Hyphal knots, primordia, pins Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive FAQ : Frequently Asked Questions Hyphal knots, primordia, pins Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 2402
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 12:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're still seeing a lot of posts asking what the earliest stages of pinning look like. I thought these would help some of the new members know what to look for. These pix will show you the full transition from hyphal knot through primordia, to pin formation. Hope they help out.
Upload

Here's a bit closer view of primordia morphing into pins.
Upload

Here's one more. Sorry for the large size, but the transition from primordia to pins is hard to see on a small jpeg.
Upload
"Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me". . .jimi hendrix

Roo (Tehuti)
Username: Tehuti

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 12:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pics! Thanks.

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 256
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 12:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 573
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 12:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fantastic shots, Roger.
Hi-ya!

Roo (Tehuti)

Post Number: 167
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 12:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! I still have an orgasm when I see knots on a casing like that... The thrill never ends.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 20078
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to illustrated glossary

Roo (Tehuti)

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The surface structure is also something people new to growing should take note of.

Post Number: 2431
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's peat/verm, 50/50, limed, and raked even after application to fully colonized compost. Since I switched back to peat based casings from coir, the pinsets are much better. Strain: Penis Envy.

saimon (Saimons_k)
Username: Saimons_k

Post Number: 173
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome!
http://www.fsre.org - Free Spore Ring Europe.

Johnnydigital (Johnnydigital)
Intermediate Member
Username: Johnnydigital

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 10:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow.. what kind if camera did you use to get those shots?? I'm a photographer myself, I shoot black and whites in the oldschool way

I know almost nothing about digital cameras, but I want to get one so I can take pics of my boys (thats what my wife calls my mushies... don't get excited!)

Very impressive Roger. How long have you been playing with the Penis? I want to try them next.
"We must find out what words are and how they function.
They become images when written down, but images of words repeated in the mind and not of the image of the thing itself."

joe (Philemon)
Username: Philemon

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 10:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow thats alot of pins... was that a result of cloning?

Post Number: 2451
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 11:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

was that a result of cloning?

No. Strain isolation on agar.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discuscgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?t pc=5&post=133501#POST133501

This was the best fruiting strain out of 13 that were isolated from one drop squeezed out of a spore syringe from The Hawks Eye. Nine of the thirteen strains were non-fruiting. Of the four that did fruit, two were mediocre at best, and the other good fruiting strain is the PE #3 here.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discuscgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?t pc=7747&post=204197#POST204197

Post Number: 2453
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 12:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew I could find this pic if I looked hard enough. Had to search five different computers, but finally found it. It lets you see the different types of mycelia. These are the 13 isolates from that one drop of solution. Of the above, only the 3, 4, 6, and 13(bottom center with the smudge) were fruiting strains. If you look closely, they're the only ones with rhizomorphic mycelium. The other nine with cottony mycelium didn't fruit at all. It doesn't always work out that way, but in this instance it did. Hope this helps some of the new agar projects folks have going. These pictures were taken just before the plates were sectioned off and used to inoculate grain masters. Each grain master was divided by g2g into five more, and each was in turn fruited. The best fruiters were then multiplied several more times by g2g to make the casings pictured. My apologies once again for the large jpeg, but when I reduced it further, you couldn't see the mycelial types.
Upload

Roo (Tehuti)

Post Number: 232
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 01:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since I switched back to peat based casings from coir, the pinsets are much better.

Definatly! A much better "structure" to the casing... HA! And people say I am "old fashioned" for using peat based casings.

Roo (Tehuti)

Post Number: 256
Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 01:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love these pics!! Love them love them love them!

I think I am turning into a FUNGISEXUAL...