Some karo pics Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Liquid Culture: Karo/Honey/Dextrose Q&A Some karo pics Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

fucgubarn fucgubarnov (Fucgubarn)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 08:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
have like 30 small jars (25ml each) filled with solution of (4ml sugar/96ml water).Several strains-B+,Thai,Koh S,Meza,Stropharia,Equad.
The spores inside grow really fast into a big white cottony cloud (4-5 days).Even Pan.Cyans and azurescens grow fast.
The problems come when inoculated on the substrate the mycelium never spreads.Inoculated at the same time 2 jars with B+ spores and many jars with live tissue.On the third day there were big white grouth in the jars inoc.with spores and nothing in the ones with live tissue.
Never did inoculating before with tissue,so please help or just show me where to read in the archeves.
Is it possible that the needle is too thin?no,this is not it.
thanks

fungusmaximus (Fungaloid)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 08:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

make sure you thrash your mycelium real good to break it up. Shake your jars daily, and before innoculation I like to suck some up in the syringe and push it back out again, this seems to work really well. Be sure substrate isnt cloging the needle during innoc. use the same as spores. Its possible to see growth within 24hrs w/live karo. I have never had it not colonize substrate before unless it was too dry. What gauge needle are you using?

Nan, where are you???

Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 08:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mypic

mypic

mypic

mypic

Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 09:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone clean up my nothing posts? Sorry, Im just gettin the hang of posting pics.

fucgubarn fucgubarnov (Fucgubarn)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 08:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uoo,
I do not know why inoc. myccilim didi not work at firs,but the ones i made4 days ago,uooo they are great and fastt.
Thanks for the advice.
Have never shaken mycilium before.Shall do it next.
Mine are much bigger balls,will shake.
:)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: