Fruiting chamber temp. control Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. Fruiting chamber temp. control Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Malachi Z. Vudah (El_Vudah)
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 07:28 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What methods are you shroomers out there using to regulate the temps in your growing chambers? Lately, I've been using those blue antibacterial Ice cold Paks, placing them on the top & sides of the chamber (80-72F*) also raising the flo light 10-12" from the lid to minumize its heat. I put the paks only inside the chambers of the taped unbirthed 100% colonized jars for it tends to drastically reduce the humidity. The other disadvantage ofcourse is having to refrigerate them after a few hours.

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 07:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello! Anybody out there using Nuclear fishin', Zero point energy or polar bear shit to kool their aquarium Mmmm kay ?

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 08:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about Klondike bars,insulation wrap from Lowes/home depot or Plutonian iceypops?

steveoi812 (Ustabcidhead)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 08:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO klondike bars. hahhaaha. Dude. have nothing to add sorry. thanks for the laugh though.*still laughin*

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 09:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea most of the archive material on the fruiting chamber tempature problems deal with raising the temp. If I do nothing when lights are on I get 82-87 F* which was fine last time except only got 1 flushy though b4 contams.The Ice paks lower the temps to 79-72 F*...I'm just trying to hone my skills maybe I'll try applying one of those stuck up hollyweird super models pin up chicks to kool things down a bit, or better yet sniper that damn ground hog & his shadow for a early winter down here in Hellatown, Africa USA Oh! Frig-it!

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Class wake up !

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:24 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MMMMMmmmmmmkay ?

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

could freeze plastic bottles of water and then put them in the chambers.

even one liter size bottle drops the temps a bit.

when the frozen bottle is all melted replace it with a fresh one out of the freezer.
rinse and repeat as needed ;)

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i wish keeping them cool was as easy as warming them up.

its going to be a cold winter and i need to winterize my setup.
the fruiting chamber was at about 70-75F
so i bought an electric blanket.
folded it, and wrapped the outside of the tub.
within 2 hours the temp is at 81F and my goal is 85 F
pretty nice, i can adjust the control up or down as needed :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one easy way to cool a chamber is to cover it with a wet towel and direct a fan's breeze upon it.
the evaporation of the water from the towel will suck mucho heat out of the chamber,
it's a primitive form of air-conditioning
known as evaporative cooling.

Glasshoppa (Glasshoppa)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 03:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did that wet towel/fan thing on my naked body when I lived in the Philippines and had no a/c. Sometimes I had to work at night and sleep during the day in the unbearable tropical heat/humidity. I'd lay on the bed with a wet towel over me and the fan pointed right at me. It absolutely works.

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 06:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanxs all! Now this is the Mycotopia I know &
Hey Malf, I thought "the goal" for the fruiting chamber is that lower temp 72-78 F* while the incubation temp is the 85-88F*
According to your goal 85F* I can just leave it be!

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 06:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i havnt been able to get pins with zstrain at lower than 80 or so.

the temps were at 65 to 70 before i got the heated blanket.

i woke up and it was too hot so i had to turn it down a bit. didnt give it enough time to adjust the temps before i went to sleep, its my own fault.

i got them at about 80 right now so all should be ok.

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 06:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kool! No I mean Warm
gotta run now off to work

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: