Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Invitro [MycroTeks] Rye invitro Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

mindless vesscular (Mindless)
Intermediate Member
Username: Mindless

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 03:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks lie rodger is not the only one having success with growing invitro on rye.

rye berries bought bulk from the organic/health food store, hydrated with regular bottled spring water, no coffee or elixer, etc.

grown from cloned tissue

Upload

Upload

Upload

rodger, if you see this, what do you do after plucking? h2o and/or bleach dunk? return to fruit again? case?
the exposed rye is kinda worrysome...

(Message edited by mindless on September 01, 2004)

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 2467
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 04:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice pics!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 3558
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 05:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just dunk it and stick it right back in the jar. It's fully colonized, so doubtful it would contaminate. However, it looks like you've had it out of the jar for awhile. You might want to use a tablespoon of bleach per gallon of water when you dunk. That looks great!!!
"Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me". . .jimi hendrix

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 71
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 12:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it was only out long enough to quickly take a few pics and pluck everything off. the room was also misted first with a lysol substitute.

your advice is appreciated and noted.

thanks

btw, wet weight from this pint was ~40g

and it also should be noted that a pint of rye grass seed noc'd up about the same time (cloned with tissue from the same fruit) is starting to show pins.
i'll add to this thread when/if it starts to show results.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 25524
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 12:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

grown from cloned tissue

that's the key to your success right there
nice work
archive material in fact

Namaste

Soliver (Soliver)
Username: Soliver

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 08:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great invitro pics - nice work!

:-)

soliver

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 12:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here's the one done wih rye grass seed:

same isolate as above

this is all that grew on the side, the rest at the top:
Upload

Upload

those split caps are just beautiful...
Upload

it was mainly a big bunch at one end of the jar.
wet weight: ~45g

before i say the grass seed outdid the berries, the total above is not counting a late bloomer on the berries, which would probably make the two about equal.

ps. look in the sub-thread (but dialup beware)

drwombatt (Drwombatt)
Username: Drwombatt

Post Number: 147
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 12:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those are really good pics. Im impressed What tek did you use? a tek of rodgers? I need to try cloning in one of my spawns.

CurryShroomer (Curryshroomer)
Username: Curryshroomer

Post Number: 223
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 01:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very tasty looking pics... yum!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 25811
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Namaste

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 06:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no real tek was used, just rye pc'd with h2o and then a tissue sample from a nice shroom was torn from the stem, dipped in hydrogem peroxide amd then placed in the jars. they were all kindof 'experimental' jars, nohing special. in fact, these two were the only ones to survive from about 8 others.

like hip said, all the luck was in the cloned tissue, as nothing else was really anything special.

next stop: trying the clone in birdseed...

(Message edited by mindless on September 09, 2004)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: