Contamd cake pinning invitro Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Contams. Contamd cake pinning invitro Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

bdog (Bdog007)
Intermediate Member
Username: Bdog007

Post Number: 63
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok i have a jar that was slightly contamd and i set it on my window sill and forgot about it i just looked at it and its totally covered with myc and its pinning invitro. should i just let it go and after they all grow invitro just break the cake open and see if its still contamd? is it even possible for the myc to oust the contam?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 20081
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'd pick it clean once it's full
and then toss the cake

bdog (Bdog007)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do you think its edible though, if there are contams inside the cake? or would they not even grow if there is still a contam? thanks hip

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 20093
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the shrooms are edible,
the cake is not.
discard any moldy/rotting shroom tissue,
rinse well then dry.
after that they'll be ok

bdog (Bdog007)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 65
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you hippie. this is going to be exciting as this will be my first P.E.'s that i have harvested.

Jake moon (Smoketoker69)
Username: Smoketoker69

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 11:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You said you had it sitting on your window sill, was it directly in the sun?
The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
--Unknown

Johnnydigital (Johnnydigital)
Username: Johnnydigital

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One time I had contamned cakes that were sitting in my room before that have grown over with myc and fruited invitro. got almost 30g of boomers off of them off 1 flush. shrooms were small tho.
"We must find out what words are and how they function.
They become images when written down, but images of words repeated in the mind and not of the image of the thing itself."

bdog (Bdog007)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 05:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah i don't have any doubts that they will be small, as they are in a 1/4 pint jar. not much room to grow there. they're not in direct sunlight. there are trees in the way, but they do get a lot of light. they are mexicub actually. i thought they were PE. thats really cool though b/c the mex syringe was contamd and i thought i was going to have to order another but now i will just take some myc and put it on some agar.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 20221
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 11:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

had contamned cakes that were sitting in my room before that have grown over with myc and fruited invitro.

yeppers,
another nice 'feature' of my mycro-invitro tek,
even mildly contam'd jars will often still yield some.

(Message edited by admin on May 28, 2004)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 20222
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 11:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material