KegLT's 1st grow log Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » Grow Logs » KegLT's 1st grow log « Previous Next »

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

kegluvtractor (Kegluvtractor)
Username: Kegluvtractor

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the newbs out there (like me) i'lll record EVERYTHING, step by step, to give you a good idea of what your first grow will be like. here goes...

I'm using the PF tek, Honey Tek, and double ended inner res. tek. With casings to come also.

GROW LOG

My incubator, you can see the top of the fishtank heater and the little bubble thing is the top of the thermometer thats inside.
My Glove Box

5/28/04 morning – Cooked 5 jars last night in the PC for 1 hour. Inoculated this morning in the glove box. Used plenty of Lysol. “Oasis” strain, bought from a shitty vendor that charges too much. (they’re all cubies, right? ;-))

5/28/04 night – Cooked another 2 after initial inoculation. Inoculated them at 8:30 pm, approx 8 hours of cool down time. They only cooked for 30 minutes, as opposed to 1 hour that the others cooked. They didn’t originally have tape on the holes when they went into the PC, so they may be water logged. Doh. These 2 both have 2 rubber bands. Was originally going to just birth the cakes in a terrarium, but am now considering casing, dunking, and where the hell I’m gonna put these sumbitches.

5/29,30,31/04 – Nada.

6/01/04 morning – Innoculated 2 more jars today, this time with a layer of verm on top and bottom AND an inner reservoir for watering purposes. Also made a jar with honey water and injected approx 1 cc of spore solution into it. My incubator is set at 88oF, with 9 jars and 1 honey tek jar inside. Still no growth.

6/02/02 morning – Saw the first signs of growth on at least 2 jars, maybe 4. YAY! Its been 5 days… woo hoo.

Babies in glove box, ready to be innoculated.

Growth, jars are from original 5, 5 days after innoculation

(Message edited by admin on June 08, 2004)

Not only is that mother big, he packs a .45

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Username: Mycophil

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 12:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks good so far

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

update 6/07 ...

all but two of the jars are colonizing...rapidly.

one of the jars is most likely water logged. the other one (double ended inner res.) hasnt shown any signs yet, but its twin is just getting started. its now been 11 days for the PF jars, and about 7 for the inner res jars..

the honey jar got a little white ball of ooze which i assume is myc growing inside, and i just pumped the other 2 cc's of "oasis" that i had left into it today, because i just received 40 cc's of B+ in the mail ;-)

you can see the two with a layer of straight verm on the bottom, those are the inner res. tek jars. a few days behind the others, we will see if they catch up

going as planned so far i would say. any comments?

(Message edited by kegluvtractor on June 07, 2004)

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shat...anyone know a good free photo hosting site that allows more than 5 mb usage per day? more than 25 pictures?

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ill repost the pics from the first post from another site. mods feel free to delete pics in first post, since it wont let me do it. (more than 420 minutes old?)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 20922
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 07:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

coming along nicely.

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well its now 6/20, and most of my babies are 95% colonized. that last 5% seems to be taking forever.

i've made my terrarium, combination perlite and bubbler.

heres the first colonized cake (the double ended inner res tek jar, which colonized 4-5 days faster than the regular jars) being dunked.

and here it is in the chamber. i let it dunk for 18 hours.

its been a day and a half in the chamber and although there is no condensation on the chamber walls, the cake shows no signs of bluing, so i assume the perlite/bubbler is doing its job.

im about to dunk the only other 100% cake. more pics to come!

Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 11:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the myc in that double ended jar (the one in the chamber) grew so fast and strong that it infiltrated the dry verm layer on the bottom (not completely, id say 50%). could this be because some moisture in the substrate drained down into the layer on bottom? it was just straight verm, no nutrients in it. anyone ever had myc grow like that?

Sublime (Sublime)
Username: Sublime

Post Number: 163
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It has nutrients in the myc already, it will grow as far as it possibly can on any substrate it can find, nevermind just nutrient filled ones. There is probably water there, which that and the temperature makes it possible to grow in it, therefore it does it. Your estimate fo the water having gone down there is likely, at least a little bit anyway.
Good idea having that layer there eh? Saved ya some contams as it has me in the past.
Peace
Character is that which reveals moral purpose, exposing the class of things a man chooses and avoids.

