Here's my new drying chamber Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. Here's my new drying chamber Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

=fm= (Fuzzymath)
Username: Fuzzymath

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 03:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Simple solution.
Upload
Just a shipping tube about 12" in diameter with some shelves stapled inside.
Upload
Side view, drilled some holes in the front and stapled some feet on it so it wouldn't roll.
Upload
Took the base off of a mini fan and zip-tied it to the other lid, and drilled som holes in that lid too.
Upload
And wha-la!

I set it behind the computer to mask the sound of it drying.

An even better idea would be to use an old computer tower, that way if there are fans running in it, it will look and sound totally normal.

Have fun! =fm=

Johnnydigital (Johnnydigital)
Username: Johnnydigital

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 05:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Great Idea. Nice pics too. Might just have to do this myself.
"...busted.... down on Burboun St...... setup......like a bowlin' pin...... knocked down...... it get's ta wearin' thiiiiiiiiinn.... they just won't let you beeeeeeeeeee...... no no..."

=fm= (Fuzzymath)

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 06:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The computer tower idea is my next project. I will place several shelves inside it and even wire up the power button on the front of the computer to turn the fan on. I also want to wire up the LED lights so it looks like the computer is actually on.

It's fun being stealthy sometimes.

Johnnydigital (Johnnydigital)
Username: Johnnydigital

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 06:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is fun to be stealthy. Smart too.
"...busted.... down on Burboun St...... setup......like a bowlin' pin...... knocked down...... it get's ta wearin' thiiiiiiiiinn.... they just won't let you beeeeeeeeeee...... no no..."

=fm= (Fuzzymath)

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 10:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two days later, just checked on 'em. Brittle bone dry.

So long dessicant!

faht (Fahtphish)
Username: Fahtphish

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 03:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kewl. :-)

fahtster
Yo. :-)

Niko Blue (420j4u)
Username: 420j4u

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 01:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice,
What do you all supose is the best way to dry that keeps there color and shape the best as possible? Or does it depend on the strain more?
Back in the day I used to buy bulk dried and they looked great. Almost fresh picked looked only were very dry.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 22118
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very sweet,
stealthy too.
archive material to Stealth.

Namaste