Newbie needs help: weak mushrooms???? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Fungi Forum / Misc. Noteworthy threads Newbie needs help: weak mushrooms???? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Lord Snark (Lordsnark)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 02:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made tea out of 15 grams dried mushies from the first flush of my first batch. My honey and I got some nice tingles in the spine but that was about it. I did not boil the mushies... just simmered for 15-20 minutes. Then mixed with OJ.

Shouldn't 15 grams be enough for 2 people?

Note: using PF Tek with PF strain

What gives??? Am I doing something wrong, or am I just wasting my time?

Please help.
Lord Snark

The Doctor (Drleary057)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 02:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did you drink te tea only? personally I'd grind those shrooms up and add directly to the water full ingestion is much more potent. Doc
P.S. 15 for two people should have you flying like a kite.

Jonny Pajamas (Jonnypajamas)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 02:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

15 grams of PF's split in two are enough to make your hands turn into jello jigglers! I would deduce that it must have been the simmering. Did your friend trip at all?

I hate to taste them so I chop them up into little bits, then I put a handfull into my mouth and then I wash them down without chewing. I think it hits me softer and lasts longer, cause my body is breaking them down for a while. I'm always tripping after all my friends are down.

Hope this helps

The Doctor (Drleary057)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 03:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd think that finely ground mushies would hit harder since you are increaseing the surface area and promoting quick digestion, i.e. hard and fast. Am I wrong here or is it you aren't chewing them to aid in a slower digestion? Doc

Serialkiller (Serialkiller)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 03:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dont forget that if you eat all the dried shroom you get ALL the magic. you never know how much is still left in there during simmering

peace
serialkiller

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 06:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i still dont see the point in making tea if you are going to eat the mushrooms AND drink the tea.

personaly, i feel that if you have to eat it anyway, might as well just eat it and be done with it.

Jonny Pajamas (Jonnypajamas)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I refrain from chewing for two reasons, one because I can't bare the taste, and two because I trip longer. It takes a while to digest. I want to make the tea, but I'm afraid of losing any magic. Next though I will try capsules.

Dr. Cubensis (Shroomzilla)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Caspsules are the ONLY way to go imho JP....

doing it like that is plain PHAT.

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PHAT!
yea, i use capsules. but some some reason it takes an hour or longer for it to kick in on me.

last trip i took 10 capsules.
it took a good hour and a half to start taking me for a spin.
but its probably just me, and my system.

Serialkiller (Serialkiller)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey mal try poking holes in the end of your capsules. it is supposed to help it break it up better. the mushrooms get into you faster. i notice it only takes me half of that time to kick in. about 30 minutes total instead of 1hour and 30 minutes.
i use a thimbtack to poke the holes in the end.
i guess the bigger the holes the faster it will hit you. thats less for the capsul that your stomach acid has to digest.

peace
serialkiller

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:59 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that makes perfect sense.
thanks for the tip :)

Derby (Derby)
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 11:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happened to me a long time ago, friends and I simmered some shroomies and split up the tea, no one wanted to eat the shroomies that we had simmered so I did, well, we didn't simmer them long enough, I tripped balls and they barely got off.....

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 01:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm I have had great success with mushroom tea.

My method:
70 fresh grams (or 30, etc whatever you prefer)

Chop em all up, boil a cup of water with a bag of tea. After it gets to a dark color from the tea, take it off the burner. Let it stop boiling, shouldnt take more than 5 seconds.

Pour it over the mushrooms, stir every few minutes for 10 minutes. Filter off the mushrooms, squish water out with a spoon.

Boil another cup of water, repeat with same mushrooms. Stick the spent mushrooms in honey cause, why not? Drink second cup of water.

In a relatively short amount of time I tripped and tripped HARD. Not a single piece of solid mushroom ingested. Second time using tea, I ate the mushrooms and it was maybe a little more intense but not that much more.

So anyway, it must be the simmering that is killing the drug.

me (Dzznuts)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 08:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i made tea with a couple friends too with great success. we cut open some tea bags, emptied the tea, groung up our mush with one of those hand bud busters, put the mush in the tea bags and stapled bags shut, put warm to hot water in a tea pot, added the bags, let simmer till cold.
it was quite a long process but half the fun of drugs is playing with them.
we had around 20 grams between 6 people and we all tripped pretty hard.

John Rodriguez (Desertman)
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 02:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I brewed 2.5 grams of dried shrooms. 2 times for 10 minutes, and mixed with concentrated cherry kool aid. Worked good, but not too strong. I broought the mush with me, but just wouldn't take it. It's like Pavlov's dog now. As soon as I start to chew I want to barf. So I have to go the tea route.

pneuma9 (Pneuma2)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 06:13 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A time I made tea was with some way huge overmature shrooms, a whole lot of em. I wanted to make tea and toast before seeing Lord of the Rings, but the spearmint and licorice was at my grandmas house! Well, I took my whole operation over there. Chopped up all the shrooms and licorice and spearmint leaves, boiled it, mixed other shroom choppings into peanut butter and put that on some rye toast. After two pieces of toast and a cup of tea, I was getting so fucked up I couldn't keep it together. I was gonna eat more but I got a visual impression of an (alcoholic 1950's housewife leaning against a counter, drunk and desperatly trying to get in that last shot before her husband comes home). It seemed too pathetic, so I dumped the rest of the tea and left. Wish I drank more almost, but driving and stuff gets difficult on too much. (not that I would know). The funny part was when my grandma looked at my pot of 'spearmint and licorice' tea and asked if she could try it! I was like "Ya Grandma! Go ahead!" She went to take a spoonful before she saw all the floating mushie chunks and spazed. It was great.

m

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 02:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think in general it's best to keep the shrooms off the stove/heat/microwave and just pour hot water over them, soak, mash and strain, repeat two or three times .
that will be plenty strong, no need to boil/simmer the shrooms, just the water.
good stuff here, archive material.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 03:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with hippie, it doesnt take more than 10 minutes to get at least half of the psilo.,another 10 minutes and you got most of what its worth into the water.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 12:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very true, the 'magic' is very easily dissolved in mere minutes if the stems, etc. are chopped/split. i've even done it without any heat at all, worked great.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: