Archive through October 24, 2002 Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. Residence Archive through October 24, 2002 Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 11:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright, I'm gonna be growing a batch of mushrooms for me and my friend. No selling, and no telling :P
So word shouldnt get around, I know first hand from my prior experience how fast ppl begin to find out if you start telling even just good friends.
Now I'm thinking about growing under my bed, I already have a rubbermaid that goes under it. And the bed is a matress and boxspring on a wooden frame. Its a pain in the ass to get it up, so I figure that alone would stop the average person. I know we have one room check a term and they said they dont go thru drawer. And who looks under these beds anyways?
Another option is invitro, which I'd rather not do (I'm not using jars, rather glasses w/ foil).
Other than that, the next option is arubbermaid in my closet, Ive got a bunch in there already so it wouldnt look suspicious.

Any ideas to which is the best choice?

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 11:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i sugest you make damn sure its worth the risks of getting cought.
it sounds like a dorm room, remember if you get cought producing an illegal substance in a certain distance to a school i think it raises the peneltys. but i cant be sure and im too lazy to check since its not my ass on the line.

anyway, where ever you put them should be ok as long as you remember to fan.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 12:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if it were me,
i'd go invitro in a locked footlocker.

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 01:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont have a footlocker...
And its not really like a dorm, we have our own rooms, and me and another guy share a kicthen and bathroom. He's cool with growing too.
As of now he doesnt know I've started a batch, so if he finds out big deal. I'm just trying to keep hush hush.

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 01:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our desks have locks on them.... they never gave me the key though. I should go ask about that, though I'm not sure if that'd do much.
But they say they wont look in stuff. They just wanna make sure we didnt hang up pictures, use tacks on posters and stuff like that so you cant claim it wasnt you. They also want to make sure we dont have a hotplate, indoor barbeque, and other banned appliances.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 01:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you, sir, are headed straight for trouble, in my opinion.
you seem far too eager to re-assure yourself despite several very obvious problems right from the start.
that room-mate is a definite no-no i don't care how 'cool' he is, he might just have a big mouth or his feelings towards you may change, anything could go wrong.
and in no way can you count on and rely on any assurances that others won't find out what's going on. just because they say they won't look don't make it true.
this is a very serious felony, friend,
one that could ruin your life if you get caught.
don't slop thru it half-assed.
they sell footlockers at kmart, walmart, plenty of places.
spend a few bucks to save your ass wear and tear in prison, that's the best advice i can give you.

Crazy4weed (5150for420)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 02:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Better safe than sorry... If you really want them that bad, then try the invitro in a locked container untill you can get your own place and do it right. What if the guy comes into your room lookin for something like a fresh pair of socks and happens across the box? A locked container will also help to keep him "honest"(that would really suk for you to put the effort into these things and have some shrooms dissapear).

SKITTLES (Skittles)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 02:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attention Kmart shoppers:
Locking Rubbermaids now at Kmart for under 20 bucks. Personally I would'nt grow if I did'nt have a room/space that ONLY I had the key to. Your
life is'nt worth a few shrooms. I use a gun safe, locking rubbermaid, and a couple footlockers. I was on campus today taking a test and notice the girl next to me had a badge with our city's name on it (glanced in her bag). Now, I would imagine few people would have guessed shes a cop. . .i'm probably the only one in class who knows. . .thats how undercovers work. Hell, a friend of mine was at a club appearantly with a group of friends and they were arranging the sale of some herb when a pretty blonde strolls up and says "can you guys get some rolls, some e?" He told her to fuck off and she wanders over to another group of his friends that were carrying on a conversation of the same nature. He indicates to them that shes a cop thats undercover. Later that evening he gets pulled around the corner by an officer and the cop says "Don't ever let me catch you putting our officer's lives in danger!" Indicating that he was'nt too pleased that he tipped off his friends. So be careful. . .you may not think people will take the time and effort to bust you for some seemingly unharmful activity. . .but why chance it?

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 04:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tomorrow I'll go grab a locker, I can stuff it with jars and put it in my dresser with socks around it. Should keep them warm during incubation. By the time they're ready I'll likely have had my first room check and will know what to expect.
I spoke to my roommate (dont worry, I've known him for 6 years). He knows not to tell, and I'm not selling. He's been good about stuff like this so far, like when I have bud and someone asks him if he has any, he'll act like I dont have any. He knows if I chose to offer I will do so.
But I really cant see why anyone would look under my bed, that's excessive!

cowshitblues (Cowshitblues)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 04:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thats where all the good stuff is...under the bed.. funny my landlord came in unexpected cause next door was having a wiring problem...and guess where my fuse box is.oopps right in my closet.. so he just opens the closet and exposes my secret to god and all his children,, changes the fuse..nd proceeds to tell me ""its been years"" and smiles and walks out.. i was sweating for a second but he's cool as hell

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 04:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, thats great man.

joey ramone (Joey99652)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 04:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotta love alaska

Luck you man glad ya made it out unscathed

cowshitblues (Cowshitblues)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 06:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he told me he had to tell one of his tenants to get an air purifier cause he could smell the weed growing out in the hallway.. as long as you pay the rent its all good

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 08:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I spent like 2 hours shopping around today an NO ONE knew what a foot locker was. I checked Walmart, Zellers, Canadian Tire and business depot.
I found many fire proof safes that were $60-$200 depending on size and quality. Way too much for me to spend (as I dont have that kind of cash).
I also found some cash boxes, which are too small to fit jars in. They are roughly $20-30.
I came up with 3 ideas though:
a) Buy a padlock and little lock for it to connect to, then build myself something. But I have no tools and no wood to build out of :(
b) Similar to (a) but to attach it to my dresser, but once again, no tools.
c) They had a bunch of filing cabinets at Zellers. One was only $27 and had 2 drawers. Seemed to have the most storage capacity for something in that price range. I could put it right beside my desk here. A little more than I hoped to spend (as that means I have no monies for groceries) but I guess its worth the security. I still have to find a way to lug that huge thing all the way home though.

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 11:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I hauled my ass down there and bought the filing cabinet. It was $34 with taxes, but it has two drawers that lock. I have the bottom one with all my supplies in it, and the top one with all my jars in it. I might possibly find some way of growing directly in it. Like tinfoil trays with plastic dome lids might work in there?

Crazy4weed (5150for420)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds good... anyone asks why its locked, "personal paperwork". Best of all; PEACE OF MIND

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep :P

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 08:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds a lot better, to me.
good luck

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 08:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good move, Brad. You can eat next week!

Sampson (Sampson)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 08:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eating is for the WEAK Mycophile!