Newbie questions & comments Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads Newbie questions & comments Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

the krustinator (Krustyman)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 01:49 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey folks....first off, thanks for all of the great info!

It has been almost 2 weeks since innoculation via the PF tek. No bad molds yet and the cakes are starting to get vigorous and a few are almost entirely colonized. Others are slower. I like my house cool and had to add a lamp above the jars to keep the temp up. So far I find temps below 70F slow the growth down considerably, comments? They seem to like 75 - 80F.

I have looked at alot of other posts and the dunk tek sounds interesting. I am an avid gardener and experimenter as was wondering if anyone has tried the dunk tek using a manure tea? Not only to replenish liquids, but nutrients as well?

Also there was some discussion on ground shrooms in capsules. I have taken them like this and was pleased. Do you just use a coffee grinder? Where did you get capsules? Other than buying something from the drugstore and emptying the capsules!

I am looking forward to the birth of the cakes!

cheers......a fellow canuck

Scotsman (Barrowland)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 02:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.capsuleconnection.com

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 05:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

So far I find temps below 70F slow the growth down considerably, comments? They seem to like 75 - 80F.

very true.

Quote:

I am an avid gardener and experimenter as was wondering if anyone has tried the dunk tek using a manure tea? Not only to replenish liquids, but nutrients as well?

i've done this.
there's a few tricks to it.
boil & strain the shit tea to sterilize it.
the dunk needs to be done under refrigeration, below about 45*F or so to prevent fermentation during the 12-24 hour long dunk.
i find it's best to remove the verm. layer before then dunk and then just re-apply fresh after.
very important to rinse the cake well after the dunk to remove any traces from the surface.
that's about it,
other than to say a bleach dip of 10 minutes or so in a solution of 200 parts water to 1 part bleach after the rinse/dunk to disinfect the cake might also be beneficial.

Scotsman (Barrowland)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 05:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.capsuleconnection.com/

mark driggs (Djdvnt)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 11:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just go to your local headshop! they have all different size capsuals!

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 01:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to dunking

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: