Some invitro pics Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Invitro [MycroTeks] Some invitro pics Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Levone (Mmlokimm)
Username: Mmlokimm

Post Number: 130
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 03:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These did ok. After i'm a littlefurther along with my new casings, I'm going to do some other invitro. How do I get the humidity in the jars way up ?? I've seen pix in the archives where the jars have mad condensation on the inside. I really like the invtro method.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 23456
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 04:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

don't worry about boosting the humidity any,
the cake is self-humidifying in small containers like that.

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 132
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 04:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got alot of aborts as well. very small black tips. Also, the first flush of these stropharia, alot of the stems were hollow as I have read that they are known to produce. Now I can't say that invitro was the cause, but NONE of the second flush mushies were hollow. In fact when you bit into the stem, juices literally flowed, kinda make me sick. But yes they were beefy..compared to the others I've grown.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 23458
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 04:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, my stroph were hollow too
numerous aborts are common,
some strains more than others.

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 133
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 04:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It disappointed me because the aborts were a cluster of pins too.

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 531
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 05:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice
I used to do a little but a little was to little, so now i do a little more........

HF (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 2284
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 05:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

sorry about the posts. testing pic

Please use the "testing and trash" forum to test any further pictures.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 23469
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

have you dunked those cakes yet ?

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 138
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 03:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm about to. I want to get some worm castings, to make a tea to dunk them in. I read it somewhere on here some guy was doing it. seems like a good Idea. The only problem is that NOWHERE around here has it. I called one plae and asked for it, I told the guy it was kinda like compost...and I swear the redneck said..uuhhhh I think all we have like that is...............fire ant killer. So then I just hung up.

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 139
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 03:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

could I just make a tea outta compost ??

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 23508
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 03:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes,
but i would be very cautious,
your odds of contams go up
when you use a nutritious dunk.
for already flushed cakes
i recommend plain tapwater, or bottled water.
refridgerate while dunking if possible.

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 141
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 04:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what if I dunked in a tewa for a few hours, 12-24, then did a quick bleach dunk like 10-15 minutes before I put them back into the jars ?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 23515
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 06:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's wise
be sure to rinse well
and i'd vent/drain the jars once daily for the first few days after the dunk

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 142
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 06:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool. well, I'm off to get supplies. I guess I'll dunk those cakes tonight.

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 143
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 07:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just got back from lowes. they have mushroom compost. Anyone ever heard of, or used it ??

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 23548
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 01:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's no use to you,
it's for gardens.

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 154
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 04:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright, I did a 24 hour dunk in pre-bagged shit tea. Then a 20 min dip in bleach water. Rolled in verm and placed back into freshly cleaned jars. Will post updates as see fit.

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update.
Ok, I lost 1 cake to trich. Now I have 8 cakes left which are doing pretty good I'de say. They're getting very fuzzy, more so than the last flush. Hope this is a sign of good things to come.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 23804
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so far so good
but if trich hit one
it's lurking nearby
so you must give plenty of fresh air exchanges

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 159
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

will be sure to do that Hip, thanks

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 170
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm Glad I got some, but man are they skinny. Upload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 24090
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 02:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let them grow a bit longer
still looking pretty good, imo.
did you dunk in the compost tea ?

Namaste

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 171
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 09:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I dunked thease in the compost tea. I let them go a little longer. They were long and skinny, but not hallow. We made some tea out of some feild mushies and this entire flush, which was about a handful. We wen to the beach and tripped and watched a fucking moon rise. It was very cloudy and stormy due to a tropical storm. It was 5 of us tripping, and afterwards 4 out of 5 of us said that the trip was much better than any other trip. beecause of the great combo of mellow field visuals and potent clarity of the home grown. But my casing still aren't fruiting, well, I've gotten a couple that have just randomly popped up. Some pin growth but not much. I don't know.
I DO know that I am moving in like 2 weeks, so I havew to wait to do anything. I just found a creeper syringe i made in my fridge. Those guys were potent as hell. I think I'm gonna try the FAHTY ISOLATION TEK on those, fruit invitro and try to clone. but instead of just wbs I want to use a multi nutrient substrate with wbs, brf, worm castings, verm, coffee. Something of that nature.I want to get ONE way down good, instead of having cakes and pies, cakes and pies. I'll just have cake.

Levone (Mmlokimm)

Post Number: 172
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 09:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should probably test fire that syringe first huh ?