Python's Grow Log Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Logs Python's Grow Log Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Texas, Hawaiin, Mestizo (BRF cakes) grow logPython Ferry 49 2 08-05-04  08:17 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 581
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 10:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jars that were moved from incubator into a closet where i installed a light.....

Moderator note:
I resized this first pic. It was killng the 56K folks. Hope ya don't mind. It's now down near the bottom of the thread. I didn't know how to put it back here. sorry.

(Message edited by skyypilot on July 28, 2004)
All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break 'em for no one....

Python (Python)

Post Number: 582
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 10:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and another.notice the pins starting in the first pic....

Moderator note:
I resized this one too. One of these days I'll learn how to do it and put it back in its original post. It's down below with the other one. Sorry.

(Message edited by skyypilot on July 28, 2004)
All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break 'em for no one....

Python (Python)

Post Number: 584
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

have pictures of the pinning invitro but they are a little blurry because it was dark so here are some birthed texas cakes.....double stacked.and these are pictures right after birth.i told you the pins got big fast......

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by python on July 23, 2004)

Python (Python)

Post Number: 585
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The cakes have only been in the Fruiting Chamber for about 2 days.....

here are some hawaiian cakes as of 2 hrs ago....

Upload

Python (Python)

Post Number: 586
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more hawaiian......

Upload
Upload

Python (Python)

Post Number: 587
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

texas as of today......

the third pic is of the cake with the large pins above....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Python (Python)

Post Number: 588
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And finally a newer strain...i know cubensis are all similar but i figured why not.....i don't think we have any pics of it in the archives and i don't think ralphster has much info on them either....at least that is what is in his description of "Mestizo".....

Upload

This second cake has some much action it is crazy....its all on the left side you can't see in this pic....but the next pictures will show....

Upload

Python (Python)

Post Number: 589
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well hope you guys enjoy......and i hope things keep coming and getting bigger.......

i know some of the shrooms are maturing small and others are getting bigger......i think it probably has to do with the cakes being in the jars for more than a month......but after a nice dunk.....everything should get nice a big in size....

also...what do you guys think....everything look good....i also have 2 casings i will put into the fruiting chamber in a day or two so.....

we will see soon....and ohh ya...my computer is still whacked out as far as my camera connection goes...so i will be f-disk, and formating over the weekend.....bummer.....

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 12:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice work Python.
This...{cough cough}
is the life...{cough cough}
we choose...

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 23897
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 01:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking pretty good there!!

Namaste

grasshopper wilkins (Triked)
Username: Triked

Post Number: 606
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 05:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lookin good!
"They are holding weapons of mass destruction"
-George "Dubya" Bush

Roc (Rochester)
Username: Rochester

Post Number: 1848
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 10:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roc

Python (Python)

Post Number: 591
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 02:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

picked most of the first flush and am presently drying it.......some of the texas were large in size.....but mestizo and hawaiian were mostly small.....i will be dunking today to replenish with water so everything can be big, and so the few cakes that did not flush can do so......

one question though.....i put my casings in the light but when i opened one up(took it out of the dark and took the foil off), it already had a nice sized pin..........should i cut it out so the flush can be even....or no.........

Python (Python)

Post Number: 593
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 03:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just finished putting hawaiian cakes in the fridge for a dunk....prob 14 hrs....

i will have more recent pics up later

Python (Python)

Post Number: 594
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 07:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

updated mestizo as of yesterday........

a couple of them went from small to sporulating while i worked a 15 hr day.....this flush had some small shrooms but i hope to see bigger after i dunk....

Upload
Upload
Upload

Python (Python)

Post Number: 595
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 07:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some texas pics.....these strain holds up to its rep as far as i am concerned......some were small and some were big and tall....i was pleased with the first flush....i still have some to pick from a few cakes of each strain....2 double stacks of texas did no flush at all but i am sure that a dunk will bring em to life....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

these texas are pretty too.....

Python (Python)

Post Number: 596
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 07:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more texas pics....

Upload

This second picture is of the one that had the large invitro pins....
Upload

these last two are of two cakes this morning....i harvested the top one at 11 am this morning....
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by python on July 25, 2004)

Python (Python)

Post Number: 597
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 08:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hawaiian......small but many, i am presently dunking em so....I also scrapd the side with a fork....to hopefully see some fuzzy mycelium....

Upload
Upload
Upload

Python (Python)

Post Number: 598
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 08:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here are some harvested pictures......

the rubbermaids are in order from L to R

Texas....hawaiian..mestizo

they are presently fan drying.....

Upload

This is of a single texas.....
Upload

these are some texas with some greens and a xanax/valium smile face.....
Upload

Python (Python)

Post Number: 599
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 08:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope you guys enjoy them and i hope the dunking improves on everything as well......i also have the two casing which i will take pics of soon.....

1dumbmyco (1dumbmyco)
Username: 1dumbmyco

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 08:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn Python, those are some pretty pics. I like the smily face.
All posts are for microscopic purposes only.

Chill (Chill)
Username: Chill

Post Number: 275
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 05:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beautiful pics!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. HST

Shroomman21 (Shroomman21)
Username: Shroomman21

Post Number: 41
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 02:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice pics took forever on my 56k dam....nice grow man cant wait for my shrooms to grow 1 1/2 more week to wiat

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 05:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most excellent, Python.

[Print some of those babies I hope? ]

(Message edited by taoistshredder on July 26, 2004)
This...{cough cough}
is the life...{cough cough}
we choose...

Ferry (Spacecake)
Username: Spacecake

Post Number: 163
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 09:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very.. Very.. good grow-log.... Thanks Python !!!