Sleestak's NGB STealth Box attempt Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Marijuana Sleestak's NGB STealth Box attempt Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 05:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all, I didn't want to drop this on the end of Jades thread but I wanted ya'll to see my progress. I'll keep posting pictures until it's done. I will say that I know Home Depot like the back of my hand now.

I'm going with a 250 watt HPS and a 140 cfm fan, overall box height is 47"..bulb to scrog should be about 20". Hopefully my light will be here on monday and the fan on Wednesday...I think I'm going to grow Haze for my first attempt..plus I have a friend that is already growing northern lights and we're goign to swap mothers once I get it together. Wish me luck

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 05:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted pics with that one, then I realized that my license plate was plain as day in a couple.. problem now fixed
Enjoy!

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 06:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 01:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

far out, this is going to be archive material when it's done, i can see that already.
good thing you caught that license plate, that might not be good to share.

plz get some close-ups of the key systems, the plumbing, ventilation, parts needed, etc. to help others who no doubt will be trying to imitate your set-up in the future.
great post.

Jade GreenDreams (Jade)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 01:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow that is coming along *NICE*

im definately going to go out of my way to check on this thread for any updates you have--im very interested becuase im basically trying to do the same thing. its been an awful few weeks trying to figure out what on earth to do & how to set it up, my gf and i (lil partners in crime lol) have been going back and forth from one idea to the other--however i find your pictures inspiring. please keep me (& whoever else who's impressed) up to date!!
again nice job man

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 07:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how is your project coming along, jade ?
decided on what strain or light yet ?

fungusmaximus (Fungaloid)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 06:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Might just cut the license plate out of those photo's. Its pretty easy to unscramble with programs today.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 03:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i removed it, just in case.

groingrinder (Groingrinder)
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 09:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woohoooo! I am so jealous.

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 04:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is one beautiful setup Sleestak! I wish I had the patience to have those kind of woodworking skills

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 07:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know if I would call it skills..lol more like luck and wood screws

What I need are some electrical skills, the mother room will only support 18" flouros but you can't find that size flouro without the fixture being to big. So I bought a couple of industrial 24" fixtures and tore them down to just the wires and ballast and made them custom fit for 18", I hope it works ..hehe

Man the HPS light came today and it doesn't work minor setback I guess, sux none the less.

THanks for all the support, looks like dirt weed is back in town. Smoked a bowl last night and it almost choked me down. Hydro spoils your lungs really fast!

I'll keep ya'll posted
peace

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 04:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK here are a few more pics. I finally got the fan in and I'm going to install it today. The light got here and it was damaged in shipping so I had to send it back. So i've had to time to fix up my scrog, paint the inside white (actually, it's primer) cut the holes and install the PVC for the ventalation system. The small room is the mother room. The little 45 degree pieces are just holding the pieces up until they dry.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 12:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sux about the light, did the post office break it or was it shipped defective ?
what size light are you using anyway in there ?
looking good so far, that primer is a good idea, 99% reflective and cheaper than mylar.
what strain will you be using ?

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 01:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that it was busted in shipment. The box was a little dinged up and the reflector was bent on the edge. It is a 250watt HPS. I'm still considering using some mylar, especially on the lid...I've ordered Atomic Haze strain from Kindseed. Hopefully the seeds will be here in about a week. I can't wait to stop smoking this mexican dirt weed!

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 01:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

make sure all the joints in the pvc piping are 100% leakproof , many times people get caught by complaints about dripping water , are you going to put insulation in the ballast area ? The ballast is also a source of heat , from the strains i've grown haze was the least smelling kind and a strong high ,also not too much leaves or widespreading ,info on strains at http://www.cannabis-strainbase.com/index.html

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

an excellent site on small scale hazegrowing covering most topics from a dutch site but in english can be found at :
http://www.bonk.demon.nl/growing/haze.html

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 04:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice linx.

Dazen (Dazen)
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How's the project coming, Sleestak? I'm trying to put together a design for a small-scale grow closet (under 15 plants, probably about 8-10) and yours looks really good.

sleestak (Sleestak)
Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys,
Sorry I haven't posted anything for a bit. I work retail and work is robbing me of all my free time. Here is an update though. I think I mentioned that I recieved the light but it wasn't working. Well, I sent it back to the guy he fixed it and threw in an extra bulb for my troubles

I light proofed the plastic tub and lid with 3 layers of duct tape and used some spray adhesive to stick some mylar on the lid.

My friend is already growing Northern Lights, and he offered to start my Haze seeds while I get my cabinet finished up. I went over to visit my babies last week and they all have 3 sets of leaves already. Won't be long

I'll put some pictures up in the next couple of days. We're going out to dinner tonight, tomorrow is my birthday but maybe the day after, I'll get some photos up.

I'll keep ya'll updated

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 02:49 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice to see you're ok.