Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Invitro [MycroTeks] Invitro Rules!! Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

faht (Fahtphish)
Username: Fahtphish

Post Number: 1438
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, so Mr. Solly the printman posted on a thread about neglecting invitro jars for a realllly long time. He stated that if you let the jars go long enough they will eventually acquire a 'outter skin' of mushie material.. i had also been experiencing the same thing with the TEXAS strain. I found it pretty darn kewl so i thought i would post some pix... These jars are over three months old and are currently on flush number 7 or 8 or nine.. lol not exactly sure. but they just keep going... strong too! as you can see in the pix they are pinning right now for yet another layer of mushie matter.. there is at least 3/8 inch of mushie goodness all around the cake.. one could probably even use a potato peeler to get it all off. LOL The thing about this that makes it work i believe is the fact that i didn't loosening the lid or remove the tape.. so no air contams are entering the jars which means these mushies don't rot, they just shrivel up and dry.. you can see the 'golden' dryness of the stems in a couple pix. :-) I'm sure the cake 'recycles' some of the earlier flushes' mushies as it goes, but i find it pretty kewl nonetheless. the kewl thing is that mushies are growing off mushies... you can see in the second pic, on the jar that is tilted, right in the middle there is a cluster of new pins forming on an old cap from who knows how many flushes ago. :-)

fahtster

Upload
Upload
Upload

Yo. :-)

Manjotar (Manjotar)
Username: Manjotar

Post Number: 336
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow that seems like a cool way to do it...
an invitro jar pissed me off this morning, it was so packed with mushies that i couldn't get the cake out and ended up crumbling the whole damn thing...

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, these guys aren't comin out without total destruction of the colony. gonna try and let these guyz go until they contam. or errrr... dunno. lol im thinkin great stocking stuffers. :-)

fahtster

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 21601
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking good
if you don want to bother harvesting
just send 'em this way...

Namaste

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hehe.. well eventually i will harvest.. but i just want to see how far they will go and what kind of yield/potency etc. I'm curious to see if the mushies from the earlier flushes still contain a good amount of magic. It would be pretty neat if they just kept giong until the cake was gone and all that was left was mushie matter. hehehe faht chance. :-)

fahtster

(Message edited by fahtphish on June 22, 2004)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 21605
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material [photos for invitro]

Namaste

mycos eleusis (Exshroomer)
Username: Exshroomer

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah! Great Pix!

It's a funny thing, you can shake the crap out of it, knock it on a table like you would when birthing, and nothing happens....but if you have a bit of the cake sticking out from the mouth of the jar, you can get a nice grip on it (slide a butterknife in there too, that'll help), pull and it pops right out! That always happened with mine anyways.

Still waiting on my blue Meanies to pin...it'll be 5 weeks tomorrow since innocing them.....grrrrr!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 21614
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here's a trick that works for glass jars-
run hot water over the glass several seconds,
it will expand a fraction of an inch
enough to let the cake slide out easily.

Namaste

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice. :-)

faht

Dr_fungus (Dr_fungus)
Username: Dr_fungus

Post Number: 256
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW!
That's amazing work your doin
there Faht, keep up the good work.
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?"
-Terrence McKenna

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 393
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 10:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to do a little but a little was to little, so now i do a little more........

Billy (You_know_who)
Username: You_know_who

Post Number: 152
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great! What about the invitro tek shown here awhile back where the guy cut the cakes in quarters, added some wet verm on into the cap and fruited them invitro that way. The shrooms looked easy to get, not jammed up.

and then, what calls for is a bit of invention. How about this - ? Get a block of wood and drill a hole in it just to accomodate the jar top so that it fits tight. Then you can slam it down and the cake and shrooms have to come out enough where you can get ahold of the cake and pull it the rest of the way without destroying it.

Professor Fanaticus

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Intermediate Member
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 56
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone know how good mex-cub fruits invitro?
"I hear colors and see sounds"

JackpotMonkey (Jackpotmonkey)
Username: Jackpotmonkey

Post Number: 301
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Need a ice cream scoop for invitro jars :-)

Solly the Printman (Soliver)
Username: Soliver

Post Number: 992
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've had jars that turned out to be as much as 1/2
Mush material - layer after layer of shrooms, dried and
colonized, etc., etc...

Not sure about potency - I've found invitro fruits to
be more potent overall, but I'm not sure about the layered fruits.
They look weird as hell when dried - paper thin layers of shroom
shaped leaves, intertwined and connected.

They'll go until the water runs out, IME -
My invitro popcorn jars keep cranking out side fruits,
(I pick the top fruits as they come) -
when the jar finally shows a spot of contam, I dig out all the ones
on the sides - very compact and denser than normal fruits for sure!

:-)

soliver