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 06:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

6/25 Update

I'm growing more anxious. I now have 3 cakes in the chamber.

for the 3rd cake, i decided to make i guess a 'mini-casing' in a cup. essentially the cake, not broken up, in a cup surounded by damp verm.

i also took a jar that never colonized (i assumed either too much water or too much food, probably too much water) and opened it up. i emptied half of the substrate out, and then added a chunk of colonized substrate from a jar that appears to have stalled on the botom. (see far right.) then i put a little verm on top and sealed it again.

i also had a jar that i just birthed a cake from sitting there with some myc stuck to it, so i said what the hell, im bored, so i poured a little honey and water into the bottom of the jar. its the one on the far left.

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 07:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well its still 6/25, but i just noticed MY FIRST PINS!! from the double ended inner res tek jar, which colonized 4 days faster, was the first to be birthed, and the first to fruit! YAYYYYYY

now i have a question...how long to maturity? 24 hours or so? this is the most fun part ;-)

rope-like (Lucid1)
Username: Lucid1

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 06:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 to 10 days right? average around 7?

Willy Wonka (Mavtop)
Username: Mavtop

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think like 5 days is close
That is generally
how long my pins take to
Break their veil.

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Username: Sweetness

Post Number: 2429
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"We do not grasp the playing together of opposite forces. Look at the bow and the harp. The invisible meaning of things is more hamronic than the thing been seen." Heraklit

Post Number: 44
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 06:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

6/27

things are starting to get shroomy

Upload

Josh R (Northernlit024)
Username: Northernlit024

Post Number: 115
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 07:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

niiiiiiiice
America, land of the free
Free to the power of the people in uniform
-kmk

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

6/29 update
i harvested my first cake last night.
here they are on the cake...
Upload

here they are layed out...
Upload

here they are being weighed. 36.4 wet grams, which i take to be about an 8th dry. i ate 15 wet grams, then an hour later the other half and watched panic in the streets.

it was the cleanest/best trip i've ever experienced on mushrooms.

Upload

SUCCESS!

grasshopper wilkins (Triked)
Username: Triked

Post Number: 492
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice flush...looking good!
"Little boy lost takes himself so seriously. Brags of his misery, he likes to live life dangerously." -Bob Dylan

Harold Porter (Hellosidney2010)
Username: Hellosidney2010

Post Number: 246
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am getting ready to harvest an invitro flush from about three dozen jars today myself. This is the first time all my jars finished at the same time ever, pretty cool huh? I only hope that all my jars produce as nicely as yours, one looks like it will do really well the others not so hot. Well I just wanted to say that you are having good results and congratulations, Sidney.

Look to yourself for answers and you will not be wanting. Takaun Soho

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 06:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 22107
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey nice flush there,
things worked out very well.
nice grow log too,
archive material in fact.
thx for sharing.

Namaste

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 08:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no prob, thank you guys. can i keep adding to it once in the archives?

chnop35 (Chnop35)
Username: Chnop35

Post Number: 663
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent job, Keg!
I loved my first home grown trip, too!
Keep up the excellent work.

~Keep your feet on the ground~

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 07:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

update 7/06

heres a few pics for yous guys... i've gotten ~10 dry grams so far...just gettin started.

lazy mans grow bag
Upload

some fruiting pics
Upload

lazy mans "dehydrator" aka fan with cardboard shelves attatched to it...took 5 minutes to make
Upload

heres a nice pic of the sunset on the 4th from our independence day festive location...
Upload

Butterfly (Mush1964)
Username: Mush1964

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love your fan-dehydrator, I am going to use that idea.
Your first grow looks excellent!

Life is just one long beautiful flight!

Invader Zim (Spekter)
Username: Spekter

Post Number: 352
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 12:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

note. i always figured about 15-17 wet grams was 3.5 grams dry. thats ime anyway.
"Its not stupid, its advanced" - Tallest

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 12:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well i figure that 10 wet grams is 1-1.3 dry grams... fresh shrooms are 80-90% water, correct?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: