1st pics from foaf's first grow attem... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Logs 1st pics from foaf's first grow attempt Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 19, 20041dumbmyco (1dumbmyco1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco25 1 08-19-04  10:31 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 24814
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 05:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

coming along nicely
a few more days now...

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)
Username: 1dumbmyco

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 07:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

coming along nicely
a few more days now...

Wait til I post the fat pins on EQ oyster mycrotopia jar....jeeeze louise. Another I am letting go invitro. SA's are about done and Huautla is not a good invitro strain I conclude based on my foaf's 3 different experiments. Popcorn jar was birthed today and is resting over foaf's fridge at 84.
What the heck: 1st is EQ fatties, 2nd same pins with fruiting huautlas 1 with a weird cap cake beside it.Upload
Upload

All posts are for microscopic purposes only.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 24852
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wait til I post the fat pins on EQ oyster mycrotopia jar....jeeeze louise.

it'd be nice to see some results

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 147
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

it'd be nice to see some results

That's the EQ oysters on mycrotek from this morning above hip...since then I went to foaf's house again and they are blistering out everywhere. Knocked on 7/25. Birthed 8/14 with no visible invitro pins. Funny how a majority are forming along the old verm interface now on bottom, though the top is bubbling up like mad too. Double end cased of course. Will keep you appraised when foaf let's me come over. The huatla that was birthed, concerned foaf, so it was moved to a ghetto chopped Propel bottle with baggie over. Wasn't sure at the time if it was bruising, which it was, or contam. It is throwing out vegatation but no pins yet. Huautla moves much slower fruiting than it does colonizing has been the experience.
Huautla oyster mycrotek cake in Propel bottle:

Upload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 24878
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Birthed 8/14 with no visible invitro pins.

should have waited, you'd have even MORE pins now

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 148
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

should have waited, you'd have even MORE pins now

There was so much "fluffy" mic it had to let it go nuts in a terr. Still have several of different substrains of oyster and shiitakes to play with invitro. Foaf is having fun recreating a mycro environment close enough to nature's where they are common, he cant't help but birth some and play with rain and humidity changes in the area from which they fruit.And they come. I learned alot hunting morels the past 35 years I think.
Some updates from the small 1/2 pint BRF jar spawned in sta green and worm poo with verm casing above. Still Huautla oysters.

Upload
Upload

Paw Paw.... (Alounacara)
Username: Alounacara

Post Number: 109
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I loved Huautla..sp? a lot ..they are smaller but nice looking kinda like most Mexican strains...
I had 2 qt jars that i put in the refrigerator because they were overcolonised and very exposed to light ...they just dont wanna invitro at all
I cased them up and got a sorry harvest and kept them for personal stash...Im glad i didnt give em away

Still way cooler than Sucky.....

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 24903
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 01:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1dumbmyco
do you think you could, plz,
place all of your pix of the mycro-cakes in another thread just on them ?
updated as they progress ?
that would surely be helpful and informative

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 151
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 02:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

1dumbmyco
do you think you could, plz,
place all of your pix of the mycro-cakes in another thread just on them ?
updated as they progress ?
that would surely be helpful and informative

I would love to hip and you can move those two from here if you like to lower bandwidth. I will visit foaf and shoot the jars and progress today...one was hit with green from a much used syringe so there are only the 5.

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 152
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 02:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I loved Huautla..sp? a lot ..they are smaller but nice looking kinda like most Mexican strains...
I had 2 qt jars that i put in the refrigerator because they were overcolonised and very exposed to light ...they just dont wanna invitro at all
I cased them up and got a sorry harvest and kept them for personal stash...Im glad i didnt give em away

Alo, I agree 100% If you are patient enough to fruit them they are very clean bodywise and wonderful to observe so I must agree. It was my foaf's starter strain LOL, so he must have progressed quickly learning how finnicky these l'il puppies are. Fast colonizers, very rhyzo, but fruiting is worse than watching grass grow.

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 163
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 04:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's todays pics in this thread. I posted one of a mutant on the cake yesterday in "Fungi". It got top heavy and nearly fell off so foaf picked it. Tho generally small fruiters, the one on the cake is getting sizey just before perfect harvest time. I owe a couple of prints so the veil will open on it and couple in the case prior to harvest.
Upload
Upload

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 01:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's what's left of the above cake. Like a nice lady spreading her legs: Upload

The rest, about 2 grams dry had been harvested over the past few days. Add that to the ones from the minicase above yielded a total of 6 dry, not bad fro 2 1/2 pints by a newbie with a somewhat difficult strain. I am surprised how large and robust these last few Huautla's grew on a first flush cake. Foaf thinks it will get a drink tomorrow. Foaf is going to spore print the big caps to share, I owe a couple, couple dark small prints already sealed. Life is good in Amsterdam.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 25088
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Life is good in Amsterdam

one would hope so.

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 244
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 07:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to drag up this old thread, but this a cake innoc'd on July 1 on it's third flush from the one of the original 6 jars my foaf hijacked from me.

Pure PF tek with a foil barrier over the substrate and the dry verm on top when PC'd. It added a bit of contam resistant confidence to the still nOObie but keeps poppin' cracker dry 3-3.5 gram yields. He babies the huautlas, his favorite edible oyster with clean dunks between flushes and does a little twist after birth from dunks. I was asked by spacecake to do a grow log on this substrain so foaf will document what we have learned in one thread once these cease fruiting and other projects wind down and need to hit the PC. By far the "former mycrotopia" jars out performed the straight PF Tek 1/2 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup hands down over what these were subjected to. But beginners stick with the tek and get great results! Beginner with mycrotopia style jars, when they will be available from other vendors, will be thrilled.
Upload
You can see a small SA fruit and in the background a hip jar EQ pinning for third flush 3 days afrer dunk.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 25815
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

By far the "former mycrotopia" jars out performed the straight PF Tek 1/2 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup hands down over what these were subjected to. But beginners stick with the tek and get great results! Beginner with mycrotopia style jars, when they will be available from other vendors, will be thrilled.

far-out, man.
good to get independant reports like this,
the proof is out there in the real world.
mycrotopia's product is premium grade
as i claimed.

Namaste

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 25816
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to grow logs

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 246
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 04:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

archive material to grow logs

Archive material again? LOL....just a lucky first grow and subsequent flushes from a newbie. Dunk 3 is over for 2 of the original cakes....4th flush? The cased cakes are ready for a second flush, myc is thick on the verm, looking like this substrain wants to fruit again. Patience is the key to Huautla oysters. I will post a lost child rescue pic tomorrow, sad beginning but a happy ending.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 25863
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 02:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i like to archive 1st grow logs,
helps other newbies gain confidence
so i recently set up
a specific grow log area in the archives,
this'll make a nice addition to that.

Namaste

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)

Post Number: 247
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 04:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

i like to archive 1st grow logs,
helps other newbies gain confidence
so i recently set up
a specific grow log area in the archives,
this'll make a nice addition to that.

Great Idea and thanks for including my faof's results. 2 more cakes waiting for third flush and the last one has been dunked and hoping for 4th.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: