Outdoor Patch Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Outdoor Cubie Cultivation Outdoor Patch Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

joe dirt (Davros)
Username: Davros

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 01:38 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wanted to share some pics of my first attempt at outdoor growing. I had a B+ casing become contaminated with some back and green mold. Was about to toss it and then decided to put it outdoors. I made a small hole and laid the casing brick in it. Then I crumbled horse manure on top of it. Finally the wood chips and dirt that were already there were raked over the top. I just noticed these a couple of days ago.

Upload

Upload

Upload

"I've traveled to 201 countries, including Hell, and the strangest thing I ever saw was Man."

Robert Leroy Ripley

Harry Shaddocks (Hellosidney2010)
Advanced Member
Username: Hellosidney2010

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 02:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice, outdoor grows are always lots of fun. I myself am having fun this year and hope at the end of the season to unveil an interesting new tek. Take care and keep growing, Sidney.

Look to yourself for answers and you will not be wanting. Takaun Soho

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 19343
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 02:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice pix
and nice save.
archive material

Happy Trails (Roomtoshroom)
Username: Roomtoshroom

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 03:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Then I crumbled horse manure on top of it

Was the horse manure composted or fresh? Someone just gave me a bag of straw and horse manure mixed but it is somewhat fresh....
Also, how long between when you put the bed in and when you took the pics?

(Message edited by roomtoshroom on May 18, 2004)

joe dirt (Davros)

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 11:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The horse manure was about 2 months old when I collected it. I soaked it for a few hours and then let it dry in the sun, as the teks in the archives say to do. I had put the casing and manure in the bed about a month and a half ago. There was some cold weather between now and then, so that may have slowed things down a bit. The bed is only about 12" X 9". I had watered it some, but had kind of given up on it until I noticed pins a couple of days ago. Those pics were taken yesterday. It rained some last night and a LOT today. Here's what I saw when I got home today.

Upload

Upload

Upload

"I've traveled to 201 countries, including Hell, and the strangest thing I ever saw was Man."

Robert Leroy Ripley

Advanced Member

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 11:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If this is your first outdoor grow wait till you get a true nature giant the kind you could shilac and use for a tobagon on the slopes this winter I will try to get my camera working in time for my next monster and post a pic for you to see. I have 9 large patches going right now, and one huge patch that is about 8' feet in diameter I just finished setting it up that large of an area took forever to colonize, but the result should be beautiful, pics will be forthcoming. Let it grow, Sidney.

yfrefje (Booger)
Username: Booger

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 02:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, great pics man
ive never done the out door grow but with pics like that it adds a bit more encouragement...

keep up the great work

Dr_fungus (Dr_fungus)
Username: Dr_fungus

Post Number: 176
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 03:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats!Those are some gorgeous fruits.
I commend you on a job well done. I wish my current location could permit me to go outdoor.
"Freedom is not something that anybody can be given; freedom is something people take and people are as free as they want to be."
-James Baldwin

joe (Philemon)
Username: Philemon

Post Number: 114
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 05:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's awesome.

Roc (Rochester)
Username: Rochester

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 03:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice work!

Thankz for sharin

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 19388
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 03:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very pretty in nature eh ?
those would make a nice picnic lunch for two.

DrEdZ (Dlox421)
Intermediate Member
Username: Dlox421

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 01:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol haha good thinkin hip, i like your style... but anyways talking of outdoor patches just through a couple of cakes (12) into a compost pile consisting of some high quality pottin soil which has sat outside from previuse marijuana attemps layered with peat moss and coarse sand.. i doubt anything will happen but it kept me busy for a lil bit lol.. boredom sucks... boredom leads to drugs as a matter of fact...
I flip when I kick it trippin it
So I can check shit not in a daily style
But once in every while so I can
File check file check the files of my brain
Many of meaning manage to come from the insane

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 19446
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 01:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

proly won't get much but a few stragglers are possible, i used to routinely toss old cakes onto a big pile of discarded pot soil mix and every now and then got a nice surprise freebie.

joe dirt (Davros)

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 03:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was surprised when I saw those because I had not put much time or effort into the bed. Next time I will though. Will these be safe to eat, considering the mold that was on the casing?

Robert Leroy Ripley

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 19462
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 03:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Will these be safe to eat, considering the mold that was on the casing?

they look healthy to me
so chow down.

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 06:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could be your taster, lol. Enjoy, Sidney.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: