Dunking Question Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads Dunking Question Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Undercover Cultivator (Northernharvest)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 01:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First off, thanks everyone who's helped me and the many other NEWB's out there, Hippie and Nan, you guys make me jealous i want to be just like you, seriously. anyways, when dunking, what is recommended to dunk in:the jars you used to colonize, new jars, rubbermaid, ziplock baggy? i know about the bottle cap to keep the cake submerged but i was just wondering which type of container seems to be the easiest?i'm not putting them in the fridge but it will be in a cool area(my grandma will see the cakes otherwise).THANKS HOMIES. PEACE
UC

joey ramone (Joey99652)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 01:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dunking

steveoi812 (Ustabcidhead)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 02:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First off let me go ahead and say what someone else will say if I do not. Don't grow in someone elses house, cause they can go down for your shrooms if you get popped. I hope it will not happen. Probably wont but it could turn out to be a very ugly situation if all goes bad. Sorry I had to say that. But to answer your question, I would dunk in clean jars not the ones you colonized in, or at least clean those out real good. Thats just what I do, bro. I dont use lids with holes in em either. I use fresh ones with no holes. I have yet to have a contam on cakes in the fruiting terrarium. But this is not set in stone. Just how I do it...

Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 02:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've read through that and I know the procedure and everything, I'm just trying to get an opinion from people that have done it and if they have a "preferred" method. Thanks for the link though, I appreciate the response.
UC

joey ramone (Joey99652)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 03:39 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well ok..........here goes........

all the archive material is preferred by the way

If you dubk them all together in one container it has the chance of all contaminating, but is the easiest.

If you dunk them all seperately they have only the single chance of contamn.

Lots of folks just fill up the jar and dunk em in that.

others like me dunk them all in one airtight container, but like I said risk............

Others are now doing it in ziplocks which seems to be the fav method of the day.

Most "prefer" the fridge to dunk.

any way is not nessacarily the best way or the right way it just depends on which ever is best for you.

Dr. Cubensis (Shroomzilla)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 03:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Bro...

Been following your threads...

Just to make things easy.
If everything Smells Nice, Looks good, do this:

Get three big ziplock Bags...
Distilled or tap water, either way is allright,
and two to a bag, for a nice long soak....

If possible, not to subvert grandma...
Keep them in the fridge overnight while
they dunk... Nice cold shock...

And, SAVE THESE threads LOL
Since you just got started and have all these Q's,
that way you don't havta ask the same ones again :)

Just keep on Keeping on with yer studying, yer doing fine :)

And, don't be jealous, those guys have worked HAAAAAAARRRD for thier knowledge.
We all have.

Peace!

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 05:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The cubies don't really need a "cold shock" but you give
them one when you dunk in the fridge.
The main reason to dunk in the fridge is to prevent contams
from getting a foothold on your cake.
You might use a bleach "dip" (200:1 water:bleach for 10 min max)
after your dunk if you don't use the fridge, might help.
Hope this helps :)

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 02:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for all the comments guys. Stevo i totally understand and know about the legal actions and i'm not too worried, i live in a small town, the only people that know are me and 2 friends, one doesn't even eat mushrooms and the other one has been my best bud since kindergarten(2 most trustworthy guys i know). but thanks for informing me because i think it is important for to people know the consequences of their actions. Joey, thanks much. DOC, what's up man, thanks, i know i have a lot of questions and i am actually saving these threads so i don't annoy everyone (too much), but thanks, i think i will try that method, it sounds good. IMOK i was actually thinking of doing that, but i was also going to do a bleach dunk before the hydrating dunk and after(rinsing the cake good after each to get excess off) so thanks for the info and i hope all goes well. PEACE
UC

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 11:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

By steveoi812 (Ustabcidhead) on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 02:02 am: Edit

First off let me go ahead and say what someone else will say if I do not. Don't grow in someone elses house, cause they can go down for your shrooms if you get popped.

steveoi, spare us all, please,
the bullshit lectures.
i have warned about this before,
plz do not spread misinformation.
no one is 'going down' for somebody else's shroom grow, that's strictly drug war propaganda.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: