Corn cob slury Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads Corn cob slury Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

drunker then u (Drunk)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 03:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i tryed that corn cob slury.
about a year ago and it was totaly wite after about 3 days then i didint know what to do with it so i trashed it but i would like to try it agin
how would i case it
cheers

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 03:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had awful luck trying to fruit from substrates containing corn products. It colonizes fine, no fruit for me. I think there is something in corn that inhibits cubensis fruiting cause I simply can't get it to work and gave up on anything containing corn in the grow process: corn meal & corn cob especially.

drunker then u (Drunk)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 07:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool thanx that was the exsact same
thing that happened to me
cheers

cowshitblues (Cowshitblues)
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think it was made to spawn onto something else after wards...??? but i don't know

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 02:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as i recall, the guy that wrote that tek never actually fruited it, he couldn't risk it in his situation, but he knew it colonized well.
then somehow it kinda made it into the teks at shroomery, was copied to drooldonkey and finally made it to here.
we should red-flag it too.

cowshitblues (Cowshitblues)
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 11:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah.. it was said in the tek to spawn to something fruit worthy... but corn slurry can hold liquid like you wouldn't believe,, but you must spawn to dung straw or something fruit worthy, if you can do that then youll see what corncob slurry can put out..first tek other than pf ever done..

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 12:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah, i see .
it's meant to be spawn only, not a real fruitable substrate.
thanks for helping me see that.

we'll archive material to the tek as a addendum clarification.

drunker then u (Drunk)
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 07:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah i tryed to case it like casing for dummies
shroomwizerd tek and with just soil on top that
had plant food in it of coarse it
got contamenated oh well
never did it since
all the casings went white real quick
i bet if there was some sort of nutrints
to fruit it it would be great
but im no good at trying new thimgs
always screw up
well cheers

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: