Edibles: PF cakes --> Chronic Tek: Ex... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms Edibles: PF cakes --> Chronic Tek: Experiments: Growlog Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Username: Cleanjar

Post Number: 775
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Mycotopia,

Here are a couple pictures (with more to come) of my projects:

This was my methodry behind the madness:

Four edible cultures on petri dishes were obtained:
Reishi
Shiitake
Lions Mane
King Oyster

From the colonized petri plates, inside of a sterilized bin (a quick glovebox), i sucked the mycelium from the dishes into 4 seperate syringes with sterilized water in them.

Then i prepared 4 Karo jars, and innoculated each of them with the 4 species floating in syringes of sterilized water.
-The Karo seemed to work well for all 4 species btw.

Then i waited a week or so for the Karo jars to show growth, and then sucked up a good amount into 4 more sterilized syringes.

Then, knocked up some PF tek Brown Rice Flour / Vermiculite jars.. and waited a few weeks for them to fully colonize.

Then put them into quart jar terraniums (didn't dunk them but i should have), chronic tek style; and waited another week or two and so-far here are the begining of mushroom growth.

2 pictures, The first one is the Lions Mane:

Upload

The second one (hard to see through the foggy), is the King Oyster shroom:

Upload

Pretty cool eh? Look at those Lions Manes !~

Anyways, thanks everybody, 1st and foremost, thanks to the member who traded me these excellent cultures (from a Stamets seminar, la-dee-da), and also thanks everyone else who took the time a while back to help discuss this project.

I'll post more pictures later in the week, hopefully the mushrooms will be fully grown by then.

One more question,,, how am i supposed to get my mushrooms out of the jars now? They appear to be trapped inside of quart jars, quart jars w/o wide-mouth lids..you see?

Keep shroomin,
Cjar
If you think you know,
And talk like you do,
You probably don't.

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Username: Cleanjar

Post Number: 776
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh and i forgot to mention, the Reishi possibly contaminated somewhere along the way, and also the shiitake i think.

We've already seen shiitakes done on PF cakes; i would assume that the reishi could perform well on them also.
If you think you know,
And talk like you do,
You probably don't.

Joe Millionaire (Rotterdam_y2k)
Username: Rotterdam_y2k

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Username: Mycophil

Post Number: 954
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 01:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

far out
would that be strain dependant ,the results , or should this be possible with any lions mane or king oyster ?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

charlie (Xxxx)
Username: Xxxx

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool project

The getting them out thing is why I think
inverted deli containers are preferable to
jars! (Of course wide mouth would have
helped.) :-)