Shed's Popcorn Invitro Log Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Invitro [MycroTeks] Shed's Popcorn Invitro Log Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 07, 2004ShedTheMonkey (ShedtShedTheMonkey (Shedt25 1 08-07-04  08:21 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

ShedTheMonkey (Shedthemonkey)
Username: Shedthemonkey

Post Number: 298
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 08:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload Upload Upload Upload
ShedTheMonkey

fucgubarn fucgubarnov (Fucgubarn)
Username: Fucgubarn

Post Number: 338
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 11:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very very nice!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 24183
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
coming along nicely

Namaste

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 10:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well the mushies were saying they were too crowded and needed a good long dunk so my brother's monkey harvested them. Here is what they looked like this morning:

The tray after some caps were cut for spore prints
frist tray 01.jpg

frist tray 02.jpg
Shoulda taken some pix of this right before harvest cuz they bulked up even more.

Here is the first 15 grams to go down a monkey gullet from this tray. Nice body stone. :-)
pfc first 15.jpg

printing the largest open caps:
first caps 01.jpg

WOOO HOOO! What a haul! The tiles underneath the tub are 4inches to give some perspective (that is a shoebox size 6 quart bin). Would you believe 325 wet grams? Probably 320 after nocking the random verm off. :-)

drying 04.jpg

Drying Rack 1:
drying 01.jpg

Drying Rack 2:
drying 02.jpg

And some well deserved reward! Mushie tea for two. :-)
tea.jpg

Mmmmmm! Blue Tea! Gives a whole new meaning to having the BLUES!! Waiting for it to kick in...
ShedTheMonkey

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 10:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell yeah buddy! Nice work!
OK, OK, OK....now...I'm no biologist...but how many cells do "single-celled" organisms have?

Post Number: 309
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Shredder. Here is an update.

First flush from tray 2 popcorn with 50% verm. Dried weight 40.0 grams (not including some caps moved to printing area)

Upload

Everything so far (minus about 25 grams that became monkey food...) Had to stuff it to get it all in there and put 3 drying packets to help keep it cracker dry.

Upload

Total on hand about 65 grams dry in the jar plus some caps and the rest of the first flush in much weaker tray 3. All of the casings are currently in a dilute bleach dunk to rehydrate. The fan really dries everything out even with the ultrasonic on full. The fan needs to go on a timer methinks.

So popcorn with karo mycellia innoculation, cased with only wet verm, is the shizit! The shrooms arent big (in this setup and strain of PFC) but quite plentiful from first flush. Mycotopia gets all the credit. The monkey couldnt have done it without this fine site and you fine folks!!

ShedTheMonkey

Post Number: 310
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are a bunch of my pix above broken? I am not seeing the drying pix from monday's post above. weird...???
ShedTheMonkey

technogeek (Technogeek)
Username: Technogeek

Post Number: 44
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cant see 'em either shed... nice job otherwise tho'!

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)
Username: 1dumbmyco

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look awfully nice to me.
All posts are for microscopic purposes only.

CurryShroomer (Curryshroomer)
Username: Curryshroomer

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 05:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice journal, nicely illustrated too!! Thanks for sharing... Don't eat it all at once

CurryShroomer

Tumbz (Tumbz)
Username: Tumbz

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 01:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice ShedTheMonkey!

I hope my first flush turns out like that.

==============
" Fee Fii Foo Fum "
==============

Post Number: 360
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 12:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK those broken pix up there are bugging the heck out of me so let's see if I can fix them in a post down here...

quote:

Well the mushies were saying they were too crowded and needed a good long dunk so my brother's monkey harvested them. Here is what they looked like this morning:

The tray after some caps were cut for spore prints

Upload

Upload

Shoulda taken some pix of this right before harvest cuz they bulked up even more.

Here is the first 15 grams to go down a monkey gullet from this tray. Nice body stone. :-)

Upload

printing the largest open caps:

Upload

WOOO HOOO! What a haul! The tiles underneath the tub are 4inches to give some perspective (that is a shoebox size 6 quart bin). Would you believe 325 wet grams? Probably 320 after nocking the random verm off. :-)

Upload

Drying Rack 1:

Upload

Drying Rack 2:

Upload

And some well deserved reward! Mushie tea for two. :-)

Upload

Mmmmmm! Blue Tea! Gives a whole new meaning to having the BLUES!! Waiting for it to kick in...

There!! That's more like it. Hope these don't break. Wonder what was up above. Anyway, I will add to this when the second flush is ready to be photographed. :-)
ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

technogeek (Technogeek)
Username: Technogeek

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:38 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow. Bravo.

Xochi (Xoch)
Username: Xoch

Post Number: 126
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 07:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a very nice log and makes me eager to start with some serious casing as well.

Nice work!!

X

mycolord (Mycolord)
Intermediate Member
Username: Mycolord

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 03:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

holy freakin hell, very nice
congrats you crazy monkey
-unto them i offered a place to grow, and unto me they bestowed a truthful vision-

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 25354
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 03:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very nice.

Namaste

Post Number: 385
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 04:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alas, the green mother has ripped through all those casings. Everything was looking so good and there were several hundred pins in each box and then everything aborted and the green showed up. Sigh. They were buried in a long planter under about 1 mm of potting soil that happens to be out there and then some fake plants were put over the top for shade and camoflage and gave them all a good soaking with water. They will live or die at Gaia's whim, tho a daily watering is planned...

It was a good learning experience for my monkey's brother. He believes the green started in the black plastic bags that encircled the shoeboxes as light block. He did not realize how much stagnant water was sitting in those until they were removed during the burial. Next time will duct tape for light block.

There are tons of half pint in-vitro jars just chillin from his elixer log so it isn't as if he does't have other stuff to do... :-) Plus about 7 quarts of popcorn about 95% colinized, but that can just wait a couple weeks.

What did he learn?

Double PC'ing popcorn is easy.
G2G is easy in a flow hood.
Popcorn loves to be cased with just strait verm.
Popcorn does not like invitro grow so much.
Even slow strains can give TONS of shroomies in one flush if patience is practiced.
Air flow is a good thing.
It is bad to have stagnant water in your fruiter.
Ultrasonic mister's should never be operated on carpet.
Lots of little shroomies will still rock your world instead of a couple monsters.
Growing can cause obsessive checking of water tanks and humidity meters at all hours of the day and night.
Flow hoods rock for innoculation, G2G transfer, spore printing, drying, everything.
He realizes that without good guidance from this site and a really quality flow hood the success would not have been so easy.

Tons more for sure but can not think well this late. Thanks all for your attention and we hope to post other logs in the future. :-)

Upload
ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)
Username: 1dumbmyco

Post Number: 210
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 06:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<<bows>> Sorry to hear of the bad luck but look on the very bright side that flush was wonderful! Blue Tea YAY! And I agree small shroomies is where the action is, right before the veil opens, no matter what the size or strain.
All posts are for microscopic purposes only.

PeOpLeCanFlY (Peoplecanfly)
Username: Peoplecanfly

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 01:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pretty nice first flushes boy!
not ool for whats happened after... :-(
im a french dude writing my posts in english some of my expressions or sentences may not be all correct :P thanks for your comprehension

mycolord (Mycolord)
Username: Mycolord

Post Number: 170
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 01:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn...what a shame...congrats on the first massive flush though man...very impressive....

you gained more from this than just that though....you gained experience...and that will last much longer than any flush
-unto them i offered a place to grow, and unto me they bestowed a truthful vision-

chnop35 (Chnop35)
Username: Chnop35

Post Number: 857
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 03:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

~Keep your feet on the ground~