THC + Butane -> Hash Oil / Honey Oil ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana THC + Butane -> Hash Oil / Honey Oil (courtesy of OverGrow) Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

NegativeZer0 (Negativezer0)
Username: Negativezer0

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 08:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive been looking into making hash oil for some friends and ran across the butane method. there is a lot of good information on it and tips, but i realized it was all incomplete after reading a overgrow member's thread on it with pictures. he has a lot of backround information on butane hash oil and the pictures help-a-little. enjoy! and let me know what you think!
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Post Number: 683
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 08:38 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?p=3262 442
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 08:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

want to see some gooey hash oil?

http://www.onlinepot.org/images/nysuperdiesel.jpg

enjoy!
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 496
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to do a little but a little was to little, so now i do a little more........

M3 (Statikal)
Username: Statikal

Post Number: 50
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 03:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I have a sudden craving for hash oil
"fun"gus

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Username: Xochipilli2012

Post Number: 663
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 03:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have found that to get the best consistency you need to have patience.

me and a friend wait a little over a week to scrape the oil off our pyrex dishes and instead of it sticking you can roll little balls of it.it becomes a great hashy consistency that bubbles great.

plus you don't need a paper clip that results in messy situations when really baked(ever dropped oil on your pants?it's there for a while).

I love oil.smoking straight oil is my favorite.

it comes out better if you use just bud,it's less harsh.
"Do we speak something truthful here, Giver of life?
We only dream, we only get up from the dream.
It is only like a dream...
Nobody speaks the truth here..." NAHUATL POETRY

Lothar187 (Lothar187)
Username: Lothar187

Post Number: 116
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 05:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you do it just like that thread above says you will be soooooooooo happy.

That honey oil is some of the greatest stuff ever.

This stuff gives one of the cleanest mind highs ever.(at least it did for me)

we would get cheap qp's of mexi-brick (the stuff you only use for brownies) and "hash it up" we would be high for weeks off all the oil we got

man, now I wanna whip up a batch of it even though I don't smoke anymore...

Lothar the Barbarian is here to pillage and plunder

Pskovinsky (Pskov)
Username: Pskov

Post Number: 1346
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 06:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a very well put together walkthrough!
I've done it slightly differently, and the end result is nice stuff!

Be careful with the butane.... i lost half the facial hair to my last extraction with it :P
--Pskov(insky)
"There are two types of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig, you dig"

(no, it's not my car, wish it was)

Post Number: 686
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 08:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

glad you guys had good results! i will probably make them some with a qp like Lothar187 did.

i cant wait!
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 22997
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Now I have a sudden craving for hash oil

me too.

Namaste

Dr_fungus (Dr_fungus)
Username: Dr_fungus

Post Number: 260
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How long does one have to boil off the
butane? I'm not sure I was able to find that
in the links above. That seems to be a good
method although I wonder how this really works?
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?"
-Terrence McKenna

Lothar187 (Lothar187)
Username: Lothar187

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 04:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Butane boils at room temperature.

Just set the dish in a ventilated area and it will be evaporated in less than in hour in my experiences.

if you wanna make sure it is all gone put warm water around the outside of the container it is in making a double-boiler type thing.
Lothar the Barbarian is here to pillage and plunder

Pskovinsky (Pskov)

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 07:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

don't use anything with an ignition source to heat the water while the butane is in it! (gas stoves for instance, would be reeeeal dumb...).

when it's still nice and thin i'd just leave it outside somewhere warm in the sun, it ought to boil off fairly quickly.

Once most of the butane has boiled off you could put it in some cold water and slowly heat it up, either by adding hot water or by using an electric hotplate outside...

you really don't want to do this indoors, bad idea! :P
--Pskov(insky)
"There are two types of people in the world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig, you dig"

Redrum (Redrum)
Username: Redrum

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 03:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've done the Butane extraction twice
once with fan leaf and once with bud
and its more like hash goo than oil
but a friend of mine show me how to
take some 90% plus alcohol to make a
tincture , I took 99% rubbing alcohol
and put it in the mircowave and warmed
it up because he said the alcohol had
to be warm to work and add only a few
drops at a time until it was thin enough
to be more fluid and then we were able
to smear a strip on our rolling papers
and allow to dry ,We used Bugler papers
because EZwiders were to thin and would
never dry right and tare when rolling .
This would turn even the worst weed into
one excellent joint !
this is just my 2 cents worth

Toeup is no more

Roc (Rochester)
Username: Rochester

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 06:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to 'topia!

Roc

technogeek (Technogeek)
Username: Technogeek

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 01:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah for OG... I used to spend my days there, now I hang out here... maybe poppies.org next?

Invader Zim (Spekter)
Username: Spekter

Post Number: 412
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

another good use is on cigarettes, the couple times i made it i would take a whole pack of cigs and put a stripe down one side of each cig. was very easy to get a buzz while on a walk and not be noticed.
"Its not stupid, its advanced" - Tallest

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Username: Xochipilli2012

Post Number: 679
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 06:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would not recommend to leave your butane out in the sun to evaporate as sunlight degrades thc.

hot water bath is best.

and if done indoors please rig an exhaust fan with a dryer vent hose sucking fumes from right above the pyrex dish,going out through the fan and out a window.make sure you put towels at bottom of door so butane does not escape the room your in but only gets sucked out with the fan.other than that do it outside.
"Do we speak something truthful here, Giver of life?
We only dream, we only get up from the dream.
It is only like a dream...
Nobody speaks the truth here..." NAHUATL POETRY

Pskovinsky (Pskov)

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 07:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

going out through the fan

Thats asking for trouble in my opinion, while some fans these days are sealed, or brushless, most have brushes, and those brushes through sparks like crazy.
A "pusher" fan blowing the fumes out is a better idea.

Or do it outside on a cloudy day :P
--Pskov(insky)

dead diver (Dead_diver)
Username: Dead_diver

Post Number: 323
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Outdoors is the only way I will mess with butane extracting. I don't know how many cans of butane it would take to reach explosive concentrations in my house and I don't want to find out. I just let it evaporate in the shade outside. All this talk about oil has me jonesing for some. I haven't made any in a while and I miss that sticky, oily taste.

The only laws I respect are the ones which make old men and women warmer in the winter, children happier in the summer, and beer stronger. B Behan

Post Number: 689
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 07:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload

Here is an update with a little bit more information:

HASHMASTA-KUT: "Using Butane for Oil Extraction"

HASHMASTA-KUT: "HASHMASTA-KUT's Honey Oil Guide"

Phife: "Phife Goes Stainless: BHO Extractor"

and the original thread i posted: (again):

Phife: "Butane Honey Oil (Even MORE than you wanted to know)"

all very good reading material; a friend just made some and he was in love.

good luck!
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Post Number: 690
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 09:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload

another excellent picture of someone's efforts.

this has got me pretty excited!
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Post Number: 691
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 09:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload
Upload

yummy. im done!

<< NegativeZer0 >>

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 26039
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 01:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Namaste

Roc (Rochester)
Username: Rochester

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 05:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sweet!

Roc

Post Number: 693
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 11:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uhh ...i hate to say it hip, but these arent my pictures; i took them from the thread on overgrow since i havent seen too many good pictures of hash oil.

the real archive worthy stuff are those certain threads i posted above.

Read those threads if you are interested. If you think it is information you might want to save on mycotopia's archives, let me know. I could edit and/or re-post the information from those threads for the archives if that would be a good idea (since those links will eventually be broken.)

Some of those threads are "sticky" on overgrow but some arent. Either way, i am fairly sure they will all be eventually sent to the trash.

Overgrow does have a hash oil FAQ; but it is not as detailed and informative as the above threads (which offer some good inside information.)
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Dr.Pepper (Sluggo)
Advanced Member
Username: Sluggo

Post Number: 99
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 06:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That looks so sweet!!!

You can get N-butane in it's purest form from your local gas supplier.

Great thread
"I'd hate to advocate drugs or liquor, or insanity to anyone. but in my case, it's working"

Drew (Drew)
Username: Drew

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 08:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NegativeZero,
Nice pic's - I wonder if, after the oil crystalizes, you could pulverize it into a powder? Think of the possibilities as a powder.

Cheffy (Cheffybluegills)
Advanced Member
Username: Cheffybluegills

Post Number: 97
Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 08:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW, I took about 3 oz's and made some of this oil , got about two tbsp of gooey goodness that realy works nice. Its not so amber as the pics above,its so green its almost black, but man what a kick !niceeeeee....
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

kkem444 (Kkem444)
Username: Kkem444

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 07:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in my experience 3 oz should get you more than 2 tbsps! ive seen a half ounxe put out about that much

(Message edited by kkem444 on September 27, 2004)

Cheffy (Cheffybluegills)
Advanced Member
Username: Cheffybluegills

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 11:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmmmm Only the first can of butane washed through with anything in it, I did seven cans and 2 through 7 washed through clear so I didnt put any more in. All in all about a half inch of goo in the bottom of a shotglass total. But its still in the pipe so I might flush it out again and see if more comes out.........
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

Post Number: 697
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 11:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot of people recommend freezing the herb and also powdering it first; those forums are a great place to start if you are having problems, with oil, the clearer the better i've read.
<< NegativeZer0 >>

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: