Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms Mex-A sclerotia Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Niico Demus (Dark_reaper)
Username: Dark_reaper

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 01:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is just to see if anyone can see errors in my method.I've been through the archives and read near enough everything I could find.
Ok, I plan to make a spore syringe using a 3mm by 3mm square of spores.
Inoculate a sterilised honey tek jar and leave for a week.
Make myc syringe.
Soak rye grass seed from Garden centre in water for 48 hours then simmer for 10 mins. (might change for dilute coffee/water solution for a jar)
Load jars.
PC for an hour.
Inoculate.
Leave for 3 months.
Enjoy

FarmerWop (Croppinsloppy)
Username: Croppinsloppy

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple friendly suggestions:

You might as well not make the syringe. You could just use a tool to scrape a small amount of spores into the honey jar. This way if you fail you can fall back on your print. Make sure to use sterile procedure (glovebox at least).

Don't soak the rye grass seed. It doesn't soak well like rye or birdseed for some reason, I guess the small kernal size. I've tried both ways and found the best way to do it is combine 1 part water 1 part seed right in your jars...let this sit for a few hours to a day, and then just PC. When you soak it, simmer it, and drain it it always ends up too dry, IME.

:-) good luck

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 21681
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You might as well not make the syringe. You could just use a tool to scrape a small amount of spores into the honey jar. This way if you fail you can fall back on your print.

just don't use the whole print to make a syringe,
it only takes a flake or two...
but i'd grow it on agar instead
and make my syringe off that.

Namaste

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 2769
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You also don't mix grass seed and water one to one, and you don't soak or simmer. Do a search for mex a. Somewhere I wrote a very detailed tek for preparing rye grass seed. We're leaving for the mountains soon. No time to look for it. It's probably at the bottom of fungi somewhere in the 'archived threads'.
"Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me". . .jimi hendrix

HF (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

We're leaving for the mountains soon. No time to look for it.

Have fun. :-)
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 21685
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Somewhere I wrote a very detailed tek for preparing rye grass seed. We're leaving for the mountains soon. No time to look for it. It's probably at the bottom of fungi somewhere in the 'archived threads'.

hmm,
haven't been able to find it yet,
i'll keep looking.
but here's sporeworks' method,
they practically re-invented mexicana.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/113646. html

Namaste

Suckerfree (Suckerfree)
Username: Suckerfree

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here's the link
"I used to have a drug problem, now I make enough money." -DLR

FarmerWop (Croppinsloppy)
Username: Croppinsloppy

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops

Meant to put a 2 there....

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 2771
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another mex a casing.
By the way, I posted of pics the red spores from stephen in the other thread.

Upload
"Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me". . .jimi hendrix

Niico Demus (Dark_reaper)
Username: Dark_reaper

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 08:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

merci beacoup to everyone. thanks for the help, again. Have a good time in the mountains Rodger.