Glass cleaning tek Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Glass cleaning tek Previous Next

Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 3744
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 02:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The everclear experiments gave me an idea. I thought it would be an awesome way to clean glass so I gave it a try. WoW!! Never had anything clean pieces this well, this fast, with such little effort.

Gather all your sticky, dirty, half clogged pipes together. No need to use pipe cleaners or otherwise 'pre clean' them.
Upload

Carefully load the glass, bowl end down, into a jar. Fill the jar with cheap ol' rubbing alcohol. The 70% stuff works great.
Upload

Place the jar of pipes/alcohol in a double boiler and turn on the stove. Bring to a boil, and allow the alcohol to boil in the jar for half an hour. You may need to add a bit more alcohol as it evaporates. You may also need to add a bit of water to the pan. Don't let it boil dry.
Upload

After half an hour turn off the stove. Allow to cool enough to handle with your hands. Remove the pipes from the jar and rinse for a second or two under the faucet with hot water to remove the alcohol and any particles of sediment. Put a lid on the jar and save the alcohol for next time. It can be reused several times. Please, no lectures on using alcohol near a stove. Everybody knows to be careful. Here's the results.
Upload
"Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me". . .jimi hendrix

tommyk318 (Tommyk318)
Username: Tommyk318

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 03:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awesome.

Mad Hatter (Get_born_again)
Username: Get_born_again

Post Number: 242
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 04:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. I can not express what joy this will bring to my friends and I. Might be better than when I showed them two syringes of everclear that was really 14 grams of mushrooms (and, believe me, they were impressed by that), but it's hard to say.

Question one - did you soak it in that alcohol before you boiled? If so, how long?

Question two - you mean this took no scrubbing or picking or anything like that?

Question three - does it even clean the "far side" of the bowl? The opposide side of the carb/clear that is virtually impossable to clean?

Please, no lectures on using alcohol near a stove. Everybody knows to be careful.

lol - for real

Hellooooooooo? Coil stove? Fan? Not rocket science, even for us stoners out there. Sadly, one of these days some dipshit will use a gas burner...it's probably already happened...

Great job, Rodger, always glad to see another installment in the Mad Science Lab.
Then again, you should remember you are conversing with a crazy person.

Cutty (Cutty)
Username: Cutty

Post Number: 266
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 04:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a method to my madness.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 26108
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 04:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice write-up, rodger
archive material
as this subject comes up regularly here

Namaste

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 3747
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 05:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't need to soak or pre-clean in any way. I don't even scrape the bowl clean. Yes, the alcohol boils up through the pipe if you put it bowl down. Think of it as the way a coffee pot works. Boil the pipes in alcohol for half an hour and they are brand new clean. Guaranteed.
"Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me". . .jimi hendrix

Afraid of America (Afraidofamerica)
Username: Afraidofamerica

Post Number: 396
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 05:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My buddy would clean his glass by placing the pieces in a ziploc baggie add alcohol + lots of salt...shake shake shake and voila! never tried it myself but would do a damn fine job on his gunked up pipes.

Peace
-AoA
"First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
--Mahatma Ghandi

Corruptisima republica plurimae leges
(The more corrupt a republic, the more laws)

ShedTheMonkey (Shedthemonkey)
Username: Shedthemonkey

Post Number: 481
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 05:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roger, even tho its been said many times, I must just reiterate: You are fuckin AWESOME!!

You, Sir, Rock!
ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

Cleanjar (Cleanjar)
Username: Cleanjar

Post Number: 1392
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 11:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for the demonstration.
nothings ensconced nothings entrenched
nothings entangled or twisted or wrenched
everything smoothly flows right through my head.

Troutlips (Troutlips)
Advanced Member
Username: Troutlips

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 03:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bassplar99 (Bassplar99)
Username: Bassplar99

Post Number: 295
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 05:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I alwyas boiled in water, this makes a lot more sense and seems more effective. :-) Thanks for the advice.
All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: