water are not the sole constituents of the venom. Apparently smoking it is not immediately lethal, but attempting to consume it via some other method could be rather unpleasant.
Glider, the clueless one.

--------------
Official SPF Baby Sitter

Report this post to a moderator

mjshroomer

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 08 2001,10:15

Sorry for the double post . see below.
mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited February 08, 2001).]

mjshroomer

Kempton, I have not heard anything about the Bufo alvarius being an endangered species.
I have an actual video of the bust in California of a school teacher and his wife. They lost their jobs and split up after the bust. They also had much LSD, Peyopte, Marijuana, Cocaine, X and several other drugs confiscated. Small amounts used for personal usage.

However the cops,in the video, those who busted the couple also mugshot the three toads and gave them the names of Fritz, hans and Friedrich.

I have the video and the cops said the toads were not an endangered species only they wish they were. The case is still pending but the lawyers think they will get off.

You might want to chech the fellow at the Entheogenic Law Review. Richard Glen Boire is his name I think.

Mjshroomer

technics

Posted: Feb. 11 2001,15:16

Do they have these at pet stores?
------------------

Glider

aka Walter Mitty

Posted: Feb. 12 2001,05:01

B. marinus is commonly carried in pet stores. This is the cane toad that is so problematic in some tropical and semi-tropical locals.
B. alvarius is not nearly so likely to show up at the local herp shop.

-G-

--------------
Official SPF Baby Sitter

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 02 2001,06:06

Hm, The Bufo toads are a bit like buying cactus in a plant store.
Most sellers of toads in a pet and fish shop usually do not know the latin names for many of the specie sof animals they sell, only the local names like Bufo Toad, Iguana, Bull Frog and the same for cactus. If you go into a store and asked for trichocereus pachanoi, most likely they will point you out to a cereus cactus (a different genus),
of it you asked for San Pedro cactus sometimes they also will not know what you are taliking about or they will point you out to a cereus.

I found a cactus farm in Orlando Florida with hundreds of cereus and only a few trichocereus in stock. The owners did not know many of the latin names but had them listed under particular nick-names instead.

If you asked for a Bufo alvarius at a pet shop, most likely the owner will tell you yes he has a bufo in stockj and give you the bufo marinnus.

Have a shroomy day,

mj

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 02 2001,06:08

Oh Yes,
And milking the glands of the toad is no different that shearing the wool off of a sheep or you getting a haircut or cutting off yoiur fingernails.
It does not hurt the toad.

mj

Glider

aka Walter Mitty

Posted: Mar. 02 2001,09:01

Actually a couple of years ago I asked two decent local pet shops for this species by its latin name. The pet shops checked the list of amphibians available from their suppliers, and countered with a short list of available Bufo toads (mostly european native species) but B. alvarius wasn't available.
-G-

Page 1 continued:

aka Walter Mitty

Posted: Feb. 06 2001,03:55

Also unmentioned is that this is truly venom, and 5-meo-dmt and water are not the sole constituents of the venom. Apparently smoking it is not immediately lethal, but attempting to consume it via some other method could be rather unpleasant.
Glider, the clueless one.

--------------
Official SPF Baby Sitter

mjshroomer

Sorry for the double post . see below.
mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited February 08, 2001).]

mjshroomer

Kempton, I have not heard anything about the Bufo alvarius being an endangered species.
I have an actual video of the bust in California of a school teacher and his wife. They lost their jobs and split up after the bust. They also had much LSD, Peyopte, Marijuana, Cocaine, X and several other drugs confiscated. Small amounts used for personal usage.

However the cops,in the video, those who busted the couple also mugshot the three toads and gave them the names of Fritz, hans and Friedrich.

I have the video and the cops said the toads were not an endangered species only they wish they were. The case is still pending but the lawyers think they will get off.

You might want to chech the fellow at the Entheogenic Law Review. Richard Glen Boire is his name I think.

Mjshroomer

technics

Posted: Feb. 11 2001,15:16

Do they have these at pet stores?
------------------

Glider

aka Walter Mitty

Posted: Feb. 12 2001,05:01

B. marinus is commonly carried in pet stores. This is the cane toad that is so problematic in some tropical and semi-tropical locals.
B. alvarius is not nearly so likely to show up at the local herp shop.

-G-

--------------
Official SPF Baby Sitter

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 02 2001,06:06

Hm, The Bufo toads are a bit like buying cactus in a plant store.
Most sellers of toads in a pet and fish shop usually do not know the latin names for many of the specie sof animals they sell, only the local names like Bufo Toad, Iguana, Bull Frog and the same for cactus. If you go into a store and asked for trichocereus pachanoi, most likely they will point you out to a cereus cactus (a different genus),
of it you asked for San Pedro cactus sometimes they also will not know what you are taliking about or they will point you out to a cereus.

I found a cactus farm in Orlando Florida with hundreds of cereus and only a few trichocereus in stock. The owners did not know many of the latin names but had them listed under particular nick-names instead.

If you asked for a Bufo alvarius at a pet shop, most likely the owner will tell you yes he has a bufo in stockj and give you the bufo marinnus.

Have a shroomy day,

mj

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 02 2001,06:08

Oh Yes,
And milking the glands of the toad is no different that shearing the wool off of a sheep or you getting a haircut or cutting off yoiur fingernails.
It does not hurt the toad.

mj

Glider

aka Walter Mitty

Posted: Mar. 02 2001,09:01

Actually a couple of years ago I asked two decent local pet shops for this species by its latin name. The pet shops checked the list of amphibians available from their suppliers, and countered with a short list of available Bufo toads (mostly european native species) but B. alvarius wasn't available.
-G-

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Page 2:

Gama Showa

Posted: Mar. 02 2001,09:22

The overall status of the Colorado River toad appears to be unknown. "There are no agency-mandated recovery goals for the Colorado River toad." If we do not care for our friends the toads it seems that no-one else will. Please do not harass the toads. Milking the venom can rupture the glands, introduce infections and upset the toad while it should be out eating and looking for love.
Even if you don't rupture the glands when milking it is surely obvious that handling a wild animal and taking some of its venom (which it has for a reason) is not going to be good for it. The venom is there as a last ditch defence when it is being eaten, it is not designed for every day use.

This species is an "explosive-breeder" which means that at times there are very small and vulnerable populations carrying all the hopes of future generations. Only two years had suitable heavy rainfalls for the toads to breed in one six year survey.

It is on the Forest Service Regional Forester’s Sensitive species list in Arizona. Some investigators have suggested the species is imperiled throughout much of its range. In California, the species is probably extirpated over most of its range due to habitat destruction and the extensive use of pesticides. Although severe habitat alteration along the Lower Colorado River has undoubtedly had a negative impact on the species, the specific factors responsible for declines in this region remain unknown due to a lack of information regarding the species' microhabitat requirements. Isolation of small, vulnerable populations caused by channelization and damming of the Colorado River, and the introduction of the spiny softshell turtle and bullfrog in the early 1900s may also be partly responsible for the species' decline.

Habitat loss and the extensive use of pesticides threaten the Colorado River toad. This species may also be threatened by competition and predation from nonnative species, and collection for use as a drug.

According to Jennings

quote:
Some states have passed specific laws against toad licking.

There are several medical reports of the deaths of young healthy males due to the attempted use of Bufo toad venom as an aphrodisiac. This is not something that will just give you a bad headache if you get it wrong, it can kill.
Jennings, M.R., M.P. Hayes, and Animal Management Division Research Section, Metro Washington Park Zoo. 1994. Amphibian and reptile species of special concern in California; final report.

King T. and M. Robbins. 1991. A status survey of Kinosternon sonoriense and Bufo alvarius along the California side of the lower Colorado River basin.

It is a California Species of Special Concern. In spring 1994 the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish recommended to the State Game Commission that the legal status of the Colorado River toad (Bufo alvarius) remain "Group 2" (= Threatened) within the state.

quote:
In New Mexico, the species had been quite localized, and populations had been subject to reduction or even extirpation as the result of factors such as the above

The above being several environmental and human factors including "malicious humans".

theo

Posted: Mar. 04 2001,03:45

There is little to add to what everyone else has said, except that I had told mjshroomer of the endangered status of Bufo alvarius the last time he posted this information here at Spirit Plants. He therefore has no excuse for his professed ignorance of its status.
Here is the URL for his last piece of adolescent misinformation on this sensitive subject
http://spiritplants.yack.org/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000036.html

[This message has been edited by theo (edited March 04, 2001).]

Gupta

Posted: Mar. 04 2001,14:56

Can anyone recommend some good techniques for extracting and processing cerebro-spinal fluid from healthy adult homo sapien var. futant into an edible or smokeable extract? Can one lay it on blotter when done? Please help!
-Gupta

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 05 2001,05:15

Poster was asked by PM to edit this post to remove the self-incriminating remarks. He didn't so I did.
[This message has been edited by Eddy (edited March 08, 2001).]

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 05 2001,05:46

I now post here a list of the Endangered Species as of January 2001.
Nowhere do they list a Bufo alvarius toad or even a Colorado River Toad as they are known locally where their habitat is as an endangered species:

Abbott's Booby
African Dwarf Crocodile
African Slender-snouted Crocodile
African Viviparous Toads
African Wild Ass
African Wild Dog
Akiapolaau
Ala Balik (Trout)
Alabama Beach Mouse
Alabama Cave Shrimp
Alabama Cavefish
Alabama Lampmussel
Alabama Red-bellied Turtle
Alabama Sturgeon
Alamosa Springsnail
Alaotra Grebe
Aldabra Warbler
Algerian Nuthatch
Amami Rabbit (Ryukyu Rabbit)
Amargosa Vole
Amazonian Manatee
Amber Darter
American Burying Beetle
American Crocodile
Amsterdam Albatross
Anastasia Island Beach Mouse
Andean Cat
Andean Condor
Anegada Ground Iguana
Angonoka (Madagascar Tortoise, Angulated T.)
Anjouan Island Sparrowhawk
Anjouan Scops Owl
Anthony's Riversnail
Apaporis River Caiman
Apennine Chamois
Appalachian Elktoe
Appalachian Monkeyface (Pearlymussel)
Aquatic Box Turtle
Arabian Gazelle
Arabian Oryx
Arabian Ostrich
Arabian Tahr
Argali
Armored Snail
Arroyo (Southwestern) Toad
Ash Meadows Amargosa Pupfish
Ash Meadows Speckled Dace
Asian Bonytongue
Asian Elephant
Asian Golden Cat
Asian Wild Ass
Asiatic Lion
Asiatic Wild Dog
Atitlan Grebe
Atlantic Salmon
Attwater's Greater Prairie-chicken
Audouin's Gull
Aukland Island Rail
Australian Native Mouse 2 sp.
Avahi
Aye-aye
Ayumodoki (Loach)
Azores Wood Pigeon

Babirusa
Bachman's Warbler
Bactrian Camel
Bactrian Deer
Bahaman Parrot (Cuban Parrot)
Baluchistan Bear
Banbury Springs Limpet
Banded Cotinga
Banded Wattle-eye
Banded Hare-wallaby
Bannerman's Turaco
Banteng
Bar-tailed Pheasant
Barbados Yellow Warbler
Barbary Deer
Barbary Hyena
Barbary Serval
Barbary Stag
Bare-faced Tamarin (Pied Tamarin)
Barrington Land Iguana
Barton Springs Salamander
Bawean Deer (Kuhl's D., Kuhl's Hog D.)
Beaver
Bee Creek Cave Harvestman
Behren's Silverspot Butterfly
Big Bend Gambusia
Bighorn Sheep 2 sp.
Birdwing Pearly Mussel
Blackburn's Sphinx Moth
Black Caiman
Black Clubshell
Black Colobus Monkey
Black Rhinoceros
Black Soft-shell Turtle
Black-capped Vireo
Black-faced Impala
Black-footed Cat
Black-footed Ferret
Black-fronted Piping-guan
Black-necked Crane
Blue Whale
Blue-throated Parakeet
Bluemask Darter
Blunt-nosed Leopard Lizard
Blyth's Tragopan Pheasant
Bolson Tortoise
Bone Cave Harvestman
Bonobo (Pygmy Chimpanzee)
Bontebok (antelope)
Bonytail Chub
Borax Lake Chub
Boulder Darter
Bowhead Whale
Brazillian Sideneck Turtle
Brazillian Three-toed Sloth
Bridled Nailtail Wallaby
Bridled White-eye
Broad-snouted Caiman
Brother's Island Tuatara
Brown Bear (2 sp.)
Brown Eared Pheasant
Brown Hyena
Brown Pelican
Brunea Hot Springsnail
Brush-tailed Rat-kangaroo
Buffy Tufted-ear Marmoset (White-eared)
Buffy-headed Marmoset (Buff-headed)
Bulmer's Fruit Bat (Flying Fox)
Bumblebee Bat
Burmese Eyed Turtle (Burmese Peacock Turtle)

Cabot's Tragopan Pheasant
Cabrera's Hutia
Cactus Ferruginous Pygmy-owl
Cahaba Shiner
Cahow
Calamianes Deer
California Clapper Rail
California Condor
California Freshwater Shrimp
California Kangaroo Rats 6 sp.
California Least Tern
California Tiger Salamander
Callippe Silverspot Butterfly
Cameroon Clawless Otter
Cameroon Toad
Campbell Island Flightless Teal
Canarian Black Oystercatcher
Cape Fear Shiner
Cape Sable Seaside Sparrow
Capped Langur
Caribbean Manatee (West Indian Manatee)
Caribbean Monk Seal
Carolina Heelsplitter
Carolina Northern Flying Squirrel
Cat Island Turtle
Catfish
Catspaw (Purple Cat's Paw Pearlymussel)
Cave Crayfish
Cebu Black Shama
Cedros Island Mule Deer
Central American River Turtle
Central American Squirrel Monkey (Red-backed S. M.)
Central American Tapir
Ceylon Mugger Crocodile
Chatham Island Black Robin (Chatham I. R.)
Chatham Island Pigeon
Cheer Pheasant
Cheetah
Chiltan Markhor
Chimpanzee
Chinese Alligator
Chinese Egret
Chinese Giant Salamander
Chinese Monal Pheasant
Chinese River Dolphin
Chinook Salmon
Choctawhatchee Beach Mouse
Christmas Island Frigate Bird (Andrews F, Christmas F)
Christmas Island Goshawk
Cicek (Minnow)
Clarke's Weaver
Clear Creek Gambusia
Clouded Leopard
Cloven-feathered Dove
Clover Valley Speckled Dace
Clubshell
Coffin Cave Mold Beetle
Colorado Pikeminnow
Columbian White-tailed Deer
Comal Springs Dryopid Beetle
Comal Springs Riffle Beetle
Comanche Springs Pupfish
Conasauga Logperch (fish)
Congo Dwarf Crocodile
Conservancy Fairy Shrimp
Cook Strait Tuatara (Tuatara)
Coosa Moccasinshell
Corsican Red Deer
Corsican Swallowtail Butterfly
Costa Rican Puma
Cotton-top Marmoset
Cracking Pearly Mussel
Crescent Nail-tail Wallaby
Crested Honeycreeper
Crowned Lemur
Cuatro Cienegas Softshell Turtle
Cuba Hook-billed Kite
Cuba Sandhill Crane
Cuban Crocodile
Cuban Solenodon
Cui-ui
Culebra Island Giant Anole
Cumberland Bean Pearly Mussel
Cumberland Elktoe
Cumberland Monkeyface (Pearlymussel)
Cumberland Pigtoe
Cumberlandian Combshell
Curtis Pearlymussel
Cylindrical Lioplax Snail

Dark Pigtoe Mussel
Day Gecko
Delhi Sands Flower-loving Fly
Delmarva Peninsula Fox Squirrel
Desert Bandicoot
Desert Monitor
Desert Pupfish
Desert Rat-kangaroo
Desert Slender Salamander
Devil's Hole Pupfish
Dhole
Diademed Sifaka
Diana Monkey
Dibatag (Clark's Gazelle)
Dibbler
Drill
Dromedary Pearly Mussel
Dugong
Duskytail Darter
Dwarf Hutia
Dwarf Wedge Mussel

Eastern Jerboa Marsupial
Eastern Native-cat
Eastern Puma
Edward's Pheasant
El Segundo Blue Butterfly
Eld's Deer (E. Brow-antlered D.)
Elliot's Pheasant
Eskimo Curlew
Estuarine Crocodile
Ethiopian Wolf (Simien Jackal, S. Fox)
Etowah Darter
Euler's Flycatcher
Eurasian Peregrine Falcon
Everglade Snail Kite
Eyrean Grasswren

False Gharial (Tomistoma)
False Water-rat
Fanshell
Fat Pocketbook Pearly Mussel
Fat Three-ridged Mussel
Fea's Muntjac
Fender's Blue Butterfly
Field's Mouse
Fiji Banded Iguana
Fiji Crested Iguana
Fin Whale (Finback W.)
Fine-rayed Pigtoe Pearly Mussel
Flat Pebblesnail
Flat Pigtoe Mussel
Flat-headed Cat
Florida Grasshopper Sparrow
Florida Manatee
Florida Salt Marsh Vole
Forbe's Parakeet
Formosan Sika Deer
Formosan Yellow-throated Marten
Fountain Darter

Gaimard's Rat-kangaroo
Galapagos Hawk
Galapagos Penguin
Galapagos Tortoise
Gaur (Seledang, Seladang)
Geometric Tortoise (Geometric Turtle)
Gharial (Gavial)
Giant Armadillo
Giant Otter
Giant Panda
Giant Sable Antelope
Giant Scops Owl
Gila Topminnow
Gila Trout
Glaucous Macaw
Goeldi's Marmoset
Golden Bamboo Lemur
Golden Langur
Golden Parakeet
Golden-cheeked Warbler
Golden-crowned Sifaka (Tattersall's S.)
Golden-shouldered Parakeet
Goral
Gorilla
Gould's Mouse
Government Canyon Cave Spider
Grand Cayman Ground Iguana
Gray Bat
Gray Langur
Gray Whale
Gray Wolf
Gray-necked Rockfowl (Grey-necked R.)
Great Indian Bustard
Great Indian Rhinoceros
Great Philippine Eagle (Philippine E.)
Greater Stick-nest Rat (Stick-nest Rat)
Green Blossom (Pearlymussel)
Greenland White-tailed Eagle
Green Sea Turtle
Grenada Gray-fronted Dove
Grenada Hook-billed Kite
Ground Beetle (2 species)
Ground Parrot
Guadeloupe House Wren
Guam Broadbill
Guam Micronesian Kingfisher
Guam Rail
Guatemalan Jaguarundi
Guizhou Snub-nosed Monkey
Gulf Coast Jaguarundi
Gulf Moccasinshell

Hairy-eared Dwarf Lemur
Haitian Solenodon
Hamilton's Frog (Stephen Island Frog)
Harpy Eagle
Hawaii Akepa
Hawaii Creeper
Hawaiian Coot
Hawaiian Crow
Hawaiian Dark-rumped Petrel
Hawaiian Duck
Hawaiian Goose
Hawaiian Hawk
Hawaiian Hoary Bat
Hawaiian Moorhen (Hawaiian Common M.)
Hawaiian Monk Seal
Hawaiian Stilt
Hawksbill Sea Turtle
Hay's Spring Amphipod
Heavy Pigtoe Mussel
Hell Creek Cave Crayfish
Helmeted Honeyeater
Helmeted Hornbill
Helotes Mold Beetle
Hierro Giant Lizard
Higgin's Eye Pearly Mussel
Hiko White River Springfish
Hispid Hare
Homerus Swallowtail
Hooded Crane
Hook-billed Hermit
Horned Guan
Hualapai Mexican Vole
Humpback Chub
Humpback Whale
Hungerford's Crawling Water Beetle
Huston Toad

Ibadan Malimbe
Idaho Springsnail
Ikan Temoleh (Minnow)
Illinois Cave Amphipod
Imperial Parrot
Imperial Pheasant
Imperial Woodpecker
Inagua Island Turtle
Independence Valley Speckled Dace
Indiana Bat
Indian Monitor (Bengal M.)
Indian Python
Indian Sawback Turtle
Indian Softshell Turtle
Indochina Hog Deer
Indri
Indus River Dolphin
Iowa Pleistocene Snail
Iriomote Cat
Israel Painted Frog
Ivory-billed Woodpecker

Jaguar
Jamaican Boa
Jamaican Iguana
James Spinymussel
Japanese Crested Ibis
Japanese Giant Salamander
Javan Gibbon
Javan Rhinoceros
Jentink's Duiker
June Sucker

Kabul Markhor
Kagu
Kakapo
Kanab Ambersnail
Karner Blue Butterfly
Kashmir Stag
Kauai Akepa
Kauai Cave Amphipod
Kauai Nukupuu
Kauai oo
Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle
Kendall Warm Springs Dace
Kentucky Cave Shrimp
Kern Primrose Sphinx Moth
Key Deer
Key Largo Cotton Mouse
Key Largo Woodrat
Kirtland's Warbler
Koch's Pitta
Kokako
Komodo Dragon (K. Island Monitor)
Kouprey
Kretschmarr Cave Mold Beetle

L'hoest's Monkey
Laguna Mountains Skipper
Lange's Metalmark Butterfly
Lar Valley Viper
Large Desert Marsupial-mouse
Large-eared Hutia
Large Kauai Thrush (Kamao)
Laysan Duck
Laysan Finch
Leadbeater's Possum
Lear's Macaw (Indigo Macaw)
Least Bell's Vireo
Leatherback Sea Turtle
Lee County Cave Isopod
Leon Springs Pupfish
Leopard Cat
Lesser Long-nosed Bat
Lesser Rabbit Bandicoot
Lesser Rhea
Lesuer's Rat-kangaroo
Light-footed Clapper Rail
Lion Tamarins (3 sp.)
Lion-tailed Macaque
Little Blue Macaw
Little Earth Hutia
Little Mariana Fruit Bat
Little Planigale
Little-wing Pearly Mussel
Long-tailed Ground Roller
Long-tailed Marsupial-mouse
Long-tailed Otter
Longhorn Fairy Shrimp
Lord Howe Rail (Lord Howe Wood Rail, L. H. I. Woodhen)
Lost River Sucker
Lotis Blue Butterfly
Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit
Lowland Anoa
Luzon Peacock Swallowtail

Madagascar Fish Eagle (Madagascar Sea E.)
Madagascar Pochard
Madagascar Radiated Tortoise
Madagascar Red Owl
Madagascar Serpent Eagle
Madeira Petrel
Madla's Cave Spider
Malabar Civet (M. Large-spotted C.)
Malayan Tapir (Asian T.)
Maleo Megapode
Mandrill
Maned Wolf
Mantled Howler Monkey
Manus Island Tree Snail
Marbled Cat
Margay
Maria Island Ground Lizard
Maria Island Snake
Mariana Common Moorhen
Mariana Crow
Mariana Fruit Bat
Mariana Gray Swiftlet
Mariana Mallard
Marine Otter
Marsh Deer
Martinique Trembler
Marungu Sunbird
Maryland Darter
Mascarene Black Petrel
Masked Bobwhite (Quail)
Maui Akepa
Maui Parrotbill
Mauritius Cuckoo-shrike
Mauritius Fody
Mauritius Kestrel
Mauritius Olivaceous Bulbul
Mauritius Parakeet
McNeill's Deer
Mediterranean Monk Seal
Mentawai Gibbon
Merriam's Montezuma Quail
Mexican Blindcat
Mexican Bobcat
Mexican Grizzly Bear
Mexican Long-nosed Bat
Mexican Prairie Dog
Mhorr Gazelle
Micronesian Megapode
Mikado Pheasant
Mindoro Imperial Pigeon
Mission Blue Butterfly
Mississippi Sandhill Crane
Mitchell's Satyr Butterfly
Miyako Tango (fish)
Moapa Dace
Modoc Sucker
Mohave Tui Chub
Molokai Creeper
Molokai Thrush (Olomao)
Mongolian Saiga (antelope)
Mongoose Lemur
Monito Gecko
Monte Verde Golden Toad
Morelet's Crocodile
Moroccan Gazelle (Dorcas)
Morro Shoulderband Snail
Mount Graham Red Squirrel
Mount Hermon June Beetle
Mountain Anoa
Mountain Gazelle (Cuvier's)
Mountain Pygmy-possum
Mountain Tapir
Mountain Zebra
Mugger Crocodile
Muriqui (Woolly Spider Monkey)
Musk Deer
Myrtle's Silverspot Butterfly

Nashville Crayfish
Nekogigi (Catfish)
New Holland Mouse
New Zealand Bushwren
New Zealand Shore Plover
New Zealand Thrush
Nicklin's Pearlymussel
Nightingale Reed Warbler
Night Parrot
Nihoa Finch
Nihoa Millerbird
No-eyed Big-eyed Wolf Spider (Kauai Cave, pe'e pe'e maka 'ole )
Noisy Scrub-bird
Nordmann's Greenshank
Norfolk Island Parakeet
Norfolk Island White-eye
North Andean Huemul
North China Sika Deer
Northern Aplomado Falcon
Northern Bald Ibis
Northern Hariy-nosed Wombat (Queensland HNW)
Northern Riffleshell
Northern Right Whale
Northern Swift Fox
Northern White Rhinoceros
Nukupuu
Numbat

Oahu Creeper
Oahu Elepaio
Oahu Tree Snails
Ocelot
Ochlockonee Moccasinshell
Ochre-breasted Francolin
Ohio Emerald Dragonfly (Hine's Emerald D.)
Okaloosa Darter
Olive Ridley Sea Turtle
Orang-utan
Orange-bellied Parakeet
Orangefoot Pimpleback Pearlymussel
Oregon Chub
Oriental White Stork
Orinoco Crocodile
Ou
Ouachita Rock-pocketbook
Oval Pigtoe Mussel
Ovate Clubshell
Owens Pupfish
Owens Tui Chub
Oyster Mussel
Ozark Big-eared Bat

Pacific Pocket Mouse
Pahranagat Roundtail Chub
Pahrump Poolfish
Pakistan Sand Cat
Palawan Peacock Pheasant
Pale Lilliput Pearly Mussel
Palezone Shiner
Pallid Sturgeon
Palila
Palos Verdes Blue Butterfly
Pampas Deer
Panamanian Golden Frog
Panamanian Jaguarundi
Paradise Parakeet
Parma Wallaby
Peacock Softshell Turtle
Peck's Cave Amphipod
Pecos Gambusia
Pelzeln's Gazelle
Peninsular Pronghorn
Penitent Mussel (Southern Combshell)
Perdido Key Beach Mouse
Persian Fallow Deer
Philippine Crocodile
Pig-footed Bandicoot
Pig-tailed Snub-nosed Monkey (PTSN Languar, Pagi Island L.)
Pink Fairy Armadillo
Pink Mucket
Pink Pigeon
Pink-headed Dove
Piping Plover
Plain Wanderer
Plicate Rocksnail
Plymouth Redbelly Turtle
Point Arena Mountain Beaver
Ponape Greater White-eye
Ponape Mountain Starling
Poo-uli (Black-faced Honeycreeper)
Preuss's Red Colobus
Proboscis Monkey
Przewalski's Horse
Pudu
Puerto Rican Boa
Puerto Rican Nightjar
Puerto Rican Parrot
Puerto Rican Plain Pigeon
Puerto Rican Broad-winged Hawk
Puerto Rican Sharp-shinned Hawk
Purple Bean (Mussel)
Pygmy Hog
Pygmy Madtom
Pyrenean Ibex

Queen Alexandra's Birdwing Butterfly
Queensland Rat-kangaroo
Quino Checkerspot Butterfly
Quokka

Rabbit Bandicoot
Raso Lark
Razor-billed Currassow
Razorback Sucker
Red Siskin
Red Wolf
Red-bellied Guenon (Red-bellied Monkey)
Red-billed Currassow
Red-browed Parrot
Red-capped Parrot
Red-cockaded Woodpecker
Red-crowned Crane (Japanese C.)
Red-eared Nose-spotted Guenon (Monkey)
Red-faced Malkoha
Red-necked Parrot
Red-shanked Douc Langur
Red-spectacled Parrot
Red-tailed Parrot
Relict Darter
Relict Gull
Resplendent Quetzal (R. Quetzel)
Reunion Cuckoo-shrike
Ring Pink Mussel
Rio Grande Silvery Minnow
Rio de Oro Dama Gazelle
Riparian Brush Rabbit
Riparian Woodrat
River Terrapin (Painted T.)
Riverside Fairy Shrimp
Roanoke Logperch
Robber Baron Cave Harvestman
Robber Baron Cave Spider
Rodrigues Fruit Bat (Flying-fox)
Rodrigues Warbler
Roseate Tern
Rothchild's Starling
Rough Pigtoe Mussel
Rough Rabbitsfoot
Round Island Bolyeria Boa
Round Island Casarea Boa
Round Island Day Gecko
Royal Marstonia Snail
Ruffed Lemur
Rufous Hare-wallaby (Western HW)
Ryukyu Sika Deer

Saimaa Seal
Saint Francis' Satyr Butterfly
Salt Marsh Harvest Mouse
San Bruno Elfin Butterfly
San Clemente Loggerhead Shrike
San Diego Fairy Shrimp
San Esteban Island Chuckwalla (reptile)
San Francisco Garter Snake
San Joaquin Kit Fox
San Marcos Gambusia
Sand Gazelle
Santa Cruz Long-toed Salamander
Sao Miguel Bullfinch
Saudi Arabian Gazelle
Scaly-tailed Possum
Scarlet-breasted Robin
Scarlet-chested Parakeet
Schaus Swallowtail Butterfly
Scioto Madtom
Sclater's Monal Pheasant
Sei Whale
Semper's Warbler
Serow
Seychelles Fody
Seychelles Kestrel
Seychelles Lesser Vasa Parrot
Seychelles Magpie-robin
Seychelles Paradise Flycatcher
Seychelles Scops Owl
Seychelles Turtle Dove
Seychelles Warbler
Seychelles White-eye
Shansi Sika Deer
Shapo (mammal)
Shark Bay Mouse
Shasta Crayfish
Shenandoah Salamander
Shiny Pigtoe Mussel
Shinyrayed Pocketbook
Short-tailed Albatross
Short-tailed Chinchilla (Chinchilla)
Shortnose Sturgeon
Shortnose Sucker
Shortridge's Mouse
Shou
Siamang
Siamese Crocodile
Sianloan Jaguarundi
Siberian Crane (Siberian White C.)
Sichuan Snub-nosed Monkey
Silver Rice Rat (Rice Rat)
Singapore Roundleaf Horseshoe Bat
Slender Campeloma
Slender-billed Grackle
Slender-horned Gazelle
Small Kauai Thrush (Puaiohi)
Smith's Blue Butterfly
Smoky Madtom
Smoky Mouse
Snake River Physa Snail
Snow Leopard
Sockeye Salmon
Socorro Isopod
Socorro Springsnail
Sokoke Scops-owl (Morden's Owlet)
Solitary Tinamou
Sonoran Pronghorn
Sonoran Tiger Salamander
South American Red-lined Turtle
South American River Turtle (Tartaruga)
South American Tapir
South Andean Huemul
South China Sika Deer
Southern Acornshell
Southern Bearded Saki
Southern Clubshell
Southern Pigtoe Mussel
Southern Planigale
Southern River Otter
Southwestern Willow Flycathcer
Spanish Imperial Eagle
Spanish Lynx
Speckled Pocketbook
Sperm Whale
Spider (species not named)
Spider Monkey 2 sp.
Spotted Linsang
Spotted Pond Turtle
Spruce-fir Moss Spider
St. Andrew Beach Mouse
St. Croix Ground Lizard
St. Lucia House Wren
St. Lucian Parrot
St. Vincent Parrot
Steelhead
Steller Sea-lion
Stirrupshell
Straight-horned Markhor
Sumatran Rhinoceros
Swamp Deer
Swayne's Hartebeest
Swinhoe's Pheasant

Tahiti Flycatcher
Taita Thrush
Tamaraw
Tampico Pealymussel
Tana River Mangabey
Tana River Red Colobus (Monkey)
Tan Riffleshell
Tar River Spinymussel
Tasmanian Forester Kangaroo
Tasmanian Tiger
Temminck's Ground Pangolin
Texas Blind Salamander
Thailand Giant Catfish
Thick-billed Parrot
Thin-spined Porcupine
Thyolo Alethe
Tidewater Goby
Tiger Cat
Tiger
Tonkin Leaf Monkey (Francois' Langur)
Tonkin Snub-nosed Monkey
Tooth Cave Ground Beetle
Tooth Cave Pseudoscorpion
Tooth Cave Spider
Topeka Shiner
Tora Hartebeest
Totoaba Seatrout
Triangular Kidneyshell
Tricarinate Hill Turtle (Three-keeled Asian T.)
Trinidad White-headed Curassow
Tristam's Woodpecker
Tulotoma Snail
Turbercled Blossom (Pearlymussel)
Turgid-blossom Pearly Mussel
Turquoise Parakeet

Uakari (all species) 2 spp.
Unarmored Threespine Stickleback
Uncompahgre Fritillary Butterfly
Upland Combshell
Urial
Utah Valvata Snail

Vancouver Island Marmot
Vaquita (Cochito)
Vernal Pool Tadpole Shrimp
Verreaux's Sifaka
Vesper Cave Spider
Vicuna
Vinaceous-breasted Parrot
Virgin Islands Tree Boa
Virgin River Chub
Virginia Big-eared Bat
Virginia Fringed Mountain Snail
Virginia Northern Flying Squirrel
Visayan Spotted Deer
Volcano Rabbit

Walia Ibex
Warm Springs Pupfish
Watercress Darter
Watling Island Ground Iguana
West African Ostrich
Western Barred Bandicoot
Western Bristlebird
Western Giant Eland
Western Mouse
Western Rufous Bristlebird
Western Swamp Turtle (Short-necked T.)
Western Tragopan Pheasant
Western Whipbird
White Catspaw (Pearlymussel)
White River Spinedace
White River Springfish
White Sturgeon
White Wartyback Pearlymussel
White-breasted Thrasher
White-collared Mangabey
White-eared Pheasant
White-naped Crane
White-necked Crow
White-necked Rockfowl
White-nosed Saki
White-winged Cotinga
White-winged Guan
White-winged Wood Duck
Whooping Crane
Wild Yak
Winged Mapleleaf (mussel)
Wood Bison
Wood Stork
Woodland Caribou
Woundfin
Wyoming Toad

Yaqui Chub
Yarkand Deer
Yellow Blossom (Pearlymussel)
Yellow Fody (Rodrigues F.)
Yellow Monitor
Yellow-footed Rock Wallaby
Yellow-shouldered Blackbird
Yellow-spotted Sideneck Turtle (Tracaja)
Yellow-tailed Woolly Monkey
Yuma Clapper Rail
Yunnan Snub-nosed Monkey

Zanzibar Red Colobus
Zanzibar Suni
Zayante Band-winged Grasshopper

mjshroomer

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited March 05, 2001).]

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 05 2001,05:51

And for those here at Spiritplants, I now post four images of Bufo alvarius for those who might be in the area where they are noted from.

(MJ's NOTE of Aug 21, 2002: THE Map image was removed by the management)

MJ: And I should post this other map of the region which the toads reside in.

[img]http://forums.spiritplants.com/gallery/artgalleries/member/bufotoadimage1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forums.spiritplants.com/gallery/artgalleries/member/bufotoadimage2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forums.spiritplants.com/gallery/artgalleries/member/bufotoadimage3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forums.spiritplants.com/gallery/artgalleries/member/bufotoadimage4.jpg[/img]

And I might add that maybe New Mexico has it listed as a group two species, that has nothing to do with Arizona to and including the Mexican state of Sonora, Mexico which is its range. It has never been an abundant toad in California or New Mexico for that matter.

Mjshroomer

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited March 05, 2001).]

Gama Showa

Posted: Mar. 05 2001,11:32

mjshroomer
Did you not read my post or were you too stupid to understand it?

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 05 2001,11:49

Si! Mi mucho stupido el loco une crazyo.
comprende,

Kempton

caffiene junkie

Posted: Mar. 05 2001,16:01

MJ- this is your forum...
so, why am I moderating it?
Please people, get your 5meo at the store.
Leave the toadies alone.
nuff said.

UNREGISTERED

N/A

Posted: Mar. 08 2001,11:01

This topic has been re-opened to further discussion. Tread carefully...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PAGE 3:
Aln8bawanots

Posted: Mar. 08 2001,12:15

Is this Bufo toad some new kind of spirit plant?
Perhaps this conversation belongs on the "Spirit Toads" forum

While I am firmly against people using toad excretion in any way, I do have to say....

... MAN, those toads look trippy! Geez, just by looking at them you can tell that they are immensely stoned themselves.

Perhaps instead of smoking toad excretion interested parties should meditate upon the toads, then they can be reborn as Bufo toads in their next lifetime and spend their entire lifecylce enjoying their auto-hallucinogenicity.

[This message has been edited by Aln8bawanots (edited March 08, 2001).]

Arkansas Traveler

no carpetbagger here!

Posted: Mar. 08 2001,17:31

Don't know about these toads, but I saw part of a documentary once on cane toads in Australia.
They will eat anything that moves, up to a certain size. They showed a big one zapping a ping-pong ball with his tongue and swallowing it.
They will attempt to copulate with almost anything. A male will mount for hours a female whose head has been squished and is rotting in the sun. It showed one getting it on with a boot someone was wearing. A man complained that they were killing the fancy goldfish in his pond: the toads on the banks would notice some movement underwater, jump on the goldfish, and attempt to rape it.
These guys were so loaded with tryptamines it was pathetic. Quite toxic, too, to predators.

Gama Showa

Posted: Mar. 09 2001,00:22

I hope people do read this entire thread, despite the irrelevant bullshit lists and stream-of-unconsciousness blather that mjshroomer has cluttered it with.
Just because the government does not list this toad as "endangered" meaning "just about extinct" does not mean that it is not endangered in the sense we would all understand. Amphibians worldwide are disappearing for reasons that are not understood. The ecology of this species is not understood.

You have harassed wild animals in many countries, you say, mjshroomer? I don't see that as a defence of your actions. If you think that you rebelled in the Sixties so you could be a toad-raping asshole when you got senile I pity your misunderstanding.

dissident

Ugly American

Group: Moderators
Posted: Mar. 09 2001,01:47

'toad-raping asshole' LOL!!!!

you people kill me.....

--------------
"Left home with a friend of mine...gone two years and I dont know why...Now I'm happy, all the time.....can't think and I'm feeling fine...." Devo, 'Going Under'

laughingwillow

SPF Wishing Tree

Posted: Mar. 09 2001,04:41

gs: Sounds like someone has been hanging out in the "bulk nut" isle of the local health food store a bit too much lately.
It takes the consumption of life to sustain life. Period.

We Homo sapiens have a tendency to project ourselves as being "above" the rest of the flora and fauna living on the planet. The truth is, we are part of the eco-system.

That plant matter which you so rightously chew was once alive and conscious. This, I have learned from consuming psychedelics, which were once also alive and conscious in their own right.

We wipe out an uncountable number of micro-organisms with every step we take across the face of this planet. Does this mean we should grow roots? Btw, what is perceived as "micro" by us may well be considered "king of the hill" in their reality.

While I agree that mankind is doing our best to fuck up this planet, please realize that as long as you draw a breath, you too are part of the problem.

Life is a dirty business, but prolly better than the alternative.

lw

ps: I never once saw mj mention anything about having sex with the toadies in question, or hitting them over the head, for that matter.

[This message has been edited by laughingwillow (edited March 09, 2001).]

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 09 2001,04:57

Hey Gamma Showa,
What do you mean by i said that "I had harrassed wild animals in many countries?

mj

I never have harrassed an animal in my life.

However I do take fotos of dead animals. I have photographed dead pocupines in New Mexico, Armandillos in Texas and Louisianna, and dead turtles in Wisconsin and in Minnesota.

I have also photographed a dead bear, deer, Bufo toads by the hundreds in Hawaii, dead mongooses and dead snakes and even the unborned fetus of a dead youg female doe deer, But no Laughing Willow, I have never gotten head by a toadie or cracked one over their head.

Except for the deer my father made me shoot in Wisconsin when I was 11. Of course that was no fun at all. But then most boys usually lean towards their daddies
I do not like any killing of any animals and never have endorsed that killing.

On the other hand Gama showa, I have eaten fried grasshoppers on a Pizza Hut Pizza in Georgetown on the Island of Penang in Malaysia and I have had chocolate covered ants, but I have not harrassed any wild animals so if you do not know what you are talking about then I suggest you keep you mouth shut about my personal life which you know nothing about and of which I have no complaints about.

{img]innards1.jpg[/img]

mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited March 09, 2001).]

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 10 2001,06:01

WEll I wish to thank Eddy or Kempton or whoefver took it upon theirselves to reinstate the gland photos and the toad images. The map, oh well. Beaue these items were replaced I will not post the five maps of locations for actual collections and I will not post the address of two shps where one can actually purchased the toads, seeing as how I got fracked pretty cool here.
And please do not asked me where to buy the toads because I do not need to go through this shit again.

ANd some of you may not like me but it is not my purpose in life to be liked by those who ojject to what i do or have done.

Yes I too have a lot of data and information store in my files, over twenty-five years of thousands of pages on wntheogenic plants, including colose to 14 more new species of psilocybian fungi, already for an update on my paper with Guzman and Gartz, and I have other information now that I will never post and will remain stored until I die, rather than share some other items which I would also probably be flamesd if I posted the information.

So To those of you who appreciate what i post fine and to those who do not like some things aI post, well that is your problem, not mine.

Have a shroomy day,

Mj

mjshroomer

Posted: Mar. 12 2001,05:08

Well it seems that management here at spiritplants has ask me to clean up these Bufo threads.
Since I am opposed to censorship I have decided to leave the threads as they stand since I myself have been censored here I personally cannot censor anyone else because everyone here has a right to their opinions.

Thus I will now close this thread and leave it as it stands.

It the management decides to promote further action in this matter then they can either delete the thread or remove it or do as they please with it.

I think it is time to move on and all of us, me included need to tone down our anger at one another and refrain from personal attacks. Because that is not why we are all here.

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited March 12, 2001).]

UNREGISTERED

N/A

Posted: Mar. 12 2001,09:49

Uh... thanks Mj. But that PM is like a week old. And just asked you to remove self-incriminating remarks. Everything seems fine now, Thanks!
(Ew, shucks, theres another eggshell laying there, almost stepped on it. Who left all these things laying around?)

Eddy

[This message has been edited by Eddy (edited March 12, 2001).]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Well Mycotopians, that is it for me on this subject. Any further discussion is open for discussion by all of you who are interested in these pages.

have a shroomy day and may it be a toadily fascinating adventure.

mj

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 04:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we're alot alike, mj,
and we both have taken alot of heat
over the years at various sites,
and we both speak our minds plainly,
garnering us many enemies.
but you know you are always welcome
wherever i have any say.

it might be worth mentioning that spiritpants is run by eddy, the same admin as at theforestfloor,
which certainly explains all the hostility and negativity around there, imo.

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 05:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hm Eddy must have done something to the images because they did not appear Hippie3.

Thanks for the support,

mj

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 05:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here are the missing pics.

steveoi812 (Ustabcidhead)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 05:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lmao at that part about tweaking the babes nipple. You are funny mj thanx for all of the interesting info...

Bill Clynton (Interested)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 08:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bufo alvarius is the united states largest toad.

Admin (Admin)
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 01:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey mj, found your toad thread.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: