Easy as Paris Hilton Outdoor Tek Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Outdoor Cubie Cultivation Easy as Paris Hilton Outdoor Tek Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

grasshopper wilkins (Triked)
Username: Triked

Post Number: 306
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 05:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is for people who dont have easy access to straw and cow shit, like me. and gets you and extra 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of dry shrooms from spent cakes.
you want to start this project when the temp doesnt drop below 60 or 65 at night and the humidity stays above 80 or 85 percent during the day.

Upload
I put contamed/used cakes into trash bag and crush them into little marble sized pieces.
Upload
make a 65/35 coco-coir/verm. mixture
Upload
i clear an area that is suitable to fruit in of debris and cover the area with dry and semi-dry leaves then mist them lightly, doesnt seem to matter much what kind of leaves you use. i just mix a whole bunch of different kinds together. this aids in good air circulation to the myc. and for drainage during heavy rain.
Note: a good fruiting spot is one that gets very little to no direct sunlight throughout the day, and doesnt really get above 85 degrees. a patch of ferns works perfect. use common sense.
Upload
dump crushed substrate onto leaves and make as level as possible.
Upload
case with about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch layer of coco-coir/verm. if you dont have coco-coir you can shred dry leaves in a coffee grinder into verm. size particles and make a 30/30/40 mixture of composted soil/ground dry leaf/verm.
Upload
I like to throw some more leaves on top to disguise it a little.
Upload
you wouldnt even know it was there.
Upload
and in about a week you have shrooms.

Mist whenever the coir starts looking dry, as in goes from dark brown to light brown.
You can also mix dry crushed leaves into the the trash bag full of substrate.

(Message edited by triked on April 22, 2004)
"Little boy lost takes himself so seriously. Brags of his misery, he likes to live life dangerously." -Bob Dylan

Dr.Pepper (Sluggo)
Username: Sluggo

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 07:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload
Rome is falling so have a good time!

Dems (Dems)
Username: Dems

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 10:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

REALY

richie rich (Gt_god)
Username: Gt_god

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 04:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think hip will add this to the archives under OUTDOORS. I also noticed decaying leaves work magic on outdoor patches. Good info

Nilla (Nilla)
Username: Nilla

Post Number: 652
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your using just one strain right?
Is it any old strain of cake or just one strain worth of cakes?

Post Number: 309
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i used an old one strain flat cake. but if you use more than one strain just make one half the casing one strain and the other half the other strain.like in sections not all mixed together in one bag.
mixing them all together and making one casing of two mixed strains seems to contam easier for some reason.
"Little boy lost takes himself so seriously. Brags of his misery, he likes to live life dangerously." -Bob Dylan

Nilla (Nilla)
Username: Nilla

Post Number: 653
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanx, thats what i thought.
Different strains will fight each other.
Nice tek by the way;)

Post Number: 311
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 05:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank You

harry m stevens (Rockawayrooms)
Username: Rockawayrooms

Post Number: 757
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 08:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

geat job grasshopper thanks for sharing!
bright light almost blindin'
black night still keep shinin'
i can't stop, keep on climbin'
looking for what i knew!!!l.zeppelin

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 17512
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 07:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice write-up
there are many ways to improvise on this,
archive material

Post Number: 314
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 05:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Username: Cleanjar

Post Number: 791
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 02:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Impressive grow-work. 'Very in-tune with the mycelium, confident to use spent cakes, no fear of contaminants, love it.

....Looks like you might be in florida or another close gulf-state (judging from recognizable outdoor fawna).?

Ditto on what dr. pepper and darth vader said, fuckin awesome.

Post Number: 332
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 03:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i like to scratch all the verm off the tops and/or bottoms of the used cakes. in the pic i have of the substrate it looks like theres alot of verm in there but its actually ground leaves and coco-coir. leaving alot of vermiculite in with the substrate leads to more contams.

and if the contam green mold cut the part off that is infected with green mold. you dont need get all of it just enough to give the myc a head start. the only contam that has ever killed an outdoor bed for me is green mold, that shits deadly. if you see green mold in an outdoor bed put hydrated lime directly on the spot that has the mold on it.

there are no rules to growing outdoors. and by no means to have to follow this to a T to get results. just a blue print or something.

(Message edited by triked on April 26, 2004)

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 03:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very nice

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: