FRUITING CHAMBER TEC Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. DIY Projects: Many Designs FRUITING CHAMBER TEC Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

GOLLY (Golly)
Username: Golly

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brief:....This simple chamber operates by Capillary Attraction or Wicking of a solution over a tent like structure that fully encloses the grow area.
General:.....Imagine if u will a 3 inch deep tray sitting inside a larger tray of about the same depth.A wiremesh arch is formed over the inner tray.The base of this arch rests in the bottom of the outer tray.A wicking cloth is draped over the arch to the bottom on all 4 sides.A solution of rain water+1TBSP o bleach is poured into the outer tray until the substrate or inner tray begins to float.The Tent will wick the solution over the entire suface without any dripping on to substrate.The tent material is a simple white cotton bedsheet or cot/poly blend.While the sheet only appears to be slightly damp, it does provide a very humid environment,excellent gas exchange and good light transmition.The weak bleach solution knocks out contams and repels flies.Evaporative cooling helps temper Summer heat.
Details:....Go to general store n buy a Cat Litter Tray then look around for the inner tray of same depth but 1 inch smaller on all sides-so theres room for the wire arch n cloth.Now at the hardware store i get Hardware cloth with about a half inch mesh.The Mesh arch should b no higher than 10 inches, as water will only wick so high.This arch is open at the ends and extends the full length of the inner tray.The sheet old or new is made of 2 halves over the arch so that they overlap each other by 2 inches along the apex=this is for easy viewing whats inside.The ends of the sheet extend to the bottom of outside tray on all four sides.There are a bunch of variations on this theme that would be fun to explore.I've had great returns from these lil pods and wish u all the same....Twas Ever Thus..Baby.........

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 845
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome to topia..............
The substance provides continuous high, i'll give you one free, for every five you buy......

Forseti (Forseti)
Intermediate Member
Username: Forseti

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thx for the writeup. Do you do this in a covered bin or in open air?

mycolord (Mycolord)
Username: Mycolord

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 11:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do you have any pictures of the setup freestanding and in use? they would be helpful as to look at as well as helpful in showing that it is in fact something that is feasable and not just a theoretical tek.

thanks for the info though, it sounds good
-unto them i offered a place to grow, and unto me they bestowed a truthful vision-

GOLLY (Golly)

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 12:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry -no Cam..Yes freestanding in open air.I like daylight situations.There are many substitute items u can use for free for a test run,like paper towels
for the tent part n' any 2 containers u have laying around.Just throw some soil mix in or any crap into the substrate tray....That way u can moniter the inner microclimate without investing anything valuable..

Humidified (Humidified)
Username: Humidified

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 01:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

huh?

(Message edited by Humidified on August 26, 2004)

Humidified (Humidified)
Username: Humidified

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 01:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i waited 2 days for this? a rusty chicken wired cat litter box? with no pics?

man I hope that works for ya!

where's my free used car?

Tobynutz (Tobynutz)
Username: Tobynutz

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 05:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the idea itself if very clever. i fyou have a good imagination or good at building or drawing it is very easy to visualize what you are talking about. thanks for the info.
PS- dont let humidified get you down

GOLLY (Golly)

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 11:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will try 2 get pix for ya with a borrowed Cam--Just starting my next grow cycle.Proly spawn in about a Week...Twas ever thus...

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Username: Imok

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Humidified, you need to turn your tude around dude.
You are beginning to sound underaged for Mycotopia.
Hope this helps :-)

GOLLY (Golly)

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 12:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanx Imoc..I like to hear what people really think so, it's OK if some folks don't gush over the idea... Twas ever thus.....

mycolord (Mycolord)
Username: Mycolord

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

even though some dont like it, get some pics anyway, i probably wont ever use that setup myself, but id like to see it , and see it in use also. it sounds cool. besides the more options we have for teks the better off we are. who knows in the future what situation our lives will fall into and what kind of tek we will fall back on.

keep posting , glad your with us
-unto them i offered a place to grow, and unto me they bestowed a truthful vision-

GOLLY (Golly)

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 07:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a good point Mycolord.I think there are aspects of the Capillary Tec that may be useful in exsisting setups,for helping to provide a little extra atmosphere with less need for attention....

Imok Urok2 (Imok)

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 02:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Golly, don't get me wrong.
Constructive criticism is welcomed.
General abuse isn't.

As to your growing chamber:
Good idea, prolly work best where its warm with low humidity.
Might even work for cooling in high temps if you added a fan.

Pics would be great, drawings fine but your tek is appreciated.

Archive material to growing containers

Paw Paw.... (Alounacara)
Username: Alounacara

Post Number: 272
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 03:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Humidified, you need to turn your tude around dude.
You are beginning to sound underaged for Mycotopia

NOTICE Imok: Humidified was the one starting all kinds of shit in Shroomery as Psillyme...
I think he was permabanned there and hopefully here as well...
He was posting bad stuff about Hippie and telling people to buy Mikeological products...
Hes a stinker for shure
Still way cooler than Sucky.....

GOLLY (Golly)

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 12:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At the time i posted, i had just completed a 5 chamber test grow.They were scattered around in different environments like the greenhouse, outside and in the house..the green house grow was the most hostile environ with flies n moulds all around + couple hrs strong sun, temps reaching well into 90s.All of these chambers produced well without need for external support devices..Of course the big mistake was not photographing everything.I have a new cycle starting now an By God i will get u all some pix.At the time i figured this is so simple that it jus speaks for itself...My Bad....Twas ever thus.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 04:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you could add a small grow range log, temps & himidity,
then that would give others an idea of how it would
do in their environment and conditions.

Looking forward to the pics

Thanks for helping

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 25367
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 05:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Humidified was the one starting all kinds of shit in Shroomery as Psillyme...
I think he was permabanned there and hopefully here as well...

i just did,
after seeing his rude post above.
i think imok called it right,
not adult enough for here.

Namaste