PCing bags and the melting that ensues Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters PCing bags and the melting that ensues Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

dat-jerk-from-triplehelix (Tyler_durden)
Username: Tyler_durden

Post Number: 447
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 07:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are some of your methods for preventing the sides of the bags melting while cooking autoclavable bags? Pillow case?
"You are not your website"

Jlo - Ben (Jloben)
Intermediate Member
Username: Jloben

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wet old bath towel.
You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe. -Carl Sagan

Marvin Martian (Marvinm92)
Username: Marvinm92

Post Number: 507
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 12:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use a wet towel also... Important to wet the towel first, as it will soak up the PC's water and may run into problems... I also put some pint lid bands around the sides of the towel, this way the towel isn't touching all the way around... Pillow case would work too, even though it is thinner...

Make sure the bag and towel don't end up covering your steam release on top... KABOOM!
HAPPY EASTER! :-)

Post Number: 448
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 02:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tried the towel..worked great!
thanks !

DieCommie (Diecommie)
Username: Diecommie

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow the bags i use never melt and it touches the PC. I got my bags from Associated Bag Co. for free!

Post Number: 450
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 12:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice....do they have the self-healing injector sites?
www.triplehelixspores.com

brainbreath (Newbie3)
Intermediate Member
Username: Newbie3

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 04:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've gone through more than 1000 bags and have never had one melt I don't use the kind with the self healing injector sites though.

Marvin Martian (Marvinm92)
Username: Marvinm92

Post Number: 509
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do homemade mycobags, will oven bags, and they will melt w/o something around them...
HAPPY EASTER! :-)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 18331
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to bags