Pan. Cyanescens on agar Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms Pan. Cyanescens on agar Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

CurryShroomer (Curryshroomer)
Username: Curryshroomer

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 08:49 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just some pictures of Pan. Cyanescens on agar:
One stored at 25C/77F
The other 2 at 29C/84F

Cultures started on 07-12-2004 from mycelium

I will make a better post with some questions added later on :-)

I believe this upper photo is the one that was stored in the coolest incubator at first (it seems the mycelium catched up with the other two)
Upload

Upload

Upload

CurryShroomer :-)

(Message edited by CurryShroomer on July 16, 2004)

(Message edited by CurryShroomer on July 16, 2004)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 23240
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 12:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very nice.
archive material
looking forward to more
when you're ready.

Namaste

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here some more pics of Panaeolus Cyanescens agar cultures. All jars are the same batch. Do you see that spot with the circle drawn around it? Would that be a good isolate to transfer to another dish?

CurryShroomer :-)

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

seven (Mycosev)
Username: Mycosev

Post Number: 384
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all of it looks good . each transfer should be added to another dish . it should give you about 20 or so different substrains , then do some macro experiments with each one and find the most reilable fruitier . after that and you find a really good fuiter id go to bulk horse/verm 2/1 ratio with the normal 70% water content . cased straw works to but I've had to go to smaller containers because they seem to do better then the big ass trays that i would use otherwise .where i can use horse/verm without worry of contams in the bigger trays. im not really sure why this works better . but i have read that im not the only one that had this idea lol . i have noticed that the domesticated strains i have do better then the wild strains that i cleaned up on straw .I'm hoping after a couple of generations that they will do better on straw as i like using it better then the horse/verm , simply because i can do more straw at one time then the other .
have fun

SeVeN
Even HEll has its hero's

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 06:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Seven,

I have made a few transfers (not so many because I have only 18 dishes). The agar culture itself was made from mycelium water. I think it might be a substrain already. Not intended... more of a coincidence. Anyway... I hope it is a good colonizer. If not I have 2 other dishes wich might turn out to be better colonzizers/fruiters. We will see!

So straw is better for small casings? Thanks for the tip. Glad I used manure for my other Pan. Cyanescens project!

CurryShroomer

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: