WOW.. almost there: 2 liter plastic c... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads WOW.. almost there: 2 liter plastic coke bottle terrarium Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

azar (Azar)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 04:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok.. i have 4 jars going... 2 of them are all white.. the other two.. quarter size white balls.. they didnt have as much spores... lets forget about those 2.

I say it has been about 3 weeks maybe.. I should start seeing pins soon right? What would be the easiest.. cheapest fruiting chamber to create? will a shoe box work?

And.. I have always bought my spores for sporeworks.com. Would anyone say there is a better place? or do most peepz get there shit from there.

Thanks. azar

joey ramone (Joey99652)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 04:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a shoebox will not work.
u need something airtight that will hold moisture.
certainly the cheapest most non maitneance way to go about it would be the invitro tek.
or a tub with some perlite.
sporeworks is on the recommended spore vendor list, so u should be a-ok there.
pins are soon to come, if youve waited a week since you had 100% colonization and still dont have pins by all means go ahead and birth you'll be just fine

happy growing

invitro tek

steveoi812 (Ustabcidhead)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 04:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well I dont know about the shoe box. Maybe a rubbermaid bin with a tight lid will do. I dont know if thats what you meant. Just use a 2 inch layer of soaked drained perlite on the bottom of it. Birth the jars dunk and do the double ended casing tek. This point in time you should start exposing your jars to light everyday(this is induces pinning). Most people I've asked say to delay birthing at least a week after 100% colonization in order to insure growth in the middle of the cakes.OHIATEONETOO... ps as for sporeworks I havent used their syringes but from what I hear the are a lil pricey on their shit. Just my 2 cents though. I hope I've helped.

azar (Azar)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 04:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow do you go through then steve. i am going to order anyays.. question though.. i only wanna buy 1 or maybe 2 syringes.. mazetapec,treasure coast,or pes hawaiian. = ) which ones?

yea tubberwear will work for fruiting.. i thought i shouldnt dunk until after the first flush?

Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 05:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry buddy that was thesporetradingpost. hehe honest mistake. Once again sorry

Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 05:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

also I hear that the ha's are great flushers and I did a lil reading on dunking in the archives a few people dunk just to make sure that the cake has enough moisture to get through the first flush(although you might not have to)the d-e casing tek might be fine 4 you. What strain are you working with by the way?

azar (Azar)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 06:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmm..maz and a spore print that doesnt have a label.. i also have treasure coast print,taz print, but those arent being used yet

Dr. Cubensis (Shroomzilla)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 07:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Just curious Azar,
How are you going to fruit these cakes?
What have you decided to do?

Since you only have two cakes, I would suggest
that you use 2 two liter bottles to fruit them.
It is the easiest, cheapest way I know how to
fruit cakes successfully when you don't have much to work with...

Lemme know if you are interested in this method and I will get the tek posted here.

Good Luck!
Dr. C.

azar (Azar)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 06:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whats up dr. c. i was thinking abuot using like milk jugs or 2 litter containers like last week. it just went right over my head.. damn pothead.
that would be great if you wanted to post the tek on the TEK page. I'm sure there are newbies just like me that would use it. thanks

-azar

big slick (Baddaboom)
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 08:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Azar look up the chronic tek

Inplace of qt mason jars use qt pickle jars (eat the pickles)

Inplace of pvc risers use plastic shower curtain rings (99 cents for 12 at wallmart)

I have used the chronic tek alot and although I have not done it with pickle jars yet I am sure it would work.

Dr. Cubensis (Shroomzilla)
Posted on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 02:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" Swiped from the MMGG "

Peace..

Dr.C.

Materials needed:

2 liter plastic coke bottle
razor knife

This terrarium is made by cutting a section out of a 2 liter coke bottle. This serves two purposes. First, it allows you to put a fully colonized
rice cake inside the bottle. The second purpose is it allows the volume of the bottle to be reduced to the point where the moistness of the rice
cake can keep it humid.

Remove a section of the bottle using the razor knife. The cut on the lower part of the bottle is not very critical. The top cut is more difficult
to do correctly. It needs to be right at the point where the bottle is starting to decrease in diameter. This is because the top part of the bottle
is going to be inserted into the bottom part of the bottle and the two sections need to seal tightly.

The best thing to do is start lower than the diagram indicates and cut small sections off until the top piece of the bottle fits snugly and easily
into the bottom section. Once you locate the correct place to cut for the type of bottle you are using, you can simply cut at the same place and
make multiple bottles to handle as many cakes as you wish to fruit at any time.

The cap for the bottle must be screwed on tightly. A damp paper towel can be placed on the bottom of the bottle to help raise the humidity
inside the bottle. Twice a day the bottle should be opened to allow new air to be available for the rice cake to consume. It is best to fan the rice
cake to insure new air is surrounding the cake before sealing it back in the bottle. This is the major draw back to this terrarium. If you have
a dozen cakes it can become a burden to exchange the air twice a day.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 02:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might also check out
Archives: Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms: Projects: 2 liter terrarium?
Hope this helps :)

Archive material to 2 liter terrarium.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: