Well DEA, I waited till October and..... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Well DEA, I waited till October and...[grow chambers] Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 04:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hehe, so at first I thought the supposed billboards were taunting us into thinking that it would be drier later in the year.
Now I realize that the DEA was just trying to be friendly and let us know that the buds were on their way, it would just take them a couple months to get here

Here is my harvest from last night
1.5 oz Northern Lights, grown in a stealth cabinet under a 150W HPS light. It took about 70 days total.

Cola
One of the four colas

Plate
All of the good stuff pre-trimmed and minus the first cola (I got too excited and forgot to take a picture before I started trimming)

Closeup
A closeup of one of the many little buds

Final
A plateful of goodies after the trimming is done.

They are curing at the moment but in a week or two I will be one happy man.

Thanks for the reassurance DEA

Amygdala (Amygdala)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 04:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uuuuhhhhhhaaaa (Drools) . That is one beautiful plate of greens. Reminds me of my good ol' friend Dr. Seuss... I think it's time for me to roll a fattie and pull out, "I had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew." God! It's been WAY too long.

Much Love

Dr. Cubensis (Shroomzilla)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 04:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dammit.....

I'll trade a handful of magic Beans for your cow!!
You don't need all that leaf, you have plenty O buds! LOL
Thats just freakin beautiful man...

Dirty Wop (Anotherdirtywop)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 05:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mmmm...not too shabby brother!
your making me want to cry

wish I had the money for some nice nugs
I'm definatly starting to see some rolling in to the college...it's harvest time everyone!

4hodmtagireturns (Agiahuasca)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 06:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dank

Nuggets are blowin up here

with supposed
"afghani" (doesnt have the most couch lockIsh high but....)

all over

fungusmaximus (Fungaloid)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 08:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NL the best Ive smoked ever. Ate 2g's fungi and 7 bong hits of NL, almost didnt come back.
Great shit. Want to trade seeds for spores? I also have some
hash plant x skunk x afghani, very early maturing, Bionic Chronic

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd love to Maximus, considering it is legal where we live
That was, unfortunatly, my last NL seed. I had everything riding on her and she came through spectacularly. I had another Maui Waui in the same chamber but it turned out to be a male and I wasn't in the mood to pollenate the NL and wait another three months for some decent bud.
I still have a few MW seeds but I can't guarantee their viability since I've only germinated one male.

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For a small cabinet you should try Sweet Tooth #3. Its a BlueBerry x Grapefruit backcross that was developed originally in Canada by Breeder Steve. Being Indica based you get squat bush or can be run as a SOG method.

Steve is about to release Sweet Tooth #4 which he says will have a 6 - 7 week flower time. ST#3 can be harvested at 7 with no problem.

Go to \link {http://www.spiceoflifeseeds.com/index800_600.htm} if you want the rundown on his strains.

I went to Gypsy Nirvanas in Amsterdam when we went, met the guys who work there and they all hail Steve's genetics. I told a pal and now the sweet tooth buds are in all out stash boxes.

Stuff is addicting, you will never want street weed again :)

Sandman

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, depending on the cabinet, if you stuff a 250 Agro Son in there, add the smallest squirril cage near the top, you get 50 wats per square foot and those buds you show would have been 3 times that fat.

I can tell by the looks of them you are probably running about 30 wats per square foot. Probably a 2x21/2 cabinet, correct?

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thx for the tip Sandman, I guess I'm not ready to pay $60-$100 for good genetics when $30 seeds do me just fine. When I get a house I might just take your advice

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for soo many posts, here is a friend of mine's cabinet he built about 4 years ago.

http://www.cannabisworld.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/001275.html

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2' x 2.5' x 4' Good call! Yeah, I picked up the Home Depot 150W HPS Security light. I would love an Agro Son but, like I said, I'm not ready to put a ton of cash into this at the moment. I have enough to last me a couple months but I need the room for shrooms. A buffet style apartment is hard ya know Oh yeah, I let them veg too long so I had to tie them down. The way my box is designed meant that half of their flowering life was spent in partial shade. Oops

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cabinet1

cabinet2

cabinet3

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NL is good stuff brother, just thought I would point ya to some other similar :)

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is beautiful
Here is my pitiful attempt. I found out that my squirrel cage blower was too damn loud and very hard to adjust as it sped up and slowed down as the temps fluctuated. So, I ditched most of the stealth aspect of it and drilled a huge hole in the side for a large PC Rack fan. That security light just got way too hot. Anyways, enough rambling:

Cabinet

You can see that I really only have about two feet for grow space because of my wierd hydro setup. Many things were learned and many things will be changed next time

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice setup, I really like the PVC setup. Thumbs up man.

Sandman

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the advice and the love

steveoi812 (Ustabcidhead)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best pot I've ever smoked was a NL hybrid. It was nothernlights#5xblueberry. Superfunk man superfunk. I smoked one bowl of this shit and passed out after eating all of the food in the house and slept for 12 hours. The thing of it is is that I had just woke up from an 8 hour sleep. The best I've ever grown has to be williams wounder. The flowering time is a lil long but well worth it, next comes pure afghani. I love the thick smoke and the hard hitting couchlock this strain provides. I always wanted to try some pure sativa but never had the patience to wait 70+ days for it to flower. I heard thereisnothing like pure sative though. Lookin good man Lookin good. Smoke one for me brother...

joey ramone (Joey99652)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shweeet booger
My friend will be talking with u about that

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sounds about right Steveo I'll be sure to remember you when it is ready.
I dried a little bit a couple days ago and had enough for 1/2 bowl. Hung out with a buddy last night and shared it, for the fast drying, early harvest, and small quantity I still had a fabulous time

Joey, things are looking a little brighter on the AK thing. I might just throw a little something in the moving van for your friend.

joey ramone (Joey99652)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, that was the bud that broke the camel's back. Could someone direct me to some information on building a cabinet like that. I was thinking about maybe something around 2'x3'x5' or something like that. Anyways, I am errr..my friend is a complete newbie to growing bud. So where can I go to learn?

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is my inspiration Sleestak:
Marijuana Stealth Cabinet
Behold..The Monolith
And Sandman's cabinet above is giving me that itch again

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 12:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material.
great stuff, folks.
this is where i want to go- micro-systems, stealth set-ups, etc.
those buds look yummy

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 01:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, these cabinets are very stealth. If you notice the one that I posted has a wood light seal around the edges of the doors. On that wood is weather stripping. With the negative pressure that the squrril cage fan creats, it sucks the doors right in against the weather stripping. A few thumbolts were added so the doors can be tightened and it seals. In a dark room you can not see any light whatsover.

In the center where the doors meet there is a wood isert with same foam stripping on the frontside. The inserts are out for the picture. You can see where the insert seats in those wood slots.

Sandman

steveoi812 (Ustabcidhead)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 01:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29153&highlight=Tick
check it out hipster.

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 01:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The actual CAD Plans, but some things were changed later. Basic principle.

I want to point out that Eyebooger has a real state of the art hydro system there with the PVC, top of the line brother :)

cadplan

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 03:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for saying so Sandman but it really wasn't all that "state of the art"

Here is an image detailing the basics:

hydro

When I go another round I need to find a way to reduce the height of the overall system. That is for another day.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 03:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how many plants go in there ?
any training on frames/wire of the colas ?

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 06:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To which setup do refer Hippie?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 12:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the last diagram

Sandman (Sandman)
Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 02:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One thing that really works well is a passive system where you just take a small tub with lid. Take 4 32 oz plastic drinking cups, drill some holes in the bottom and midway up. Fill these cups halfway with Geolite, and then add plants that are ready in 1-inch rockwool plugs or just bare roots. Cover rest the way with Geolite (rocks).

The secret is to get some white felt at the craft store, cut into 3/4 inch by 8-inch long strips. Now when you start filling the cup with rocks, add the strip (wick) and fill the rocks around it. Put the rooted plant onto the rest of the wick and fill the rest of the way.

Place the planters (cups) into cutout holes in the lid and fill the tub to 2 inches of General Hydroponics Floral Series Nutes.

The best part: Add a fishtank bubbler to the tub to bubble the nutrient solution. The roots will grow down that wick and directly into the water. The plants go crazy once the roots make it there, pure source of oxygen because of the bubbler and direct source of water and nutrients.

Just maintain the nute level, and the first time you fill, fill through the planters to get the wicks primed.

No timers, no clogged lines. Easy to make.

For easy C02, take a big cup and add 1 packet of Fleschmans Yeast, 1 cup of sugar, and warm water (95 deg). Add enough water to fill the cup ¾ way up. Place in front of small fan that you use to move air around in the grow area. This will produce more than needed c02 for about a week. Smells but really adds weight if you use about 2-3 weeks into flowering up until 1 week before harvest. Pull if you see any mold on the buds, but as long as well ventilated, you be fine J

Sandman

Mustshroom (Rhizo)
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 04:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pics, guys. BTW, Mexican bricks are back.... It's about damn time.
P.S. I drove a several hundred mile stretch of America's Drug Pipeline (Interstate-35) this weekend to watch the big game. No DEA warning signs to be found. Maybe they were never there. OR maybe they realized massive amounts of dope were getting in again and took them down in humiliation.

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 03:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the wick idea Sandman. Do you think 2" of GH nutes is a little overkill? Are you refering to GH nute solution? I seriously went through about twenty tablespoons over my entire grow and still had tip burn.

Hippie, that pvc setup is great if you have the headroom, I'll post more on it when/if we get a mj forum. Basically you can have as many plants as you want. Each plant gets its own two liter bottle top and you just have to add as many attachments to the main line as you need. Check it out:

11Plant

The itch to grow again is worsening....