MOE'S OUTDOOR GROWING TEK Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Outdoor Cubie Cultivation MOE'S OUTDOOR GROWING TEK Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Nilla (Nilla)
Username: Nilla

Post Number: 629
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 07:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im starting a outdoor bed soon and would like to hear from those who have experience with them.
Your prefered tek and tips exc.

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 07:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MOE'S OUTDOOR GROWING TEK

Temps: DO RESEARCH ON THE TYPE OF MUSHROOM YOU WANT TO GROW.
(regular cubies: 60-100 degs works well)

Strength: better get ready to some muscle work.

Water: a hose or someway to get the freakin water to the outdoor patch

Manure: any kind will do. I get the cheap bag from walmart. Regular manure, nothing fancy if you can get it fresh.. yaay.

Hay.. soaked for 24hours: regular HAY. Nothing fancy, nothing special. Any kind of hay. Wheat, grass, whatever.. freaking HAY

okay?...

A shady spot... near a tree or where there is ....SHADE. nothing special if light gets to it part of the day.. it's ok.

A shovel for digging

A rake for raking

A rubermaid tub or a trashcan to soak the hay in.

A a brick to put on top of the hay when you soak it.. (duh, hay floats)

Some colonized cakes( fresh ones works best...spent one can be used and should never be put in the trash). Substrate doesnt matter.. cakes are damn cakes! this will be the spawn for the patch.

Directions:

1. dig a hole about 6 inches deep. It can be as wide as you want if you have a shitload of cakes to bury or just want a big patch.

2. if you have MORE THAN ONE CAKE crumble one and toss in the newly dug hole. If you have one cake, break it in half and crumble a half in the hole. (remember, the MORE spawn the BETTER have more than one cake ).

3. Take some of the soaked hay right from the soaking container and cover the crumbled cakes. Pack it in there..

4. Take the manure and make a layer over the hay. cover it all and not too deep about an inch.

5. Place some more hay on the dookie you just laid down about an inch.

6. Place cakes on the hay you just laid. This is the important step. For fast fruits, it's good to have a shitload of spawn near the surface of the earth so that it can just "pickup where it left off" and start consuming the new nutrients and fruit.

7. Place hay on the cakes... not too much! dont drown the cakes in hay in this step. Get the cakes covered and let some of the cakes show thru the hay.

8. Do a dookie, hay and earth mix on the ground. The ratio? Not too much shit and not too much dirt. The hay doesn't matter, just mix it.. Use the shoveled dirt and mix all 3 up reeeeel guuuud.

9. Rake the mixture over the hay you just laid. Don't cover more than 2 inches it's okay if the patch bulges above the ground.

10. cover with a thin layer of hay and water but don't drown it unless you live in arizona.

REMEMBER:

All shrooms started outside in nature ... so, when deciding to start outdoor cultivation project...the question is not.. "Hey what strain is good for outdoor cultivation?". Think about the weather conditions that you are attempting to grow in.. It's like asking... What kind of penguin is good to raise outdoors?" DUH? Most penguins are from the south pole. So if you live in Mexico City, think about the question you just asked ..get where I'm going at with this? DO RESEARCH on the type of shroom that you are attempting to grow.
R E A D.. L E A R N

from...http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23355

(Message edited by admin on April 03, 2004)
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Nilla (Nilla)
Username: Nilla

Post Number: 630
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 07:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dirtywop's sounds good too.
Have you had experience with either?

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 08:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The above post works spawned with used laundry baskets as well.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Burnt (Burnt)
Username: Burnt

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 09:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nilla a friend of mine had a lot of success with outdoor beds last summer. he used psilocybe cubensis somewhere in i beleive north east US climate (not sure strain). but anyway he said what he did was dig some holes out big enough to fit large trays in them he probaly poked holes in the trays as well im not sure though. he innoculated many many jars somehwere around 50 i really dont remember though. i think he just used coco and verm as a casing although im sure itll work better with straw/dung etc. but other then that he just covered it with a tarp watered it until it was time to fruit. he said hes never seen mushrooms go so crazy they were massive and his yields were lbs. he found crazy bugs crawling around the base of mycelium too which is neat. but yea i dont remember all the specifics to what he did but he was kinda just doing what made sense in nature. i think key would be to use alot of spawn so that your organism is dominate and on top and strong enough to take on anything until it fruits like mad.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 16638
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 01:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archives Outdoor Cubie Cultivation

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: