Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Invitro [MycroTeks] Invitro shitake Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

bluecat (Bluecat)
Username: Bluecat

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 04:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here's a picture of a great strain of shitake i have. it's so agressive,it grew this huge fruit invitro,right up through the verm layer.Upload

Towelie (Tepin)
Username: Tepin

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 04:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking Good!!! Keep it up.

"Hey, Guys, I Don't know whats going on..."

faht (Fahtphish)
Username: Fahtphish

Post Number: 1586
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 05:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saweet! How long did that take?

Archive Material. :-)

fahtster
Yo. :-)

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 02:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bluecat - I have followed your shiitake work for a while now - it is highly intriguing. Do you always acquire your plugs through Oyster Creek?

I am really pumped to try shiitake with the PF tek but I have heard a lot of trash get talked about how people get them to go grown without ever getting fruits. I figured it was where you bought your plugs, but do you have some other secret? Humidity is the same as usual (i.e. PF cubies)? Temperture? I really want to get out of just growing cubies, but I haven't advanced enough with grains that I feel comfortable toying with other fungi that require it.
I appreciate your help - your work is revolutionary - I am sure it will become a base of many more great things to come.
This...{cough cough}
is the life...{cough cough}
we choose...

bluecat (Bluecat)

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 09:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes,the strain is where it's at for this. this is a strain i've aquired from someone who would only tell me that it was brought in from china. oyster creek plugs work well.this strain i'm experimenting with is unbelievable for this application.it's become the only one i've been using now.i have been experimenting with all aspects of "pf cake"shitake for years now.i've gotten both the right strain,and the right formula for the cakes.still trying to improve it.this strain may be available soon.for fruiting,i keep it simple.10 gallon tank with a plastic grate to keep them off the bottom.i just use a little standing water in the bottom.no pearlite.it always causes contam, and shitake are VERY resistant to contam.no real misting.only spray the sides once a day only if they're dry.usually don't spray for days.fan at least twice a day. the biggest mistake most people make is not waiting long enough to birth.keep at room temp,room light,and wait till you see lots of brown,or if you see some REAL invitro stuff like the pic i'll put here.the blobs and blisters,as they're called fool people into thinking they're pins.be patient.give it a try.

bluecat (Bluecat)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 10:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is a cake that was left in the dark.i lost track of a case of them,and found this.this strain is so aggressive,it went invitro in the dark.i like to keep them in regular room light,and wait till they get a lot of brown.Upload

bluecat (Bluecat)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 10:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is a cake that was left in the dark.i lost track of a case of them,and found this.this strain is so aggressive,it went invitro in the dark.i like to keep them in regular room light,and wait till they get a lot of brown.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 24092
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 02:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awesome work, bluecat,
as usual.
great pix too.
will you be offering your strain ?
how long did it take for the invitro fruit to grow ?

Namaste

bluecat (Bluecat)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 12:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes,i will be offering this strain soon,along with another shitake strain that i've been marketing locally with great success.although i've had great results with my super aggressive chinese strain,i am still in the beta testing phase with a few customers to be sure even beginners will have complete success.hip,i will email you about this.as for how long it took to go invitro,i'm not sure about this one.it was part of a test that i lost track of.since i grow at room temp,times vary a lot.i would guess somewhere around 8 weeks,because the mushroom is so full grown.invitro with this strain is not unusual,but in total darkness is fantastic.and i use no holes in the lids.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: