Stealth Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. Stealth Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

perpetually LOST (Lost_onabbey_rd)
Username: Lost_onabbey_rd

Post Number: 230
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 11:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

after many years of hiding things from my sister i have realized that sometimes hiding things in plain view is the best way to go. so i just finished setting up my room, and just finished building this box :-). you'll knowtice the speaker wire coming out of the back, so that it looks like it's acutaly hooked up. i had this speaker and the other one hooked up on my back porch last year. through all the rain and stuff they went the way of the dinosours. the other one has been used in a very similar fashion for the last year as my stash box, with only one incident, which was my fault for opening it infront of somebody. it holds 12 1/2 pints which will probibly be fruited introv. the bed side table will be the fruiting chamber. the sheet on top is 1 layer thick so that sunlight can get through, but from the outside you can't see anything through it :-) i'm happy, i think this should suit me very well. i'm very excited as i should be able to make my first casing here in a few days :-)
LOST
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

A fool thinks he knows everything, a Wise man admits the knows nothing.

Mad Hatter (Get_born_again)
Username: Get_born_again

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 12:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That speaker is the hot shit.
Then again, you should remember you are conversing with a crazy person.

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 294
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 05:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice and stealthy...
i like it...nice to see those fhatty
corn jars worked out for you.....
how do you do your corn again?
well keep up the good work........

peace,
pcsillypj
"I hear colors and see sounds"

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 926
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 06:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The substance provides continuous high, i'll give you one free, for every five you buy......

jeklhyd (Grosscaricature)
Username: Grosscaricature

Post Number: 162
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 07:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not to be a prick, but I think the nighttable/rubbermaid is kind of conspicuous because it looks so awkward to use for its usual purpose. The way the lamp is leaning... If I was snooping around, sirens would go off when I saw that. Perhaps a peice of plywood on top would help to make it look more like a table?

But the speaker is pure genius.
Celebrate Conformity!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 25694
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pretty creative
but i'd stack a bunch of shit on that end-table
the more stuff piled on it
the less likely anyone will move it or suspect anything might be under it
archive material to stealth

Namaste

Post Number: 232
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 12:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks guys :-). being a college kid with shit all over my room i'm not to worried about the table. it does normally have my wallet and keys, but maybe i'll throw something else on there, maybe a black light or something, haven't figured out where to put them yet anyways. i've already had a couple of my friends mention "hey nice table" :-), if they only knew . i do have a 2 thin peices of plexy glass, i'll see what i can do about making a flatter top. i want the top to be clean so that light can get through b/c from what i've heard portabellos love indirect sunlight.
PSilly. the jars were done the way hipp told me to, PC for 20 mins in coffee water to hydrate, rinsed, drained, loaded, and PC for 90 mins, they seem to be working great so far. and best of all not a single contam spotted :-), one question though, is it normal for there to be alot of condensation on the sides as then near 100%? b/c one jar has gone from no condensation to completly covered in the last few days as it finishes.thanks for the kind words guys.
LOST

(Message edited by lost_onabbey_rd on September 07, 2004)

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 07:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

update on the table. i took jekl and hipp's advice. made it a flat top, i'm trying to figure out what else i can put on top to make it seem used. the only problem is what ever i put up there will have to be taken off several times a day for fanning. to make it a flat top i used 2 peices of plexi glass i happend to have laying around. the bottom peice was much smaller and is acting mainly as support, the larger peice was cut to fit the rim of the lide. then made some supports, as the plexi is pretty flimsy. the supports are just index cards, 2 cards per support , cut to the right high, rolled into mini colums, then duck taped together and to the bin. as hipp suggested i put something else on there. i'd really like to get one of those tappistrys to put over it insead of the sheet, but that will have to wait. thank's for the ideas and feedback guys :-) think it looks much better like this :-)
LOST
Upload
Upload

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 2509
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 07:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Much better! :-)

Nice....just make sure you don't mutate your shrooms with that black light! Heheheh black light can cause weird mutations if exposed enough...
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

paradox (Paradox00)
Username: Paradox00

Post Number: 155
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

black light can cause weird mutations if exposed enough...

Really? I have a blacklight in my room I turn on every once in a while, will that affect the cakes I have growing in an aquarium in my room? They don't get a whole lot of light from the blacklight since they are under it and have a cover, but should I be cautious about turning it on?

This is a lot different than exposing them to 12 hours a day of pure blacklight, so does anybody think it could still have any negative effects?

(Message edited by paradox00 on September 08, 2004)

I_am_me (I_am_me)

Post Number: 2519
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never bothered with it but I do know those who have used blacklights as a light source to grow did have mutations...
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Post Number: 243
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 04:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i don't really plan on using the black light that much, just to make it look used. if i do turn it on, i'll put something over the lid to keep the light out. i don't want my children to be retarted :-)
LOST

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 25812
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what you need is a board under that cloth
above the rubbermaid lid
that way it'll obscure the rubbermaid shape still visible and make it easier to remove
just lift the board with stuff still on it.

Namaste

I_am_me (I_am_me)

Post Number: 2533
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah hes right, the handles still stick out quite a bit so I can tell what it is.

Cube scout (Cube_scout)
Username: Cube_scout

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 06:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cut a hole in the board and chisel a layer out of the board around the hole edge to fit the plexiglass into.

Or put the plexiglass onto the hole you cut in the plywood and fit a piece of corrugated cardboard on the top. The cardboard has a hole cut to the size of the plexiglass.
This will make everything nice and flush.
*Earning my mycology badge*

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: