Flower Pot Stealthy Outdoor Mushies Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. Flower Pot Stealthy Outdoor Mushies Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

ShedTheMonkey (Shedthemonkey)
Username: Shedthemonkey

Post Number: 526
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 04:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all

Here are a couple of pix of some fake plants/flowers in flowerpots outside that have been planted with vermiculite layer and then slightly green cakes. The little ones are about 3/4 inch and the big one about 3 inches. :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 3930
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 05:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool. They grow even better if you'll spawn into your real plants. The plant roots and the mushie mycelium will get along great together. Neither will try to choke out the other.
"Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me". . .jimi hendrix

Python (Python)
Username: Python

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 06:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's just a hobby that i picked up in the lobby.........

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 411
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 06:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice stealth...:-)
"I hear colors and see sounds"

Cube scout (Cube_scout)
Username: Cube_scout

Post Number: 215
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 06:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey!!!Now I want to do that!
Better yet, I'm eyeing big (and growing) compost heaps of mowed grass and other shit dumped at the edge of the cemetary, next summer though, dang!

With all that human gravy running down the hill, there should be plenty of nutes!
*Earning my mycology badge*

Xray (Xray)
Advanced Member
Username: Xray

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 07:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

With all that human gravy running down the hill, there should be plenty of nutes!

ROTFLMAO!

Good one!
OM - MANI - PADME - HUM

Post Number: 552
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 03:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Lookie what popped up over the last couple days... I think they are GTs but the indoor ones I have seen didn't look this brown!

Upload
ShedTheMonkey

"The acceptance of indeterminancy is the beginning of wisdom," -- from Mindswap by Robert Sheckley

pscillypj (Pcsillypj)
Username: Pcsillypj

Post Number: 466
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 06:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pics
they look soo perfect...
like a fairytale.
"I hear colors and see sounds"

CurryShroomer (Curryshroomer)
Username: Curryshroomer

Post Number: 371
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 07:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hahahaha nice! It's so funny in a way too :-). You little Monkey growing mushies were ever you can while fooling your neighbors lol :-)

They look beautiful and shiny!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 26975
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 01:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how cute
nice cluster there too

Namaste

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 26976
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 01:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material to stealth

Namaste

Taoist Shredder (Taoistshredder)
Username: Taoistshredder

Post Number: 1593

I love burying them in with plants, but have only
gotten a few successes. Friends of mine have had
it work well, though. How long will the fungus be
able to live down there? What does it eat? I see
there's an obvious symbiotic relationship between
plant and fungus, I'd just love to learn more
about it (so I can stop fucking up).
Your memories of the past
Are no more real than
Your visions of the future

Post Number: 557
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 05:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, its hard to guage what will happen with the contammed cakes. In one long pot that I had put some popcorn casings in, they basicly just composted and enriched the soil in the flower pots. These cakes seem to want to produce some more, while the cakes in the other pot just turned completely green and are being digested by the trich and soil.

It is fun when I find new pins out there. I am thinking I need to seed my lawn with spores or grain spawn so I can have other than the Chlorophillia mushies pop up. My yard grows grass, weeds, and green spored white mushies. :-)

ShedTheMonkey